IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

if only "real life" were as simple as "ketosis life"... (this ought to be figure in my signature somewhere!!)

I had to unusually work a little late last night, so I was hungry on the way home, tea was late, and I did have a little voice starting to wonder why I wasn't just going for the biscuit tin... still I made it.

Tonight OH has an ophthalmologist appointment I'm chaperoning him to so I'll be sure to have a little snack on me as we'll not be home until 7.30pm. Tomorrow night, hair appointment, so not home until 9pm, so good for me really to have had a little "reminder" last night so as not to get too complacent!

Here's hoping I can walk to work... weather is decidedly drizzly at the moment...

Morning Jo - drizzle here too! I have walked to work though :) well down to my office - don't have a lot of choice :)

I have a jug of jelly in the fridge and I am trying to leave it until this afternoon - ooh the temptation. At least I made it last night so it will be properly set so the cats don't have to suffer the indignity of seeing me drink the runnier bits straight from the jug :) We nearly went to that fruit place when we were in Paris but ended up somewhere else instead.

drizzly and windy here too jo.... seems like a regular occurance at this house LOL. was pouring with rain during the night so at least its eased off while i do the outside chores... says me sitting at table in front of rayburn drinking black coffee :D

Dry for my walk today :)

Coping with non-normal routine is hard for me with food, I find it hard not to eat the extra I have with me earlier.

I struggle with that too Jaqys and often find myself having eaten my lunch by about 10.30 when I am in the office, as I have an early start. It is then hard to resist all the crap that always seems to be lying around although I have got to the point where I feel a little bit superior when turning stuff down. I just keep thinking of that Kate Moss quote 'Nothing tastes as good as being thin' although in my case it's thinner than I was - I'm never going to be Kate Moss :) I do find though that being around target is hard work keeping it off and I do often feel as though I am going without - but it's worth it! I have just accepted that I am one of those people that can put on very easily!

"Non-normal routine" is my worst nightmare where food is concerned! I need my routine!

I am amused at your eating your lunch before 10.30am though Mouse! haaaa! (I nearly always have lunch out on a Tuesday, BUT still bring my lunch in as usual in case I'm let down!! That way, NOTHING is left to chance!).

Next time, Mouse...

I hate being out of my routine and I try very hard to avoid it or be v organised. My worst 'fear' for messing up is long road trips with the horses - we always have to stop on the way and everyone fills up on choc, crisps, sandwiches etc etc!!! I always make sure I have plenty of meat pieces and some muffins with a couple extra in case of delays or emergencies and plenty to drink!!! Oh and sugar free gum!!! That has kept me on the straight road!!! Nots always that easy I know!!!

You're absolutely right, Trudy. I always feel like a real porker, when I prepare my BIG bag of food to travel to the UK (11 hours ish), compared to OH's little one... but he can stock up on the ferry, in motorway cafes etc!

Another gloomy drizzly day... ah welll. Hair already fluffy from yesterday's downpour as I crossed Trocadero(!) so a ponytail it will be :D

100g up after steak + mushrooms last night... booooo!

Wow - your halo must have been positively gleaming after that restaurant lunch! very impressed :) it sounds like you are going great guns, very pleased and I hope to be polishing my halo with you from next week (feel free to hunt me down if you don't see me..posting ) ;)

You are so right about the food on trips and I hadn't really thought of it like that, it is so easy for non dieting folk to pick up oodles of snacks whereas it can be near impossible for us if we don't prepare..
Travel always equals food and treats for me but I got into the habit of carrying chicken, dukan muffins
etc.

Hope weather improves for you there:)

Morning all - after a perfect week, 400g lost! I mustn't complain - I love this diet, enjoy the food, don't feel hungry etc etc so if it is going to be a long, slow painful route back to 70 and below, so be it. My fault entirely!

I don't see water on the forecast at all... neither for today NOR for the weekend in the country! YAY! I spent a very boring 2.5 hours at the hairdresser's last night so it'd better not rain on me this morning!

Whole salmon on offer at Auchan this weekend (Robin!). €5 a kilo (2 or 4K beasts). I don't do bones so usually buy fillets, but OH will prepare me a nice piece I'm sure ;)

Thanks Jo, but Auchan is too far away to be cost effective.:(

Do we get to see a photo of the new you? I have much respect for you and others who manage to sit for 2 1/2 hours in the hairdressers. I can manage about 15 minutes (and that's with a coffee!)

Well done on the loss - 400gr is good in my books.:)

We have your rain today - then it's due to get colder (just when we will no longer have the wood range - chimney will be the last thing dismantled on Sunday evening then we'll have to rely on electric heaters - horrible dry air coming our way - mind you as we only have 15m2 to heat, we should be OK with just short bursts of it.)

It is a shame cos of course there are some genuine posters over there, and you're probably right about the iphone thing (although most do say they've been reading us for ages before joining, so WHY NOT KNOW RE USER CP THEN??? we say it often enough!).

You guys mention the low carb megastore. What bugs you about that? (I've never ordered anything, and personally can't see the point in feeding my overly sweet tooth any further, but do you think they're OK for Dukan or not?)

I was very creative with my rhubarb (not). I simply placed it frozen in a dish in the oven (single layer), following the instructions on the frozen packet! I put a bit of splenda under it... it was SOUR to the taste but it grew on me. After all, rather than buying sweet junk at the Low Carb store, I wanna cure my sweet tooth rather... I enjoyed it!

Late post :) only just caught up, but yeah that's why I dislike lowcarbmegastore...I think it goes against the re-educating of the palate that dukan is supposed to be about....

replacing old carb stuff with synthetics and additives isn't a healthier way of eating in my book, so I've tried to avoid looking on that site....I'm pleased at the moment that BNS feels like a naughty treat, so much the better that veg has the effect that sweet things normally would! xx

I did get rather bored. Fortunately my hairdresser has a very interesting life, and two friends popped in, she took three phone calls, I had my Kindle (to pretend I wasn't listening to all!)... my muffins to savour... two decaffs... and a lovely head massage at the end!

Weights looking good Maintainer - no new pics of the hair do??? I agree about Low Carb store - I bought loads of stuff that I thought would be fine but when it all arrived most of it was banned!!! My diabetic step dad did good out of that order! Feeling much more positive about the diet again but worry that I don't feel any lighter this week and I fear another STS or gain will rock me a little bit but we will see........ - if it does then it's bye bye to muffins to get rid of those tolerants!

To be honest, it didn't occur to me to take a photo and now it's all fluffy thanks to the weather! The colour will take a few goes to get it "right" though as I was getting errr rather overly blonde (and not just the hair at times!). Here's hoping that the copper tones will improve my memory too :D

My weekend: On the positive side, I did not stray from the fold. I cooked a lot of Dukan stuff, went for my walk (in negative temperatures plus wind chill), and slept well... On the negative side, I have gained 500g (pfffft!). The brain is ok with it though cos I'm not hungry/not craving/not nutting!

Will hang in there, and just accept that it's going to be a long road ...

Not really cos I have such limited wardrobe options at the moment :-(

I do feel much leaner (from when I returned from the UK positively WADDLING)... but most of my wardrobe is too small :-(

oooh yes - I'm a ramekin a day at the weekend bumbarb girl ;) Love it! I also baked some goji muffins, cut them in half and stuck them back together with sweetened vanilla xlite philly (had a pot which needed using!) and froze most of them! Good way of having a nice snack on a Sunday easily available... they're delicious!

x

Jo, do you know if there's a French equivalent (St Moret?) to the XLite Philly?

I'm not an icing person, but could easily eat some of those muffins...

Snowing with you today? Winter is on its way:(. Stay warm!

Back