IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Yay for wearing trousers Jo, I'm glad you're feeling good, loving your positivity. We all need some of that as the nights draw in.

I'm ridiculously positive. I even told my boss I loved my (new) job the other day! (There goes my pay rise!!).

A long term online friend of mine (who I've met and have written to for years) has written a book. Not a diet book. Quite the contrary actually.
It's on Kindle, costs £6.17 and is called:
Gorgeously Full Fat - Live like you love yourself

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sarah-Clark/e/B00EQ1JBLI/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
[h=2]Product Description[/h]Back in 1987, when Margaret Thatcher was
still in charge, the Pet Shop Boys were number one, and I was just 16, I went on
my very first diet. This is the story of how I got sucked into the diet trap,
and how long it took me to escape its clutches.

With the help of some
other diet escapees, Gorgeously Full Fat looks at how the media, fashion
magazines and just wanting to fit in keep people like me trapped in diets that
don't work, and then, what it's like dating as a thirty-something chubby
girl.

There's also some wise and rather fabulous advice from people
who've been there, done that and got the T-shirt in more than one size on life
after dieting.

Live like you love yourself!

The book sounds like a great read :)

Keep sending the positive posts, Jo. Your mojo is rubbing off!

I hasten to add that I did not contribute my story to the book, considering myself still totally in the diet trap!! (Although perhaps in a slightly more balanced way than previously!) Having said that, this healthy palaver is much slower on the results front and to my horror I saw 200g GAIN on the scales this morning for the third morning running! Most miffed right before weigh in tomorrow. Ah well. Gotta take the lows with the highs right and MFP keeps telling me I'm not eating enough (so do I dare add stuff? aaaaah!!).

Loving the weather at the moment here. Not hot enough to need aircon at work, but nice enough to continue in sleeveless summer clothes once the morning chill goes. Can this hold out for another three weeks until my little holiday? Here's hoping!

Happy days!

Positive polly is in the room - love it! x

Yeah... polly's chirp is a little squeaky this morning after the week's gain is confirmed but I'm reminding myself I had an upset tum last Thurs which affected last Fri's weigh in... and, hey! I'm looking and feeling better, so who cares about the scales? <wobbly bottom lip!>

Looking forward to joining my husband and three cats in the country tonight (plus the 10 odd strays, including four kittens we feed)...

No food worries as I know what I'm having!

Happy weekend to all!

Turn that frown upside down and have a great weekend - scales explained from last week so defo on and up!!! xxx

Hope your weekend is going well cat woman xxx you feel and sound better .......your half way there, now its just them pesky scales to drop xxx

All fine over here although I will admit to having eaten far more fruit this weekend than any human requires. We went to the market Saturday morning in the country as usual, then on our return to the house found gifts of plums from neighbours and they were delicious so we abused! Sunday morning, I power walked to the nearest vide grenier (think car boot sale with tables instead of cars), 7km away. During my walk, I decided to allow myself the corner of one of the fabulous cheese breads they sell at the marché gourmand (greedy market?) which was also being held at the same village. OH would eat the rest. But, to my dismay, the bread man was on holiday. PHEW!! Near miss there! I'm aghast at how a "bad" weigh in could have toppled me over the edge to break my own rules... and so that's brought me down to earth and I now feel more vigilant!

This coming Sunday morning will have to be considered a "gala morning". Friends from England who I've not seen since my wedding this time last year(!), en route driving from South of France to London staying in a posh Hotel &B in Burgundy 1.5 hour drive from our country pad, have invited us over for a gourmet breakfast.

9 working days until my holiday :D
(Has this taught me my lesson to stay off the darned scales? Nope! And, worse still (for future behavioural issues), the scales are my friends at the moment, so I'm doubly scared they may switch allegiance before Friday as they did last week!!)

Last edited:
Sigh... Life in France sounds very romantic with the vide greniers and marchés gourmand... :) but very tempting too! The first (and biggest) weight gain of my life happened when I worked as an au pair in Paris many years ago... Cheese, croissants, butter, Nutella.... In fact I've always put on weight when first arriving in a foreign country, now that I think about it! China, France, Italy, the UK... The disruption always wreaks havoc with my eating habits. But at least now I know how to quickly seek out the right stuff!

Anyway, near miss with your baker man and I'm glad the damage was minimal Cx

Lets hope you and those scales stop best buddies xxx love reading you diary, love the picture of living in France you put in my head xxx

Ladies - I mentioned in passing my friend's book on Amazon Kindle. Just in case anyone's interested in downloading it, it's FREE at the weekend. I'm about half way through it.
This weekend is FREE BOOK time on Amazon. Just for Saturday and Sunday, Gorgeously Full Fat will be available to download absolutely free, because I am just THAT generous. If you’ve been procrastinating, do it, at the weekend! I’ve been so chuffed with it so far, most days it’s selling enough copies to be in the Amazon Top 100 paid Kindle books, but I want to see it nearer the top so, tell all your friends to download it – pretty please? Here’s the link for you if you don’t already know it…
GORGEOUSLY FULL FAT

Thanks! Will definitely download - sounds like a great read :)

I finished the book last night and, while I really can't quite relate to someone's decision to stop dieting (accept herself as she is, stop dieting, and hence stop binge eating), I thoroughly enjoyed it. I met Sarah on another forum years ago - I was trying to figure out in her book just when we crossed paths and I'm guessing 1995 ish... we met in real life when I was passing through her then home village which was also my Mum's birth village (and 3 miles from where my now husband worked before we met!).

So the scales are being miserable again today - had I not been such a frequent hopperonnerandoffer this week, I'd not know that this is my highest weight since... last Friday! But hey! That's life!

I will have to stay off the darned things next week because Sunday is a BAD day... commencing with breakfast out at a posh place my English friends are staying overnight at in Burgundy. Given that both B&B owners are chefs and my friends gourmet eaters, I can only imagine the treats in store. Ho hum!

Have good weekends all x

Breakfast sounds as s it will be worth savouring, no guilt just enjoy and no hopperonnerandoffer this week till the damage (If any has passed) what you don't know wont hurt you xxx

With all of the health challenges being overweight has caused me, I really question her decision to stop dieting. Fat acceptance and all is part of what got me here... Fat club last week was all about trying to change your eating habits from emotional or restrictive eating patterns to instinctive eating patterns. But my instincts are all awry. That's why I'm on a restrictive plan to try and relearn them :)

Aaaaaargh was having so much fun this weekend i forgot to download the book :-(

Back