IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Lovely to see you again, Robin... thanks for the tips re kitten. We have used repellent on the bed but I unfortunately found it repelled me just as much as her! She'll widdle (;) Pol...) on piles of clothes, cushions, anything that must feel nice under her little paddy paws. As she's an indoor cat, like the other two, the outside litter tray isn't an option. We found a waterproof mattress protector which we're currently covering our bed with, when we're not in it, and the door remains closed. I feel sorry for the other two who are also having their bedroom privileges removed at the same time.

Yes it's true that the urge to eat in secret is ever strong in me. Yesterday I forgot to take my breakfast muffins with me so went out to buy something from the boulangerie. Ahh! Any excuse at the moment. So I'm thinking that perhaps a return to Dukan from next week is the only way I'll get this weight off and not continue to pile it on. OK it's not ideal as another quick fix, and dealing with the weight rather than the brain is all I ever seem to do, but I can't continue to get fatter and fatter! (Well I can... but...!)

More rain outside, and 8°C cooler than yesterday. I'm wearing summer clothes anyway. poo! We don't get to wear them very often (and boy these skirts are flattering compared to my trews!).

Happy dieting everyone!

I had more or less convinced myself to restart Tuesday (and was actually excited and RELIEVED at the prospect), and then work fixed a catered secretarial meeting for Thursday lunchtime. Always preferring to pass unnoticed with my food/diet fads, the thought of drawing attention to myself, knowing that my weight gain has been remarked upon by colleagues, isn't an option. But, hey, I could always attack Tues, Wed, Thurs except lunch and throw in Fri for good measure. In any event, attack never works as well for me as it used to so at least drawing a line in the sand would be good.

My friend arrives mid-morning, and OH will meet her Eurostar and bring her back here with her bags. I'll see her after work at departure time for the country. Big storms and a mini tornado have caused huge damage in the region where my country place is (mine is fine!) so we'll be looking at some desperate scenes on our way to the house. See here:
Haute Côte d'Or | Châtillonnais : un paysage de désolation dans les rues d’Étrochey et Montliot

x

Last edited:
Sit next to me Jo as I need my hand holding atm and we will get this Dukan bus rockin and a rolling xxx how way lass on our way xxx

and Jo will you hold my dukan hand please :)

thought UK weather had been bad but ...... sad to see such beautiful properties damaged so much

Dreadful devastation, the families must be so upset. xxx

Last edited:
How goes it lovely???? Hope your doing Dukan good and had a fab weekend! x

Hello all - I have the page blown up to silly proportions because I left my spare pair of glasses at work (with my "real pair"! duh!).
Since my friend's departure, food life has fallen back into routine (ie "good" during the week, and "BAD" (intentional capitals) at the weekend).

I am fighting with myself NOT to return to Dukan, but it would be a darned sight easier to so do.

Weekdays, I think I don't need it... weekends I need my jaw wiring. Perhaps one of those muzzles they put on cannibals would do the trick. Can they be purchased on line? Any links?

So... hanging in there but making no headway!

Summer? Yes it seems to be making a fleeting appearance but I understand tomorrow is nasty!

Lol know the feeling well about been muzzle at weekends xxx as for fighting Dukan, why not come back short term till you recompose yourself? Just a thought. Have a good day xxx

Good idea Siddid - don't know the answer to the muzzle but sounds a plan!!!! LOL! xxx

Oh heck, maybe Dukan during the week is the way to go, and then the weekend won't have quite such a bad reaction at the next WI

next WI? She who used to be completely addicted to the scales hasn't stepped near them in yonks, which probably isn't helping either but I'm scared of upsetting my happy weekday applecart by seeing the numbers!

Sid is probably right that I should just set a date, take the leap, sort out the weight, and then try to figure out (where to buy a muzzle) for my next attempt at Conso.

Now can I face not having fruit all summer? <mumble grumble!>

Outside the wind is raging and it's hard to believe it's summer! (Yesterday it was, and I believe tomorrow will be too, but today looks like a "day off" for all...)

Someone once said to me JFDI after my griping about how unhappy I was with my weight etc etc etc!!!!! It took me ages to work out what it meant but she was right JUST F- word (sorry if a bit crude!) DO IT!!! I keep forgetting that phrase but defo need reminding of that now!!! Saw a pic of myself from last year when I hit target and I was ALOT slimmer!!! Doesn't help that people keep saying how slim I look - yes I know in comparison to 20 stone I look slimmer but got some lumps and bumps back that I just don't want!!! Come on Jo you know you want to jump on the bus!!!! Go for it xxxxxx

Yeah I know... such a bummer about the fruit!
July 29th is going to be Dday... between now and then I'm going to continue as now (ever hopeful of weekend improvements) because, with social things in the calendar, it's not going to happen. I'll need a clear run so am working on menus from July 29th!
mumble grumble about fruit though... he can stuff the other additions he's made but I wish he'd sneak a fruit in!

