IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Enjoy your weekend too Jo xxx

Wowser, 3.5kg sounds great to me and will be off in no time and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself....... Have a great weekend and I echo what others say - we miss you on here when you are gone so keep posting!!! LOL x

I hope the weather lived up to its forecast over there - today has been thoroughly sodden in London. Forecast for tomorrow has been modified down from 21 degrees to 18, but if it could just stop raining it would help! You know what? I have CHILLBLAINS! Really sore, not to say unsightly. Never had them before but it just sums up the last few months as far as I'm concerned.

Glad 'clean and lean', as Pauline calls it, is doing it for you. Stay virtuous and enjoy your weekend xx

Yesterday in Burgundy was like "summer"! (I hope that wasn't the whole of it though!). We sat out in a neighbour's garden having a pre-lunch glass of champagne (as you do... ahem!), and I was positively HOT! (and also slightly disappointed that no nibbles were offered, what am I like?!). We returned last night to the city at 9pm to 26°C. Amazing! It's cooler today though alas but, for once, the nice weather came on a Sunday when I wasn't at work!
My first weekend back at the scene of the crimes went well. We had a punnet each of French strawberries Saturday evening which felt like a real treat. OH visited "the cupboard" several times but I remained stoic (although did have a biscuit at a neighbour's on Saturday doh!).
I'm happy to be back "in control" but realise I am eating for the sake of it often, rather than listening to my body's hunger messages. Something to work on.
The new job is going ok but although I'm sleeping well for a few hours, I lie awake running things over in my mind, and get up several times in the night to note things "to do" when I get there! aaah!
x

That's the key to listen to our bodies.....but that's what got us hear in the first place xxx Im well jell, your weekend sounds fabulous xxx

Yesterday in Burgundy was like "summer"! (I hope that wasn't the whole of it though!). We sat out in a neighbour's garden having a pre-lunch glass of champagne (as you do... ahem!), and I was positively HOT! (and also slightly disappointed that no nibbles were offered, what am I like?!). We returned last night to the city at 9pm to 26°C. Amazing! It's cooler today though alas but, for once, the nice weather came on a Sunday when I wasn't at work!
My first weekend back at the scene of the crimes went well. We had a punnet each of French strawberries Saturday evening which felt like a real treat. OH visited "the cupboard" several times but I remained stoic (although did have a biscuit at a neighbour's on Saturday doh!).
I'm happy to be back "in control" but realise I am eating for the sake of it often, rather than listening to my body's hunger messages. Something to work on.
The new job is going ok but although I'm sleeping well for a few hours, I lie awake running things over in my mind, and get up several times in the night to note things "to do" when I get there! aaah!
x

Champagne before lunch! I'd not just have been looking for the nibbles but wanting to carry on drinking for the rest of the day too! I hear what you're saying about eating for the sake of it, however I suspect eating regularly is the better way forward - if you wait till you're hungry you are in danger of losing control. I'm glad the,weather was fab for you and the strawberries sound divine. Why are you waking up at night about the job? You need to look for ways to reduce your stress around it, or is it simply that it's so new? I confessmI don't know what you do. Xx

Over here, champagne is often drunk as an aperitive before lunch (although I've never had it that way without nibbles!), and my country place is close to the Champagne region so we're spoiled for choice with the Burgundy crémant everywhere too, costing a mere third of the price of champagne yet is produced in much the same way about 10 mins down the road from the official Champagne region so can't be called champagne!
I'm a bilingual legal PA, Sara, in an international law firm but have recently changed practice group and partner and things are very different and there's no one really to train me. It always takes a while before telepathy kicks in so, for now, I am fumbling around trying to figure things out. He travels extensively yet things are worse when he's away and the mindreading necessity becomes a requisite! He's back from a trip today and I will pin him down and get a few pointers to make my life easier! (My previous role was a doddle so I've had an easy time of it for so long that all this is a bit of a shock to the old brain which of course doesn't seem to be working as quickly these days!)
Lovely to be wearing summerish clothes (even if I don't have many of them which fit me!). I have some pledged birthday money to spend so must get some mid season office wear to fit!

What a strange day I had at work yesterday. At my desk an hour before I'm paid (as is often the case these days but at least means I can leave on time, conscience clear!), I prepared a list of things to go over with him once he appeared. At about 10.30am, BOOM! Power cut. And, basically, that was it. At 2.30pm, we were all sent home as we had been told that the (oh so kind) men working on the road outside had cut something and that power wouldn't be restored until early evening!
So earlier still I shall head to the office today to deal with my doubtlessly overflowing email inbox! aaah!
My first thought on finding myself out and about mid-afternoon unexpectedly was "what shall I eat on the way home?", but I reached home safely :)

All well this end. I seem to have automatically settled into a pattern on my new eating plan. I'm keeping fruit as a treat at the weekend, rather than having it all week and then find myself looking for something else then. I'm doing PVs each day, but did manage a PP yesterday! Tough when not in ketosis and not really doing it for any reason but proving one still can! And forgetting to defrost half my tea didn't help me any! Still, I survived on what would have been a meagre quantity of food for a PP meal for me but it was of course ample and sufficed nicely.

Birthday celebrations at the end of the week I fear might give me a wobble. I'm quite happy avoiding any social occasion that might cause me angst while I'm on a roller and doing well, but invitations have been issued and accepted and now I must deal with a bit of "real life" as opposed to my usual "avoidance" strategy. Perhaps adding in an hour power walk home before Friday's sushi dinner. An hour extra walk to the friend's place at the weekend who's invited us for brunch.

