IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I'm the same. I don't need to eat ALL of my stuff myself (well...!!), just that I want them to be opened on a weekend that I can have one or two! I was SO MAD when I learned he'd finished my Cadbury creme eggs, which he doesn't even like, just because they "needed eating"! (And, worse probably, when he opened my last pack of chocolate hobnobs for the general biscuit tin in the city which is only used by my lovely cleaner!

Jo we do have serious eating probs dont we. food is mine and i even begrudge having to cook food for bf when i see him cos i aint cooking something different and they are 'my' sausages. never give him steak or meat though that deffo is mone :)

Did you share your toys as a child? I did!

Once, an ex ate a half grapefruit I had in the fridge, which I'd beautifully segmented and removed the skin from... (Did I mention he was an ex?)

I don't much like my man eating chicken at the weekend either! given that I know he'll be eating [all sorts] the rest of the weekend, I begrudge him "my food" then. During the week though, when he's being good, I share nicely... :D

yes i did too Jo. without a problem. Apparently my dad (with his first wife) used to buy food and hide it from her ...must be where i get it from. (my dad is like a stick!)
yes thats not fair eating your food when he can have what he likes the rest of the time Jo!

It all depends on how hungry/lazy my OH is feeling. He asked if he could have some of the fish I was cooking yesterday once he saw I'd got 2 fillets. The pizza he'd bought for him went straight back in the fridge. He wouldn't touch my fat free dairy/oatbran though, I don't think they really appeal :)

Never mind your OHs I begrudge sharing *my* food with the kids!! I made some fish cakes the other day and left some on my desk and my son ate them. I sat and watched him eating my food and literally bit my tongue rather than say something - after all - I have enough eating issues for the whole family and at least it was healthy stuff he was eating lol!

Oh but had it been chocolate ....

I'm the same. I don't need to eat ALL of my stuff myself (well...!!), just that I want them to be opened on a weekend that I can have one or two! I was SO MAD when I learned he'd finished my Cadbury creme eggs, which he doesn't even like, just because they "needed eating"! (And, worse probably, when he opened my last pack of chocolate hobnobs for the general biscuit tin in the city which is only used by my lovely cleaner!

I hate it when my oh eats the chocolates with nuts in (which I love) even though he hates nuts, just because he feels they need eating!

This is such a funny subject! Making me smile at this unearthly hour!

As for OH's not liking our bran confections, I admit to being VERY fortunate on that front. My OH helped out on day 1 (when I cried tasting my first horrid galette - undercooked inside and foul tasting!) and made me another! While my muffins are good, his are excellent and so I've praised and praised his muffins ;) and so I now have my very own weekday muffin baker :D :D

Mr Robin likes the porridge, he'll go as far as to eat it as pudding instead of fromage blanc if he's not had time in the morning. He's come a long way from the days when he said things like

"Why do you bother buying these breakfast cereals when there's bread?"

"Only horses eat oats"

A decent breakfast is buttered baguette dipped in hot chocolate (no thanks!)

I can't get worked up about him eating stuff I'd reserved for myself (unless he ate my porridge as well as his own). I do get annoyed when the kids go foraging in my 'cake cupboard' which has my dried fruit/chocolate/honey stash for baking and eat my ingredients - usually empty containers found when I've started baking and the shops are closed to buy replacements:sigh:.

Why do French so love dunking baguettes and viennoiseries in their morning drinks! Just seeing the BIG crumbs floating around turns my stomach! (I'm not adverse to dunking a biscuit myself, but it's gotta be one which won't leave foreign bodies in my drink!)

Oh no a soggy rich tea in the bottom of your cup. ach no. maybe one for dunking and one for drinking?

lol. dog poo? (put a pic of it on the fridge = quick and easy weight loss)

Oh no a soggy rich tea in the bottom of your cup. ach no. maybe one for dunking and one for drinking?

He also used to ask to dunk his biscuits in my tea because he didn't like crumbs in his coffee...

Yet, I married him:eek:.

Back