IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Wow - KEEP WARM and have a lovely weekend. Puts our -4 into perspective.... But it gloriously sunne and yes, completely dry underfoot, hooray

Surely your loss to date should spur you on and keep you on the straight and narrow? I've STS - which is what I should expect. Phew :)

oh I'm mega motivated, Anja... and am not tempted etc etc so no worries. I'm just very conscious that it's not "real life" but it might well have to be "my life"!

I'm looking forward to the weekend - these beautiful days are so mood enhancing :D

soooo minus 13°C on Saturday morning, minus 16°C on Sunday (and the car wouldn't start!)... I had the laziest weekend ever (which will no doubt be reflected on the scales) as there was no way I was going out walking. No snow mind and bright blue skies - a great advantage of arctic temperatures!

BUT I had a horrid night Friday. 7°C in the bedroom and, despite the electric blanket, and a really good duvet, we were both miserable, tossing and turning most of the night (fully dressed of course!). Soooo we slept on the sofa bed Sat night, in front of the log burner, and the rule was "whoever wakes up, put another log on"! It was great! Bye bye cold upstairs. I'm sleeping in front of the fire henceforth!

Now back in the city and snow - not a lot but enough to slip on so futile attempting a walk!

Weekend Dukan clean but hardly moved my butt from in front of the fire so won't weigh myself for a while
x

Well done for resisting comfort food in the cold.

Sleeping in front the fire sounds cosy.

The snow was followed by rain sat night here so it didn't stick at all, was slightly jealous of the pictures, but glad I didn't have to slide down to the bus stop.

Shame about the cold night - our heating is on the blink again (none yesterday but luckily worked this morning - but no hot water still!)
It's only just below zero, so it was 10 in our bedroom, but with 1 hot water bottle and big duvet we slept really well. Should it get any colder up there I am decamping to the living room too, that should be at least 14-16 even with the heating off for a day!

Engineer coming tomorrow, so I'm at work today. PP day and I forgot I still have some cheesecake (no tolerateds) in the fridge - grumble... something to look forward to when we get home wet and frozen...

oooh I hope the guy can sort your heating soonest, Anja. Being cold has to be the worst feeling...
Minus 7°C only this morning but no walk as snow outside grrr... not a lot but enough to make me slip and break a leg or two :(
I've lunch out today (usual place) with someone I've not seen for a few years. Unfortunately I'll be about a stone heavier I guess than when she last saw me...

hope you enjoy your lunch :D We have resorted to 2 heavyweight duvets on our bed and moved into the spare room as its half the size of our main bedroom so is slightly warmer but not much LOL. im tempted to light a fire in there to see if the chimney still works ...for now i will have to make do with my personal hot water bottle hehe

Well done Maintainer, just seen your weight update, the pounds are flying off!!! You are gonna be at TW again in no time!!! Hope the snow clears and you can get back out on your walks. The cosy log fire sounds lush - defo the right plan. It's just cold and damp here, no slippy ice this morning, thank goodness after Sunday when our yard was literally an ice rink!!! Putting the salt down was a tricky business - nearly saw my ass several times!!! LOL!

We're firmly in minus temps too, Jo. It's also still very windy, wish that would go as cold temps are fine with bright sunshine as long as there is no wind (husband is ski-ing just now - no wind in the Alps and just a smidge lower temperatures than we have - he's having a well-earned break and enjoying it).

Just about keeping my (greedy) head above water here - will need a strict PP day tomorrow though:eek:.

Sorry for hijack, never know where to write now.

Hi Laura, good to see you around - I too am feeling greedy - trying to convince myself it's the cold. I love the idea of being able to ski but I don't like being cold and wet so suspect I would hate it as I would be absolutely rubbish and constantly falling over. Is your hubby French?

Robin - keep posting here! No worries at all! Yeah this cold is getting rather boring now ;) We've had no snow to talk of, just the odd sprinkling making walking awkward as it's slippery... Minus 7°C now so I'll try to walk to work, but if I slip and slide, I'll jump on the first bus I see if I'm nowhere near a metro...

My lunch yesterday went well NOT. I stood outside for five mins in arctic temperatures (wind too), finally rang her in irritation (she doesn't work so NO excuse for being late when meeting someone who DOES, in my book!), and she was still on the metro with a change still to do... I growled, but waited a further five mins before she rang me to say metro was now at a standstill with technical problem. I muttered something (pleasant, I'm sure ;)) and raced back to my warm office to eat my Dukan food from tupperwares (never hurts to be prepared!!). Very angry woz I... but I've had a grovelling email since so I guess she'll be forgiven ;)

:)

Hope youre managing to stay upright.

Fortunate you had the food in the office, I'd never be that organised - other than my emergency tuna tin, and I'd be sulking if I had to eat that.

To the country this weekend?

I've been the one in the past who's had to cancel friends at the last moment cos of work, so I always bring food in and it'll do for the next day anyway!

To the country yes I go... where the temperature I see is a staggering minus 18°C this morning with the wind... so I guess I'll have trouble walking again. At least in the city, I can choose a route with narrow roads and buildings to walk between! Still, I believe these are the last few days of arctic temperatures here.

400g on overnight, giving me a 200g gain for the week boo hoo! Ah shucks. This is what they call "the slog". The honeymoon is over, no more easy pounds to go, lots of effort, little result... doesn't bother me unduly mind and I'm still single minded about staying on Dukan...

Sooo a happy weekend to all... I'm looking forward to sleeping in front of the fire again this weekend. It gives a lovely orange glow... and the cats are so happy that we keep feeding it all night :)

Morning Jo!

It's reading stuff like that, makes me wish I was a cat! :)

It's chilly here, had a little sprinkle of snow last night, nothing serious, just enough to make it slippery.

Hope you have a good day and a lovely weekend :) x

T'was not my best weekend ever - on arrival Friday night at the house, we realised that our hot water pipe leading to the kitchen was frozen (for some unknown reason, it runs from the boiler, to the bathroom (where it was fine), upstairs round the hall into an unconverted (unheated!) room, and back down to the kitchen). It stayed frozen all weekend. I boiled kettles constantly throughout the weekend to wash up and my hands have suffered :-(

Minus 12°C Sat am, minus 15°C yesterday, and when we left last night I forgot to cut the water off at the mains as usual in winter... so our neighbour is going to sort that out for us today.

So I only have to worry about that hot water pipe bursting during the week :-(

Yeah we should have lagged it, but it was like that when we bought the house and has never frozen before!

Despite sleeping in front of the fire both nights, Friday night was COLD COLD COLD! We dressed up well for bed, and got up every hour to feed the fire ... oh we nearly ran out of logs too, so fearing we'd not be able to wait our delivery next Saturday, we asked a neighbour who helped us out with a couple of steres...

Town folk in the country, huh?!!

Oh dear what a weekend - I hope you managed to stay strong on Dukan friendly food whilst freezing your socks off and dealing with no water??? Dr Dukan would be proud you following the diet to the letter - I mean keeping cold is highly recommended !!

Horrible for you, Jo - any way your neighbour could get a portable heater into that unused room? Things would defrost nicely and slowly enough not to cause problems hopefully.

We've been on round-the-clock measures re heating and things not being frozen - including new concrete floor - and have been very lucky so far. But we've had frozen pipes (not badly) outside in past years - just enough to prevent the washing machine from working!

Take heart, things are due to 'warm' up this week - positive temperatures are on their way!

Stay warm!

Brrrr - u lot make me v glad I live in Norfolk, UK - keeping to a very manageable 4-8degrees - still even so, still not motivated to go out for a brisk walk - preferring the warmth of a gym ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back