Good luck! I am back as well on my fourth day after a three day attack. I have been on JUDDD for a little while again and binging every other day and have put on weight so had to go back to Dukan. Like you I can't seem to control binging. But at least yours is only weekends mine has been every other day! I did get the book Brain over Binge which is a help and made me see that it is my decision and I am allowing my lower brain to take over. However, I can't seem to make my upper brain strong enough at the moment to take hold of the reigns. :rolleyes:

Like you I will miss fruit. One of my favourite things on down days was frozen blueberry in Greek yogurt and sweetener which turns it into a sort of ice cream and is delish! I will also miss things like pizza, chocolate covered oreos on up days! :eek: So I too sadly must do something and Dukan seems to be my only answer being so restrictive. I have no choice because I threw out all my big clothes when I first lost weight and am struggling to find something to fit!

Again good luck and if the weather here in this part of France is like where you are it is dire but tomorrow it is promised that summer starts! Fingers crossed. :)

Lovely to see you slimdreamer! Sorry not to have acknowledged your post before but I've been a bad diary keeper! That usually ensues when someone's completely off plan and losing the plot but, at the moment, I'm actually very "good" weekdays. I'm far from Dukan though and the thought of all that meat if I restart Dukan pure next Monday as planned fills me with absoluter dread (says she the MASSIVE meat + fish eater when its not hot).

From Monday 29th (I'm on my own in Paris this weekend so not a good time to be planning for restart!), rather than restarting Dukan, I'm looking at avoiding the P words again (as I swelter already at 06.50am... oooh it's started raining! Perhaps another storm to help things cool down a little more). This is how I lost 11 stone way back when and, once I've broken the habit of this stupid weekend behaviour, it'd be better for me than returning to Dukan for the millionth time.

P's? Patisseries, pain, pates, pommes de terre -> pretty obvious really ;)

My OH is currently in England, staying at my Dad's while he redecorates my Nana's flat. She's been in a home for quite a while now and it'll need to be sold now to pay for her care. With the royal arrival, and him being over there too, I'm feeling very homesick at the moment!!

So the plan is this... keep as I am at the moment. Avert eyes now anyone feeling wobbly as next bit is NOT Dukan friendly. Week days, I'm sticking to Dukan muffins for breakfast. Lunch is salad with chicken or ham (and, if I go to restaurants, I'm sticking on the whole to Dukan friendly PV meals... one exception last Friday when I ended up at the Chinese somehow - well it is beautifully air conditioned!). Dinner is (avert eyes...) my latest craving. I'm one of these people who can eat the same thing day in and day out without sickening of it... until I do, and then it's history for ages. Anyway, I'm having half a mozzarella cheese with a tomato and fresh basil and half a melon with half a slice of parma ham (Half is the way to go, obviously!!). So lovely and cooling after a day's sweltering!!

This weather is all well and good when at the beach but when public transport is involved and work too, it sucks! boooo!

How are the rest of you getting on with eating hot meals at the moment? Am I the only one who can't eat hot food when it's hot? (unless in air conditioned restaurant!)

Last edited:
Send some rain over my way, Jo! I'm sooo grateful for having had the a/c installed this year, between that and the low carb I'm somehow surviving another summer. Frankly, I'm living on salads (with meat) at the moment, as I can't even bear to light up the hob in this heat, and the flames add to the humidity making it even worse. BF has been to the open air market every day it seems, and he's been on a corn kick so I've been eating 1/2 to 1 whole ear of corn practically every day (I mean, how can you not?) but with the c25k I've still managed to lose weight. :) Don't you just love a fresh mozzarella with toms and basil? I actually have that for dinner tonight! Can't resist drizzling a bit of EVOO over the whole lot, and my brain is happy that I've bought the 'light' cheese :) I'm not even English and I shed a few tears at the royal baby. Ok, think I'm digressing a bit here, how you cope with a diet in the land of the best food anywhere is beyond me. Fingers crossed for your Dukan restart, we all know it works :)

Good luck with your restart and Jo 11 stone loss was fantastic, if you can do that, then next bit you will hammer xxx your life in france sounds amazing as does your food. Come on Jo holding your hand xxx

Hello everyone..

Im new to this and this is my first time on Dukan!
Currently on day 3 of attack and starting to struggle.

A few questions, do I have to have oatbran every day as I find is horrid! :sigh:
Also am I allowed Onken fat-free Strawberry yoghurt, i did question because of all the sugar but a friend of mine said it is allowed?

I will look forward to getting to know you all over the coming struggling months.

Melissa x

Back