IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Enjoy your holidays, ignore the unpleasant comments - just highlights their own insecurities and shows them as the pathetic people they both are. Rise above them. x

well the sun is certainly shining for you Jo. Everything crossed it carries on for the rest of your English stay x

Hope your having a fantastic holiday xxx

Sun disappeared here and a bit chilly, hope its warmer where you are

Hello all - everyone was saying that I'd brought the sun over to the UK with me but it was more a question of the UK weather changing as soon as I arrived (and peculiarly enough the French heatwave ended abruptly as soon as we returned to France, and we arrived to rain and oh so familiar grey skies as you might have seen if you watched the final of Roland Garros).

My holiday was fun. Going ooopp North was great. Those beaches are tremendous and we walked for miles in New Brighton and then Liverpool.

Back and bursting out of my clothes (but bought some new larger ones to help out). I'm sticking to my "no Dukan" resolution and have merrily switched back from my preferred high carb / high fat diet to a salad and fruit one. I'm aiming for a no treats policy until my friend arrives Friday week for a long weekend (and, given that she's an ex-model, I'll not be able to blame her on any food excesses!).

I am (again) determined to fit into my wardrobe again. ALL of it (ok most - perhaps a trim size 12 trousers will be beyond me). 70K target. No Dukan. No deprivation (cos leads to bingeing when not in ketosis I'm convinced), but have a "no go" list which includes all bread/cake etc, choc and desserts. I shall treat myself on fruit.

My hubby will be returning to the UK end July to redecorate my Nan's flat so that we can sell it (to pay for her care home). Infuriating but there you go. Spend spend while you can cos you can't take it with you and it will be taken! My father seems to have aged quickly so those were the two downers of the holiday.

My newly slim (via Slimming World) sister was brilliant and supportive and gave me lots of her too large clothes (but I must admit to feeling a little relief at her having regained a little and finding it tough to get back in the saddle. How horrible am I?!)!

Don't think that's horrible at all, think its human nature. I saw my sister last night and I felt quite proud that I had lost all this weight and for once am actually less than my sister. She lost loads on WW a couple of years ago and have gained back quite a bit. I feel sorry for her, but I also feel proud to be the lowest of us all LOL x

I've had those feelings too. I think it's human nature. It can make us feel a bit better than we are not the only one that hasn't quite got the hang of this weight maintenance thang!!

V glad you had a good break. Keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on :)

Hello diary - an admission coming up for I have sinned. For some unknown reason, something clicked last night and I decided to eat half a packet of biscuits! The upside is that I couldn't finish the other half, felt pretty icky afterwards, and went to bed wondering what that had been about and so got some stuff sorted in my head. I guess the "reason" was the being alone evenings coming to an end, as OH returns with me Sunday from the country where he has been tending our veg plot, and I knew they were there and I'd not be able to get at them again without being seen! duh!

Anyway meals all planned for the weekend and, although I doubt I'll have time for any walking, the entire house needs a good "muck out" after weeks of doing the bare minimum while there weekends only and now not having been there for three weeks! UGH! But has to be done as my friend will be with us next weekend. I'm really looking forward to her coming (two nights in the country, followed by two nights in the city). As an ex dancer and model, she knows to simply listen to her body and, while I looked at her aghast at the "eat all you can Indian buffet lunch" place when she tapped her flat tum and declared herself "full" after just one plate full, I shall watch and learn over next weekend!

Work is ever manic, although I'm feeling far more in control after two months in the promotion job. Unfortunately the person backing me up isn't great and I find myself double checking everything I pass to her and usually have to correct/re-file and/or simply redo her work. I'm not a snitch and I promised myself I'd give her enough rope to hang herself, so I remain neutral and shall let others discover what I already know (that she's useless!).

We're due a nice day today and tomorrow then HEAT on Sunday... how fabulous!
Enjoy your weekends all...
(oh and I avoided the planned weigh in because of last night's excesses...)