Work is ok. I feel very dynamic and on the ball and totally on top of things while there, but still wake up worrying about potentially forgotten details in the middle of the night! aaah! I'm noting everything down so as to be able to get back off to sleep but find I'm managing on 5 hours' maximum at the moment (plus the nod offs in front of the box during the evening duh!).

By the way the weather was NOT nice here last weekend, but we did have it warm the weekend before. I'm hoping it becomes a regular thing in the not too distant future so that we can get our veg plot started. As we plant in a neighbour's field in a quite open area (in a cold part of France), it's far too early yet to be putting things in!
x

Life does get in the way of our good rolls doesn't it. Sounds like you have your New job sussed . I do the same about jottng things down in the night.....it does work and a great tip. Read your advise to me on my thread and might do what you have said about keep fruit for the weekend. Have a fabulous birthday. I've never tasted sushi so can't say well jell or not lol xxx

I'm weighing in a day early this week and will try not to weigh again until next Friday (for fear of a bad 'un rocking my boat!).
Today at lunchtime, I'm invited to a Chinese restaurant for a fixed menu. I've already chosen so I think I've picked the better of the two choices available for starter, main and pud: (steamed ravioli instead of fried spring rolls; beef + onion with white rice instead of duck or deep fried something with cantonese rice; and lychées instead of nougat or deep fried bananas).
Tomorrow is my birthday (shhh the big one isn't until next year!) so another lunch out but I've chosen a pizzeria... cos they do omelettes and salad!
Dinner is sushi (yum!)
How did I end up with so many social things at once? Then Sunday we have brunch at a friend's (who lives 8km away so I was going to walk there but I now see that rain is forecast for the entire blooming weekend seemingly!).
Aaaah... so some damage limitation will be required next week. I won't do more than one PP though. Perhaps a piece of fruit only for tea one day (or bowl of hot soup if the weather forecast is correct!!!)

So, today's weigh in, just 300g over my last September's wedding weight so I'm really pleased :D
4.8K to go to "new amended raised target" but I expect, despite my best efforts, there'll be a gain next week to sort out!

Happy birthday for tomorrow!!!

Well done on your weight loss so far, super that you have go back to wedding weight :)

Your menu sounds lovely! Have you had the ravioli before? Wondering if they are like dim sum? I adore little dumplings! (Probably why I started to resemble one...)

I am rather jealous of the sushi! Last time I went to a sushi restaurant I was being super good on Dukan and just had salmon sashimi, it was lovely and fresh with plenty of wasabi, but i was eyeing up all the little rolls and other goodies. Even just the edamame would have been a treat. Mmmmm gala meal and it is mine!!! :)

have lovely meals out, enjoy every mouthful, it sounds like you have made great choices so you can enjoy guilt-free!

Jo

Social occasions are notoriously like buses - none for ages then they all come along at once! ;)

Happy birthday for tomorrow :D

P x

Morning Jo, hows your week been??? any more social event come along to upturn your great eating plan xxx

"Regained my wedding weight" in spades! (ie added about 74K since I last posted!!)
What a disaster these past few weeks have been. I guess it all started with the birthday celebrations, then overly stressed at work and working long hours, I planned binges for when I got home from work in OH's absence. Then I continued for five days non stop over the lovely five day holiday weekend we had last weekend!
Even now, happily back on salads and fruit, my mind wanders to what I can have at the weekend...

Worse, I'm coming to the UK in just 2 weeks - the scene of the most dreadful overeating episodes known to man. A shrink would have a field day with me. The thought of going to England, and seeing my sister who's reached target weight (4 stone lost on SW), AND maintained it, fills me with dread and makes me want to eat more still! aaaaah!

So taking things "a day at a time".
Dukan (or other) dieting is so blooming easy... stabilising afterwards a darned nightmare for us eaters!

Please no kind comments. I go for the tough love approach...!

Tough love isn't my strong point (I'm better at the soft and fluffy variety) but wanted to post, I will try my hardest not to be too kind though.

We will be battling with this our entire lives - we have a particular relationship with food that means we use it not just due to hunger, but for a wide range of emotions and it sounds like you've had your fair share lately.

So, you are off to the UK soon - have a think about how you will feel seeing your sister if you don't rein yourself in NOW. You could easily gain a few more lbs before then, get there after some almighty binges feeling pretty low about yourself. Or you can give yourself a stern talking to and get right back on it NOW and actually lose a few lbs
. It might not get you back to your wedding weight, but you will feel more in control and you will be taking action.

Come on Jo, I know you can do it, we all do. So do it, do it, DO IT (said in my toughest voice possible!!!) ;) x and keep posting, remember what you said to me many moons ago, we all gain when we stop posting. You must be getting in the zone as you are facing it and telling us about it.

Hey Jo and everyone! Hope everyone is well and slimmer since last time I posted (which was ages ago:eek:)

Life has a habit of getting in the way of stabilising for most people - I had a blip because of the weather, exercise hasn't really been happening and we've been having stodge because of the cold temperatures plus have had lots of gala weekends recently (excuses, excuses). I'm back up a couple of pounds, so am having a week of PV and cheese (no bread) and one fruit portion to give myself a wee kick start then back to conso-style - no invites this weekend, but a wedding the week after so that will be the gala (weekend!)

I'm sure you know what you're doing, Jo since you've been here before and sucessfully lost loads. If you're already planning your weekend, then it means you're 'behaving' during the week, so it's not all bad.

Good luck!

Back