IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

morning. brilliant on your weight loss darling

Thank you my dear... and LOOK AT YOURS!!! You're nearly back to target!!

I know in a state of shock this morning. Proving that bloomin hard exercise DOES pay off and as does upping the carbs. I was so scared of raising them! 40 this week then 50 the week after!

ERM have i just noticed the confession bit???? morning x

I have a confession to make, and not the "usual" post-weekend confession (which I've not had to make since 2010!).

In the supermarket this weekend, seeing an offer on blue topped semi skimmed long life milk, when OH picked up a six pack, I stopped him immediately. He retorted, "well that's what we're using back home". "NO WAY!" I growled.

OK he's right. I've been using semi skimmed milk since... ooh for the past two to three weeks? I only have a little morning and night in a cuppa BUT have been using it for my egg custards of course. 750ml a week. Hardly a tonne admittedly but interesting to see that I lost weight easier seemingly last week without egg custard desserts three of four week day evenings. (what a plonker I am! but must OH gloat quite so much?!)

Aside from that - I again made an (extra) batch of goji muffins, and again found them delicious. Like a light fruit cake. Yum. I only ate one small one though cos an extra.

I also tried konjac noodles for the first time and was impressed. Will be using them again. (I rinsed them very well, boiled them for a couple of minutes, then added them to a stir fry I was concocting with turkey cubes, marinated in garlic, ginger, chilli powder, fromage blanc and coated them well with the sauce. Very nice indeed, and my only criticism would be that I had to snip them with scissors cos they're very long! oh and a bit more boiling wouldn't hurt.)

I tried my hand at beef luc lac (thought the quantities of oyster sauce and soy sauce were excessive, so reduced them... my oyster sauce looks BAD from a Dukan perspective, but is there a "good" one?!). Lovely sauce, but steak was a bit cheap so it was a bit chewy!

I also baked a sultana cake. A real one. Once cooled, I cut it in half, OH had a slice and rest of that half is wrapped awaiting our arrival at the house next weekend. The other half I wrapped and put on a neighbour's doorstep cos his wife's in hospital. (I didn't even lick the spoon!)

So a good weekend diet wise. Two x walks (35 + 50 mins) around the village, never venturing far from home as it was drizzling and grey...

<bet you lot thought I was going to confess far worse!>
x

Hello there Vicks! Lovely to read about your wkend!

Jo! Phew thought you were going to say you off the wagon love.
Ah the milk thing is nothing (says she who had 3 chilli vodkas at the weekend BUT the only snacks I had after drinking were atkins friendly (im good girl i am). At least you have identified it and you can change it.
Well done on ANOTHER good weekend xxxx

Fortunately alcohol doesn't bother me in the slightest! Yours could have been far worse!

Staying on the wagon is so much easier than trying to clamber back once off... ;)

It certainly is Jo. and im still rockin in ketosis. Up to 40g carbs this week. Bought plenty of nuts/seeds and sprouts :) although Im out tomorrow day/night, wednesday day and wednesday night im cooking for the blokie. then away all weekend again!
now what shall i cook him???

40g carbs doesn't sound like a tonne (to me!) cos we're way over that on PV...

How about a Cheeseburger pie... with the missing ingredient (pasta) on the side for him?

Where food invitations are concerned while I'm dieting, I always make something I can eat, then add things for the others. They don't necessarily even notice you don't partake in the extras (ok with just one other person, you can ignore that bit!).

Is it the Brum meet next weekend? How many of you are going?

yes might do Jo. ah its a lot for me though!
brum is the 11/12th think there is about 12 of us going :D

Nice confession JO! Now I get through at least 2l of milk a week (including yoghurt), so that might have had a bit more of an impact here! Incidentally I ate 1/2 a small pot of 4% yoghurt (needed it as a new yoghurt starter culture) and you can really taste the creamy difference... Something else I would previously not have noticed. And how 'fatty' some biscuits taste...

Keep up the good work. Well done on the baking front too.

You'll need to be more specific than that. Which product in particular? As you know, the products need to be fat free and sugar free. Check all packaging before buying anything pre-packaged.

Couldn't it just Jaq... I wonder how long I've inadvertently been buying the wrong milk though! ;)

now you know though you are going to have fab losses every week.
cor im making a right mess of my desk eating pistachios :D

rotter! I love them! the salt will cause you to blow up like a balloooooon

at least you're on the right track with the milk now Jo, and whilst you've not been having a lot of it it is very telling that you had better losses without the custards. Will you go back to those now with skimmed milk at all? Hopefully you should see some speedier results now you've changed it - you've still been doing really well recently.

Back