Sounds like a plan Jo. Why weigh when you know you've slipped a little xxx I'm the same need a good mucking out, will do mine Sunday vigorously and call it exercise lol. We can learn a lot from naturally skinny friends, enjoy the prep for her visit and have a great weekend xxx

Well half a pack is a success as far as I am concerned cos for me it would have led to alot more sinning!!! Hope you have a productive weekend and get everything done ready for your friends visit..... I have a feeling WI next Friday will be better than you expect....... Keep going and keep posting - it's always great to read your posts!! x

Karin's right, it's just human nature. The Germans have a word for it - 'schadenfreude', pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. We're all guilty, but so glad you found your sister to be understanding. That must have felt wunderbar! Hope mine is as understanding when our day comes. Also, if you normally ate the entire pack and you've now just eaten half, that is a move in the right direction! I'm with you, a diet of forbidden foods eventually leads to a binge so really, the focus needs to be not on diets but on gaining control of your eating, as that's the right slippery beast :)

Thanks ladies... unfortunately I continued down the slippery slope at the weekend. Perhaps not as badly as I can do, but certainly far from what I had planned. Delving into my psyche as to why last night in the car returning to the city, I suppose it's the knowing that I don't have a "clean run" at it, so to speak, with a visitor for five days. I'll concentrate on damage limitation this week to at least get some off before she arrives. Not ideal, I grant you, but all I can hope for at the moment. "Clean run" starts next Tuesday...

Reading Trudy's diary, I realise that I too have an issue as to how to define my trigger foods. Sugar figures higher in my binge eating than white flour and/or fat, so I guess that would be a good starting point. Plus, no diet I've ever heard of advocates eating it, while many admit fat and/or white flour carbs, so I think I'll start with white sugar.

29°C here today after a hot weekend... I think it's all going to go BANG soon. Very muggy! Not a weather I enjoy now that I find I'm overheating now I'm overweight again!
x

Me thinks things could be worse!!!! Enjoy your time with your friend and be kind to yourself!!!! xxx

Talk about going with a bang... we had an amazing storm here yesterday for several hours in the morning. Almost black outside. I fortunately arrived at work an hour early as usual before it all started!
No worries on the food front yesterday.

Up early as usual, showered and jumped straight into a light summer outfit, given the current 30°C weather... now, in the front room, it's black outside and threatening rumbles can be heard! Boo! I had to tiptoe back in the bedroom, without letting the youngest cat in there (as she has an unfortunate tendency to widdle on the bed - if anyone has any suggestions...), and do a total change. Now in trousers, I am reminded of how much weight I have gained. It's amazing how skirts and dresses can lull you into a false sense of security! I thought I was doing pretty well! Alas...

We're due to lose 10°C by tomorrow and so my weekend with my friend can't be as planned (BBQ, walks around the village, Sunday lunch outside at a beautiful place by a lake - can still do that, but indoors!!). Isn't it a shame that we can't even count on reasonable weather this late in the season. Nearly "summer" and I expect we'll have to light a fire on our arrival at the house on Friday.

Not sure I mentioned but the seeds hubby planted in the rain (when it was still only 3-5°C in the mornings) have grown for the most part, sweet corn excepted but we've never grown that before. We're hoping to have an array of veg by early August, weather permitting. Far later than usual.

ooof it's raining now... that puts pay to my walking to work (why does that make me feel relieved?!!)

Ha, Maintainer, 'widdle' is a word I've not heard in ages and reminds me of my dear old mum, bless her. You've made me smile :D

Enjoy your day.

P x

Hey Jo and all

We have had very hot temps that tend to come before a storm since yesterday so suppose the storm isn't far off. Weather forecast is good for the weekend though (but cooler, as you say) so we seem to be faring better than you 'up north'.

Food-wise, not much change for me, generally not too bad sometimes terrible:D. Definitely experiencing tighter summer clothes here too, oh well, after the dreadful Spring and less walking for me, I'm not surprised.

For your kitten, you can buy spray bottles of repellent (basically it has lavendar in as active ingredient). Chamallow used to pee randomly (on the table football or in the log box) but he stopped when we put the litter tray outside and sprayed the aforementioned places with the stuff. (Sadly, we no longer have him - another car victim). You could try cleaning floors with water, vinegar, lavendar essential oil mix and a few drops of the oil instead of fabric softner for your bedlinen, a small dish with oil in too in the room somewhere if that's possible. They don't like citrus either (but don't use orange - possibly lemon too, never used it - essential oil in your washing because it stains!) Obviously, if you hate lavendar/orange this could be hard. They also hate pepper and spices, but am thinking that curry powder on your bedsheets may be less acceptable!

Good luck!

Hi Joanne, hows it going. Reading what you put about eating in advance of not being able to............that's kind of what I've been like in the past. I admitted some years ago I was a secret eater, to some degree I still am. What I eat and isn't seen isn't really naughty.......of course it is, but if no one sees it we don't have to answer to anyone else and therefore feel guilty or embarrassed.

Hope you're doing ok x

Back