IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Hi and well done on the recovery, I'm sure you'll get there shortly! Sorry I've not been around so much this week but looks like you've got things under control. I see you've taken the 'new scales' indicator out of your sig?

Fancy scales: I'm glad I stuck to buying simple ones last year, I'd FOREVER be worrying about the readings! Bad enough fretting about the weight!

Japanese takeaway - I've been toying with that idea too, must convince DH first :)

Glasses: I keep forgetting mine! They're in 'the other bag' but I can really feel the strain at the end of the day :-(

Have a good weekend! Housework OMG I've been putting that off for too long...

My signature was too long, and putting in two "changes of scales" and the "visitors" comment I'll be adding next week to let me off weighing in two Fridays filled it up!

My sister says she can't find Japanese anywhere in her (and Mouse's) area other than in supermarkets. Fortunately they're everywhere here, so the Japanese meal is for her really!

Well Jo I went for this allergy/intolerance testing thing and it was quite interesting some things said to me before I imparted any info. He told me (this was based on chinese medicine) that I was a chinese wood personality and my liver was 'hot' and there fore my blood was hot and sticky and this could lead to problems with kidneys/gallbladder/bladder - all of which I have had, although the gallbladder has now been removed!

Then onto the allergies! Now, I was fully prepared to be told I was allergic to wheat and dairy like everyone else - Iw as slightly cynical but trying to be open minded in case I was told anything that could help. These are the things that I can remember (he is going to send me a report with the full list) and I thought it made quite interesting reading.

He reckoned I am allergic to:

potatoes
rice
turkey
tomatoes
rye
alcohol
yellow colouring (tartrazine?)
oranges
sugar
cheese

and intolerant to

dogs
onions

There were some more but I can't remember - I will share when I get the list. I was interested because I have felt better for not eating potatoes and rice (and other starchy foods) and also fatty food like cheese. Sugar, I have not eaten for a long time, since I was told my body wasn't dealing with sugar very well. Alcohol and I haven't agreed with each other for a long time and I haven't drunk for years. Tomatoes I was slightly surprised at although sometimes I find them quite acidic on my tummy, and the same with orange juice. Turkey I was surprised at, but was jsut glad he didn't mention chicken :D

Onions I am a bit cheesed off about! I will have to have to think about it all when I have the full list, and I will chat to my acupuncturist about it. He also recommended a colonic, which I have been toying with the idea of for some time now!

Been to Cornwall for the weekend to look at the uni - I had forgotten how lovely it is down there. Hope you have a lovely time with Helen - time off?

Gosh that is interesting and, as you say, good to see that he didn't simply take your money and roll out the usual "wheat and dairy" argument!

How interesting also that most of the foods on the list are already ones you have noticed causing you an issue. Strange that turkey is there and not chicken? I eat turkey regularly now that I've found a butcher who'll take luncheon vouchers, and turkey breast from the butcher is so good! Tomatos, hmm... onions, believe it or not but a little voice is telling me that there is an onion food flavouring.

Yes indeed, I have a three day work week. Helen arrives tomorrow evening (flying...), and we'll have Japanese takeaway (sashimi for me). I then work Wed, and OH and sis will do their own thing, and we'll leave for the country after work. Thurs late afternoon, Dad + 3 will arrive, the weather will have changed and we'll all sit out with BBQs every evening (here's hoping, cos the thought of trying to entertain six in my village in the rain is frightening! Also the thought of my not being able to escape (on foot or on bike!!) for some "me time" isn't a nice thought either!!

For my Dad's 80th, we'll be lunching at a chateau... a one off ;)

ugh it's started raining again - just when I thought I'd be able to brave the pavements on foot!

My weekend was entirely Dukan friendly and while I only managed a 15 min bike ride once, I was cleaning the house most of the time so felt far more tired than when walking! OH was unwell from Fri pm to Sat pm - a 24Hr bug I reckon, although I'd originally accused him of eating too many cherries!! I OD'ed a bit on Dukan stuff, and of course Mouse's cake, but got through it unscathed.

68.4K today... gotta get as low as possible for my brain before it starts again... (pfft guests!)

Last edited:
Morning Jo and Kim. OOhh lunch in a chateau - sounds lovely Jo xxx
Wow on the intolerances...must say id be screwed with the dogs onion cheese and alcohol!!!!

p.s. Jo im back on the oatbran xxx

What was the distinction between allergy and intolerance?

My allergies are moderate but noticeable(painful skin blisters) so cant imagine being allergic to food I've eaten regularly in the past. Although I have had some allergies come and go(fish gave me a full body rash for a few years, fine now).

They said to me you should totally avoid things you are allergic to and try and avoid things you are intolerant to - not sure about it all!!

so ANOTHER dull rainy morning (grrr) so no walk to work. I even put off washing my hair, cos fluffy hair is such a bad look! haaa! My sister will be delighted at my noisy hairdryer tomorrow 6am!

Japanese takeaway ordered - soup, salad, maki, sushi and sashimi menu for them; just soup, salad and sashimi for me (and I'll give my rice away). Miss organised here even has a 1/2 piece of "normal" salmon leftover to supplement her woefully empty plate tonight!

I'll be in training for 2 hours this afternoon on a new programme - not my favourite pastime but needs must.

68.1K, and official weigh in will be tomorrow before I disappear for a few days, then I'll stay away from them I reckon for a while ;) and spare myself witnessing the crazy fluctuations while I rid myself AGAIN of superfluous "guest poundage"! The weather for our Thursday early evening BBQ, when everyone arrives in the country, is looking decidely iffy...

Dinner sounds lovely Jo. Love japanese food. Ah enjoy yourself and scales can be sorted out after xxxx

Mmmmhhh Dinner sounds GREAT!
And well done on the losses, you're stomping ahead now. Have a lovely visitor week! And yes do enjoy yourself but no more secret eating PLEASE!

Absolutely Anja. It's the "secret" part which lets me down and makes me so despair. I'd never eat half the quantity in public so I hereby promise to eat only with others (unless it's a crafty sneaky extra piece of chicken, I'd sooner others didn't know about!!!)

How's you Vicky? How are you finding the extra carbs?

Good for you Jo. it is the secret eating thats the worst.

Im ok just shattered (and hungover ;) )

Just popping on to wish you a good break, Jo. Hope you have some sunshine - forecast seems OK for the next week.

Thanks Robin and all

Just popping in cos REALLY busy, and off tonight until Tuesday... 68.3K this morning, so I updated my ticker and I can live with that.
x

have a wonderful time love x

Thank you!!

Am probably too late now, but have a good time!

Or since you'll be reading this on your return... hope you had a lovely time! :D

she off partying eh !!!! mmmmmmm think of all the fun we can have in here till she returns lol...if were brave enough :rolleyes:

Back