IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Yoghurt cake has tolerated items in it. You MUST be on attack, so definitely not allowed!

oh and rigger boots
omg no I love rigger boots, jeans tucked into them, bit of stubble, bit of muck, dirty ripped jeans........DROOL

Jo glad you ok petal xxxxx

Vicky stop lowering the tone lol.......

rigger boot/trackie bottomed, hoody and baseball cap combo wearing chavs float ya boat Vicks? ;) x

Righteo Sarah - IF on Cruise, after six weeks' clean Dukan, you may make a yoghurt cake ;) It's one of those can't do without things once you've done it and you don't want tolerated thingies every day?!!

I must admit that your description above fills me with dread... I think I tiptoed past you on Sunday <being careful NOT to make eye contact>!

rigger boot/trackie bottomed, hoody and baseball cap combo wearing chavs float ya boat Vicks? ;) x
rigger boots ok...the rest NOOOOOO!!!!!!
Would love to tell you all what tickle has said about his new neighbours but I would kicked off here - i cant stop laughing!

lmfao Jo (that's exercise right ;))

as for yoghurt cake... I made pancakes and haven't had them again (yet ;)).....so moistcake it is then?......only 1tsp baking powder in that.......figure it's a "better" tolerated? x

Hello - it's Calamity Jane here - in the series of what else can go wrong, here's the latest. (You must think I'm SUCH an attention seeker!).

Last night I picked up my blood test results. While my gynae found my cholesterol levels fine in last year's, my GP found them high, so prescribed a re-test. If he thought last year's were high, this year's are off the scales.

Very very peeved because I'm in a good place right now with the diet, my weight etc etc, and certainly do not intend to change a thing right now. In my favour, he has no idea yet cos I have his copy of my results and I'm not mailing them off until after my holiday.

From then, given that he's very anti this diet, I've a battle on my hands. I shall make an effort on the egg yolk front henceforth, and OH has prepared a batch of SMALL (I'm told) muffins without egg yolks... Red meat also will be cut back. But I've studied the list of foods to avoid, and there's nothing else I eat. Those to favour and increase are mainly non Dukan...

Darn and blast it. Meanwhile I plod on...
<down but definitely not out>

p.135 of the book - a sombre note to all dieting restarters:
"Losing weight is the same as feeding yourself with fat and cholesterol.
... with each weight loss, your body suffers an attack which many of you may not be aware of. Each attempt to lose weight makes you consume your fat reserves... it is almost as if you had eaten that amount of fat or butter.
Throughout this weight loss period, a larg quantity of cholesterol circulates in your blood.
Losing weight might be very useful ... but be careful not to try and lose weight too often, especially if using rather feeble diets that you know in your heart will never ever be stabilized. People who try to lose weight without success once or twice a year are constantly exposing themselves to high levels of cholesterol."

Last edited:
oh dear that is food for thought

Sorry to hear that Jo, that is rubbish news. Am I right in thinking here then that the high cholesterol levels are only temporary. Once into consolidation one might expect those cholesterol levels to decrease if the body's no longer losing weight?

Sorry that you've had such a series of rotten things to deal with, Jo. There's advice in the book for people with cholesterol problems, so it must be possible to still follow it (unless your cholesterol is really high).

Definitely cut out the egg yolks if you can. If I remember rightly, you eat a lot of seafood and white meat in any case, so those should help. Also, the oatbran is a very good thing to take for you.

Jo I've been googling silken tofu this evening and I found this:

"In addition to being great sources of protein, calcium, and B vitamins, tofu has profound cardiovascular benefits. Regular intake of soy protein can decrease total cholesterol by 30%, lower LDL (bad cholesterol) levels by as much as 35-40%, lower triglyceride levels, reduce the tendency of platelets to form blood clots, and possibly even raise levels of HDL (good cholesterol)."

This means you should be looking at lots of tofu yogurt cake in the near future!

mm bet i cant get hold of it for love nor money !!!!

mmm wonder if our french living fairygod mother is going to carefour on her way over to stock up on 0% fat cheese ......

Scrumps - I'm working until 5pm on Good Friday unfortunately (not a holiday here), so it'll be a race for the boat alas. However this Saturday, I'll check the sell by dates to see if it'll survive (it's already on my shopping list!). Will need to fill up with diesel at Carrefour (to avoid UK prices!), but the shop itself is closed by the time we get there even if we had time.

I've discovered a 24H Tesco open through the night Good Friday/Easter Saturday so we'll shop your end once off the boat!

Thanks ladies - I'm not going to worry about it unduly, but can no longer kid myself that this diet somehow hasn't raised my levels (which were previously fine). It's not the case for everyone, I hasten to add.

It's true that most of my food intake is ok, egg yolks aside (and my muffins look TEENY without them!), but he was already nagging me to add fruit and carbs so yes, roll on some form of consolidation... (provided it comes with a free jaw wiring, cos "consolidation" and me aren't good friends!). Fourth time lucky by mid June, I'm hoping.

Last edited:
Is it your combined count thats high? The good and bad?

Ahhh youre in control not binging and losing, that is what matters for a heathy you.

Last year, I could argue that my HDL was high, LDL borderline hence total high.

This year, everything's high... :-( Up 25%.

But, I certainly hadn't just lost 12K last year at this time when I was tested so I'm (clutching at straws and) hoping that the good doctor is right at p.135 and that's why I'm high. Must find same in French, said by someone other than Dukan, if I hope to convince my miserable GP!

Back