IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Oi! I hope your not all slagging off sunny Blackpool! Haha very sunny today actually.

My tower's bigger than yours ;)

natty..i too am from blackpool! i used to live in layton =) far cry from istanbul though now! i really miss it and will be home in august :D where abouts are you from?
like joanne i met my other half online and he is the reason im out here now! funny how things turn out
have a good weekend =)

Jo - it's kind of an odd one to work out like that really.
When we first started talking online we were 15 and 16. I think more than anything we were incredibly honest - maybe through angst comes naivete at exactly how honest you really are! There were no preconceptions and the added anonymity made it easier - and obviously at that age all you're looking for is a connection with someone. Culturally we were quite the opposite - he's from the Bible Belt in the South and I live outside of London, so that was a big thing for us to work with.

I guess at that time the entire concept of being a continent apart never really factored that much - it was kind of an unreal situation, although it always seemed fantastical to imagine meeting, at that age nothing was holding us back!
We talked for 2 years before we met - I still wonder at how our parents ever allowed it!

Wonderful story too BE... and I see Sarah met her love online. It's of course becoming more and more "common", but I don't think I could have gone the "dating site" way mind.

Am enjoying a city weekend. Yes Scrumps - I prefer to look at it as I'm walking, pass beside it, under it, whatever, but going up it kind of takes away the fun cos you can't see it any more! Did you see it "shimmer" in the evening? Every hour on the hour all the lights twinkle... lovely!

nope were were back in the bronx enjoying a buffalo grill steak by then lol

morning Jo hun ...hope your weathers good your end xx

It's still absolutely stupendous weather here... but your chillier air is heading our way so I'm in a skirt (please excuse the lily white legs) because I'll be back in woollies soon, I'm sure!! haaaa! (We've 22°C today and sun, and 13° is forecast tomorrow.)

I had a good check up at the GP's Friday evening - he even said my BP was worthy of an athelete's (but he then spoiled it by asking if I was tired, or unwell, cos it's a bit low!). I told him I was ketogenically euphoric and he just said that he wasn't the anti Dukan diet, just that he wanted me to add fruit in. (Yeah yeah one day I will, it's a promise).

So I gave blood and widdled in a pot this morning, and there's another battery of tests being run for tomorrow night. Including a cholesterol recheck (he doesn't like my last year's figures; my gynae says they're fine. Go figure!).

Saturday, I walked an hour fast alone to where I met OH... we meandered around for 2 hours, before meeting a friend, and walking a further hour with her. (My little legs are shorter now that when I woke up Saturday!). Hot hot though so I must have dehydrated (and had gained 700g Saturday morning!).

Sunday, the vide grenier was awful. The first thing I saw when entering was a woman in a burkha (a sign?), and thirty seconds later, in a crowd were I didn't feel threatened just totally claustrophobic, we turned tail and left without ever having been able to approach the stalls to see what people were buying! Ugh!

So "just" a 2H walk on Sunday :)

Lol doesnt the doc know about dukan and fruit Jo!
How was the shop your OH wanted to go to?

A skirt whats one of them !!!!!

sounds like a lot of walking this weekend shame sunday was aborted though

It's quite strange wearing a skirt... it's definitely less warm, but I have to think twice as to how I'm sitting! Fortuately, no one can see me here so I can sit however I like!

Vicky - we never made it to that British grocer's! I thought it was a stupid idea to go in the first place, but there were apparently U.S. things he wanted. Another time perhaps...

My Nana is home... confused and fed up... but home. For how long is anyone's guess though as leaving her alone is just not "right".

Ah you will have to let me know when you do get to go.
Aww poor Nana - is your sister visiting every day?

There'll be three paid carer visits, and Dad and my sister popping in... but for someone who doesn't bother eating or drinking and is non cooperative with those who try, it's going to be hard work for the team (of potentially five people) to figure out what's going in!

I hope I never get that old.

Sunday, the vide grenier was awful. The first thing I saw when entering was a woman in a burkha (a sign?), and thirty seconds later, in a crowd were I didn't feel threatened just totally claustrophobic, we turned tail and left without ever having been able to approach the stalls to see what people were buying! Ugh!

Was there a protest on, Jo? Just wondered as the ban starts today.

aww Jo hope she is ok xx
Oh yes scrump i read about that on the news. good thing or bad thing???

Do you mean me, Vicky?

If so, I'm torn on the subject. On the one hand, when going into shops, banks, etc bikers have to remove their helmets, I do think for security purposes we should be able to see peoples' faces. On the other, I can't help feeling that not all burkha'd women chose to wear them:( so they may have less opportunity to go outside.

Laura yes you...oh and anyone else who would like to comment.
Im kind of torn on the subject too. Yes for security, but you are right, these women may be forced into wearing one due to family religion etc. Still would you go to a country that doesnt allow legs/arms on show with a low cut top and mini skirt????

Laura yes you...oh and anyone else who would like to comment.
Im kind of torn on the subject too. Yes for security, but you are right, these women may be forced into wearing one due to family religion etc. Still would you go to a country that doesnt allow legs/arms on show with a low cut top and mini skirt????

I wouldn't go anywhere dressed in so little, I wouldn't inflict the sight on anyone:p. However, seriously - in a Muslim country I would cover up no problem just as I would if I went into a mosque here in France. I can remember having to put on a cardigan in Malta when we went into a church - the Catholic church appreciated that you covered up too.

Back