IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Hiya, no defo no to the yoghurt and try the muffin recipe's for your oat allowance , mmmmmm they are the best good luck xxx

Thank you so much!
Also one more question quick, is excercise recommended in the attack stage as I have been going to the gym aswell! Xxx

Yes loads exercise, and get good results. Mellissac start a diary up and introduce yourself its a great tool in the weight loss xxx

thank you ladies!
its nice to see so much support and im hoping this time I will do it! I'm sure with a lot of support I can! I'm definitely in the right place! Xxx

Good luck for the restart Jo and thank you for the help and words of wisdom and of course for making me laugh. We won't talk about the fact you can see the T de F from your office balcony << jealous>> LOL

I'd love a little piggy... but my cats would probably leave home alas! No it was just a picture I liked when I was looking for an avatar which resembled me! (I go for the tough love approach with myself, and unfortunately sometimes others(!!), and call a spade a spade... and a pig a pig. And I am unfortunately of the latter ilk!
My sister has regained some weight after her 4 stone loss on SW, so it's not just Dukaners of course who have problems stabilising once real life and holidays come into play. I've been comparing notes with her and am still considering my options for next week. Boring I know this toing and froing with my head saying one thing, and my heart another... I still feel that, if I could only break the nasty weekend habit by being in the right frame of mind as I am when on Dukan, it'd then be easier. My OH is returning from England next week from decorating my Nana's place. He wants to do a week's Dukan from next Saturday (when we're together - he knows he'd not be able to get going on his own!), and then bring fruit back in. Not strictly kosher of course but we've both been there too many times. I do feel that, with him on board rather than encouraging me to eat rubbish at the weekend, I'd have a better chance.
So (deep breath) - Dukan and fruit it'll be. Or, more likely, healthy eating minus the bread, pasta, rice... If it's a blanket "NO" to all things sugar sweet, and no bread, pasta, rice, what can go wrong?
Oh and I will get on those scales Monday. Not knowing whether what I'm doing now weekdays is causing a loss isn't helping me. If I could eat like now 7 days a week rather than 4.5 AND lose weight, I'd be far happier than opting for another session on Dukan.
Sorry to harp on... but while the diet works for me, phase 3 gets me every time and I'm gaining more and more!
So Monday weigh in... (I might not post the weight for a week or so while I digest it!!)

Sounds like a plan Jo. Weekends are a killer a working 7 day a week would help lol xxx with hubby on board surly that will help. Ive a skinny oh and eats rubbish constantly. So I know what a help the other half Dukaning with you will be xxx

I am pleased to announce my first weekend without a binge since... oh April! I ate plenty of fruit, and the wrong sort, but hey...
I got on the scales yesterday, Sunday, and the news wasn't altogether surprising - 83.3K. I look every gramme of it too, bulges everywhere.
So I've finally decided to have a couple of days' PP, just to be totally in the right frame of mind to continue (as I consider myself already on day 8 of diet as I didn't blow things over the weekend and always diet Mon to Fri!), then PV and fruit coming in too. No bread, pasta, rice, sugar, choc etc. Those are my rules.
I'm really excited actually. I logged into My Fitness Pal, and plugged in my food over the weekend (honestly - including the fromage blanc I leapt on with glee in the supermarket then discovered how fattening it was when I got home and put my glasses on!!)... and have put the week's food in too. It takes a while the first time but, as a creature of habit, the copying function will help henceforth. I've slightly tweaked their automatic settings for healthy eating, as they only allow you a tiny amount of protein, so I've gone for 50% carb (amazing where those critters creep in even without eating the above list), 30% protein and 20% fat (ditto!).
So I'm off... and I look forward to shrinking again! MFP reckons I can lose 3K by end August, but I reckon I can do better than that. I won't have a mammoth initial loss though, as am not going into ketosis, so will weigh in sporadically...
No time now to read other diaries so I'll be back!!
x

Good Luck Jo xxx

good luck Jo, you are sounding very positive, and I am sure you will do fine. Take it just one day at a time, and don' let anything get to you. xx

Cheers ladies. A successful first day. I can't say as I was looking forward to a PP day - it's been such a long time - and I was scared of being hungry and then eating rubbish! In the end, I really wasn't hungry and could happily delete this morning various planned food items from my yesterday's food plan on MFP. (PP days are SO low in calories!). Another PP day today but no longer as worried about it!
It's lovely to feel cooler air outside. Back to heat from Thursday apparently so I'll enjoy this while I can.
x

Great positive Post Jo and a great start to Dukan xxx you can and will do this xxx

Cheers ladies. A successful first day. I can't say as I was looking forward to a PP day - it's been such a long time - and I was scared of being hungry and then eating rubbish! In the end, I really wasn't hungry and could happily delete this morning various planned food items from my yesterday's food plan on MFP. (PP days are SO low in calories!). Another PP day today but no longer as worried about it!
It's lovely to feel cooler air outside. Back to heat from Thursday apparently so I'll enjoy this while I can.
x
yep I totally agree, the thought of PP is worse than actually doing it. Restarted again this week & it wasn't as hard as what My brain was telling me it was going to be.

Go Jo, great diary to catch up on!!!! Keep going gal!!!!

Hello ladies,

By the way, anyone reading this, I'm NOT on Dukan and won't be in ketosis!

I'm plugging everything into myfitnesspal still and am very motivated seeing how the numbers all tally up and find it rather exciting to eat less than I'd planned so as to be able to delete things! OH has been warned not to tempt me with things this weekend when I join him tonight in the country. I shall brush my teeth early if need be! (twice!)

Exercise hasn't been a problem despite the heat (35°C in Paris today, boooo!) as I walk so early in the morning. It's definitely more of a struggle though!

I weighed in today, although it's only four days, because I wanted to be on Friday weigh in rather than Monday (as I'll rarely be here on a Monday morning to so do as I'm usually on a train half asleep!). Just 1.8K gone. I'd hoped for more but am trying to be realistic.

Hoping to see a 7 at the front next Friday..

Thanks so much for your encouragement!
x

Jo, well done, you've taken the plunge! You really don't want too many more false starts so tell that hubby of yours he must be 100% supportive, then don't cheat! If you're tempted, just say no!! You've made the rules, now stick to them!

Honestly, you know more about dieting, food, weightloss etc than anyone, and regular exercise is not a problem for you, so you CAN do it! I believe in you and am rooting for you so don't let me down and prove me wrong! Best of luck - no, not luck, results xxx

Thank you for all putting up with me.
I realise how different I feel this time. Too many false restarts aren't a good thing on any diet, but this time the mind set is there and it's a doddle even without ketosis (so far!).
This weekend, with MFP, I planned my favourite fruit snacks, counted them into my day, and still came out under my 1,500 cal weekend target (lower in the week). Exercise went to pot on Saturday, due to shopping, neighbour visits, veg to pick, but I certainly kept on the move. Sunday I had a lovely walk around the village while it was overcast and cool at 7am and slowly saw the sun come up. Memories to keep me going during the week!
I'm having another PP day today. I'm aghast at how many calories salmon has in it so am reluctantly reducing my portions. No more eat all you can Dukan!
Tomorrow I'm having a go at quorn mince. I bought some konjac noodles and will see what I can do to inject some flavour into those two bland ingredients! Any suggestions? Tin tomatoes, garlic, onion, and...?
Time to walk to work :) (I love how the walking gives me extra calories to then not eat and have the "has not used all her calories today" message at the end of the day.) Miss OCD has found another tool to play with!
For those of you who remember Vicky, we're speaking each day on MFP. Like me, she got married last year, and she's now keeping her weight stableish with MFP.
x

Back