IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

barring any bizarro slips I should have a limbs intact afterwards.

(Though imagine what the weightloss would be for the week if my actual foot was removed...)

LOL Dubs!! My diary starts out quite seriously, I think...!

I'm delighted to read how you're getting on Jacq... And as for Jude Law, wow!!!! (Flat sharing with gay girls, hmm... I'm thinking you don't wander around in states of undress...!!).

Vicky - it's very interesting to read how you're stabilising. I'm lower calorie than you in the week, most likely, as I pretty much Dukan most of the week with the odd thing to ensure I don't go into ketosis. My weekends however are far higher. I can't remember the last time I logged into MFP. Actually, I can, and I couldn't figure out my password!

Robin - yes I'm off to the house Friday evening for 10 days (cos village vide grenier is Sun 18th so I can't see us packing up early to return to the city for work the next day!). As you say, t'will be nicer still without the kids! Hope to get to Reims this time - just for a day, but have never been.

Had lunch out with my friend and made (slightly) better choices than a fortnight ago.

Ha ha can we ask what you had for lunch???

oh lovely some proper time off - and Reims - ive stayed there or very close when we used to holiday in france when i was a kid!

I returned to the Paradis du Fruit restaurant... and chose the salad plate where you choose four small additions (I chose turkey+cheese half pita; salmon kebab; chicken kebab; and (ouch - look away dukaners) taramasalata (love it!). Then coleslaw rather than chips, no sauce and no dressing on the salad.

Then, as per usual when I eat anything fattier than usual, I almost had to run back to the office :D :D (crying EUREKA!). ;) TMI?

No not TMI!!
wish i could do that TBH!
so you enjoyed lunch then LOL.
Do you still have toilet issues when not doing proper dukan?

Usually not - particularly not at weekends when I've recently been eating lots of plums, runner beans, French beans. But often by midweek, after a PP and a PV, it's been known. This week was worse than usual though!

Weight this morning SAME as yesterday which makes me happy... I'm finding that, while the downside of this system is not having the ketosis to help resist weekend temptations and lose, it's easier not to regain masses after a few carbs. So this would be a good maintenance programme for me.

I still walk miles mind. Between 4.5 and 6.5km fast walk to work most mornings :)

Last edited:
your legs must be pure muscle!!!!
yes and a good maintenance programme. Its good after trial and error we find something we can do!

your legs must be pure muscle!!!!

blooming wobbly muscle then :cry: ... and pure jelly when it comes to cycling uphill. They are just walking legs and useful for little else!

Do you ever feel stuck in a rut with walking? I walk every day but as soon as I do any varied exercise, it makes me realise all that walking uses such a limited amount of muscles!

aww Jo im sure they arent! or like mine when i stopmoving they keep wobbling LOL. nothing will get rid of it though apart from extreme weight bearing exercise!

Do you ever feel stuck in a rut with walking? I walk every day but as soon as I do any varied exercise, it makes me realise all that walking uses such a limited amount of muscles!
Not really, cos it gets me from A to B. Just "walking" for the hell of it probably would bore me yes. I vary my walks each day, and pass by the likes of things tourists pay a fortune to see, and it's actually reminded me why I first fell in love with this city and moved here! (Whereas the journey home on the metro each night reminds me why I'd sooner live in the country, far from PEOPLE!!)

Varied exercise? What's that? ;) :D You're talking to she who hates exercise in all forms so FINALLY having found one she can bear, provided the Ipod is well charged, I'm not knocking it!

Vicky... I've a lot of skin movement... very strange too. Running makes me think my skin is a good few sizes bigger than the rest of me which is sloshing around inside it ;)

I don't mean stuck in a rut bored, but stuck in a rut like... like it's not exercise anymore, just being in motion? I guess if I did as much as you though it would definitely feel like exercise!

Oh and varied exercise was 6+ hours clearing out my garden shed, which was pretty aerobic :D
Turns out I have these muscles in the back of my thigh which lie dormant 99% of the time :eek:

Yes I guess it's just trying to keep in motion. Weekdays, I have a destination in mind, but weekends when I now force myself out into the tractor paths in the fields or the country roads (without pavements!), it's harder. But I feel so much better for doing it, mentally, that it's worth it. I'm far less likely to overeat after a walk, for instance.

Soooo off to the house tonight, returning Mon 19th evening. As I just typed on BE's thread, my holiday fills me with dread (from a weight/food perspective) but I can't work year round just to avoid these situations (well... I could I s'pose!).

Plans are in place. Including recuperation plans should all go awry. All I can hope for really, and to keep the walking going... the weather is looking good so I shall force myself out on the bike too (I'm a pathetic sight on a bike!) - even for just 20 mins (which hurts quite sufficiently!).

And I guess I'll be avoiding the scales for a while on my return - as most NORMAL people do after all :)
x

Yes I guess it's just trying to keep in motion. Weekdays, I have a destination in mind, but weekends when I now force myself out into the tractor paths in the fields or the country roads (without pavements!), it's harder. But I feel so much better for doing it, mentally, that it's worth it. I'm far less likely to overeat after a walk, for instance.

Soooo off to the house tonight, returning Mon 19th evening. As I just typed on BE's thread, my holiday fills me with dread (from a weight/food perspective) but I can't work year round just to avoid these situations (well... I could I s'pose!).

Plans are in place. Including recuperation plans should all go awry. All I can hope for really, and to keep the walking going... the weather is looking good so I shall force myself out on the bike too (I'm a pathetic sight on a bike!) - even for just 20 mins (which hurts quite sufficiently!).

And I guess I'll be avoiding the scales for a while on my return - as most NORMAL people do after all :)
x

lol no name and shame lady !!!!!!!!!!!!!! get on them scales you told me lmao

have a lovely break Jo. Enjoy yourself and although dont go on self destruct, have some nice food. (i know you are exactly like me though lol and once you start...) this is a holday!!! xxxx

and... no fighting with the newbies in my absence hein? ;)

im not even going to play with them will keep myself to myself , as some of them make me want to turn to the biscuit barrel !!!!

Back