IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Jaq - those waiters were young enough to be my children so they didn't register with me!

Vicky - I'm so glad! It's how I saw you, as I believe I mentioned before you went for the fittings! Hot pants?! Crikey! I've never owned a pair of them!

My weekend was good - busy busy as usual (shopping, picking and preparing veg, cooking, etc etc), but I'm quite proud of myself for turning out (alone) to walk the 6.2K to the local car boot sale. The skies were BLACK, and menacing, but I didn't let myself back out of my challenge to myself. 58 mins! Then I rang OH to come to boot sale with me - I had promised myself a pastry from the "Marché Gourmand" but they saved me from myself by selling out before we arrived!

I am enjoying my fruit (Fri pm, Sat and Sun), and choc snack (Sun pm). Oh and I had OH's homemade sausages past two Sundays... not quite Conso, but am having some nice food nonetheless!

Go you on the walk, I must admit grey skies do disturb me and would have made it an excuse not to go out!!
Aww thanks Jo and only pjs hotpants i wouldnt wear them outside LOL.
I hope maybe you can enoy doing conso and not worry about having to lose any more weight? im actually tempted to remove my goal weights off here??? or maybe that would prove too much of a challenge not to go mental!

The posh restauraut sounds interesting...why didn't they just go the extra step & put the starters, mains & deserts on the same plate? think of all the washing up it would save them!!:copon:

Excellent idea Miss F... At least they let us paupers eat in such a place! ;)

Vicky - You're at or around goal each Thursday? And then regain how much by Monday? (I'm curious as to how much other people lose and gain - you're like me I believe in that you regain quite a lot.)

Now that I'm not in ketosis, although far from proper Conso still (OTT some days, clean and a whistle most others!), I'm finding my ups and downs far less dramatic so I guess I'm hanging onto my glycogen stores... which isn't a bad thing given how the huge regains used to freak me out.

The exercise helps lots too

yes on a friday im thereabouts at goal and i gain up to 7lbs over a weekend still. Its alcohol im sure, but again by friday im down again. thats kind of maintaining isnt it???? i was tempted not to weigh in at all i.e. not get on the scales but i just couldnt resist this morning. Thats my next ain - not to weigh twice a day every day but maybe leave it for once a week???

When I stabilised (ish) my weight before, I relied only on Friday's weight... while I might have snuck a peek mid-week, for nothing in the world would I have written it down! Dukan unfortunately gave me the weighing in bug, but I am learning and now never go near on a Monday (because it's always mean then!). I also know ish what to expect on a Tuesday, so it's a pretty futile exercise really.

I will want to lose more weight, as I'm over target, but with my time off just a few days away, it's unrealistic to even pretend I'll be trying then. This will be another end Sept restart, I expect. Perhaps not with ketosis though, although it's so much easier with than without ;)

I've (what are probably the last this year of our) runner beans tonight for tea (YUM!). Carrots too. Once such a thing would have been UNHEARD of on a Monday! But I'm now more realistic about "real life" and I still refuse that veg will make me "fat" as I lost 70K eating loadsa!

i hate the weighing in bug - yes and mondays weigh ins are evil!
Oh lovely runner beans - you can keep your carrots though unless they are smothered in cumin and butter :D

could be arranged ;)

yummy :)
how are you today Jo? Ive lost 3lbs of my 5 gain on the weekend already - see still water. On a better note not doing major low carb (i.e. eating cereals/breads etc) my totm has totally settled down again!

I'm fine thanks! You're eating cereal and bread? That sounds rather "normal" to me! Well done!

Not much to report this end...

Yes am doing under 100g carbs, 1200 ish cals and lowest fat.
for breakfast im having wholemeal toast or oat bran flakes or porridge or weetabix! have a look on MFP on my diary (even weekend naughty food is planned out for this weekend coming). Ive never felt better since starting low carb tbh Jo. Definately low carb was messing with my hormones too. x ok so i still need to log my stuff as you know im a control freak but I tell you I have totally changed mindset for the better, now only time will tell if i can keep it up LOL x

So have you dropped the Atkins fat side of things too, Vicky?

Vicky, are you having oatbran porridge? Well done on the maintaining:D. I think my eating is low-carb but not excessively so - I have lots of pulses, not much bread (have extra Dukan bread instead, still carbs but not so white!) and have a pasta/rice/potato based meal maybe once a month, if that. I feel much better for it, even though I'm not losing any more (and am hopefully managing to control the gains).

Jo, Ditto on the veg - I always ate lots of it and still do (less carrots maybe) but I think it was possibly the chocolate, cheese and carby meals that did it for me!

Are you off on holiday at the end of the week, Jo? Very sensible to wait until the school holidays are over - wish I could!

So have you dropped the Atkins fat side of things too, Vicky?
i have Jo. staying low fat as much as i can apart from my weekend treats.

Im having normal porridge Laura - aldi stuff. But thanks for reminding me of oatbran one! i have a packet left too.

Great you are maintaining too. Although I havent had pasta for about a year! I know how bad it is!

Hope you are well today Jo. Im back to posted this morning so weekend gain gone! maybe next week i shouldnt weigh in? have become a little obsessed with fitness pal though and even started logging my naighty weekend meals LOL x

How are your cals on 'bad' weekends Vicky? And are you exercising much?

Laura having pulses but not other starches sounds good to me, although I always think it will be easy to keep away from bread, pasta, rice, but then run into pizza and cake....sigh.

A bit of a me update, weight is going downwards after a stall followed by upward spike (grrrr), had a good weekend in london with a friend (saw a very ripped Jude law half naked and soaking wet, oh my, still not down to earth week and half later. Living with gay women, working with straight men means I dont get to talk about it :( ), mostly settled in to my new home, joined a choir, just need to sort some exercise out. Getting my hair cut off this weekend, excited.

cals are around 2000 and thats with alcohol - i try and be pretty good but that can easily spiral but if im losing it again by wi im happy. and exercising the dogs only when weather is fair.

OOh how short are you going Jaq? and wow Jude law nom nom nom x

So over the week your intakes pretty okay, its good youre finding what works for you.

I'm going to get about a foot cut off, but that will only take it to the mid of my back, its way way too long right now.

I'm going to get about a foot cut off, but that will only take it to the mid of my back, its way way too long right now.

:eek: Starting at the end of a diary and reading back isn't always the best tactic. I thought amputation was on the horizon and was aghast at how calm you sounded.

pmsh thats funny!
yes Jaq im mangaing to be good and pretty healthy during the week!

Back