IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

morning joanne!

have a happy dukan day xx

Morning Jo and enjoy your first day back !

Morning Jo, I'm trying old school attack, I need to see a good loss......or a little one lol or any to be honest xxx Good Luck

Boy that was an easy first day... I didn't stick to my menu though so I won't post corrections and in fact will stay away from posting menus altogether! I expect the ease at which I slipped straight back into it was partly due to my being full down to my toe nails from the days before(!), plus being really busy at work so no time to think about food, and also not feeling top line having again picked up a throat bug! Since losing the 11 stone, I can honestly say I've hardly ever been unwell but the past month have picked things up one after the other. Coincidence that I was eating so badly?

As an old schooler, I find I could pick so many holes in new people's menus so I won't go there! Each to his own version of the Dukan diet haaaaa :) So long as we lose some weight!!

Onward and off it shall come... :)

Oh and being cured of the daily weigh in means that it didn't even cross my mind to get on the scales this morning which will be a great help if I can continue to stay off. Once a week would be far more motivating than seeing every little up and down registered.

x

Good for you with the scales !, it's one of the hardest battles !

Good for you with the scales !, it's one of the hardest battles !

Hi Vicky! Great to "see" you. How's things?

Happy New Year all, here's to a thinner year for us! Hope Christmas was enjoyed by everyone (except for those who don't do Christmas, obviously).

Welcome back to Dukan, Jo. Hope you had a good holiday. You could probably get rid of your scales, you seem to judge accurately enough what you weigh, once a week is plenty though!

Not going on about my own food intake as it's not really Dukan-friendly, even by conso standards, but it seems to work. My weight is down a bit and stable after the over-eating of the past couple of weeks (amazing what a whole chicken over the course of a day can do!)

Anyway, just popping in! Hope everyone stays safe with the weird weather if it's near you, looks awful.

Hi you ! Good to see you too! I'm well trying to lose what feels like six months on weight gain which was just December !

I know what you mean about the different versions of Dukan Jo. I logged on to the official Dukan web side for the first time in ages yesterday (never got to TW so membership still active). Apparently Pork tenderloin, extra lean ham and lean bacon is now allowed. I'm thinking I will probably go old school too though.

due to my being full down to my toe nails from the days before(!),

x

Love it!!!! :). I'm with you Jo and old skool is the way to go!! - if it's not broken don't fix it - good luck- you sound really motivated - its great to see the boards busy again with newbies and oldies (oldies meant in the nicest possible way!!) ;-) xx

I love the toenail comment too! And who needs scales when you can pretty much get it spot on without?! I think the first weigh in is the hardest... I have not weighed since the christmas damage for fear of scaring myself in to starvation!!

Sometimes I wish there was an Old Testament/new testament Dukan board split, the former could be administered by the "wicked witches of the old school" ;-)

Hope you feel better soon - amazing how "bad" food can eke it's way out of the body - still battling a Quality Street-induced acne outbreak!!

(I can reliably inform you - for research purposes - that Roses have put the coffee flavoured ones back...)

I don't know what to say... easy peasy lemon squeezy (oh and that's not allowed on old Dukan!)... boy am I going to get a rude awakening when/if hunger returns! I think I'm just so relieved to be back eating my favourite foods! (As all old timers know, I'm two distinct personalities: she who loves all things Dukan... and she who eats rubbish round the clock.) My spending has really gone down too. As well as my food shop, I was supplementing with LOADS of fruit for day time and evening, plus all the rubbish each time I lost it... so I'm finding Dukan a MONEY SAVER! :D

Knowing we can add a few things, if the going gets hard, per "New Testament Dukan" (love it!), might well assist us later down the road...

I'm hoping to see 75K by beginning of March. Not sure whether that's feasible though. Having been off Dukan for so long, I'm not sure I gained as much as fast as I used to (if that makes sense) so it mightn't shift as quickly either!

Morning Jo! Glad you are saving money and enjoying your food. I'm hoping for a good weight loss soon as scales don't seem to move at all :( will persevere though!

Morning Jo! Glad you are saving money and enjoying your food. I'm hoping for a good weight loss soon as scales don't seem to move at all :( will persevere though!

OMG...................JUST HAD A NOSEY ON YOUR FB AND I AM SO JELOUS.....THE PICTURE OF YOU AND SHANE PWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO xxx

Ha ha he came intou old work :) x

(errr Shane who?!!)

First PV day today. I decided not to do an overly long attack and found myself last night popping into my usual beloved fruit shop to buy salad and veg for today's meals. (I felt obliged to explain as to why I wasn't buying my usual sackful of fruit, so that she didn't think I'd taken my custom elsewhere!). I can't say that I've missed anything yet. I'm not tempted to look at the scales yet and VERY tight size 16 trousers tell me it won't be an overnight loss anyway! OH is doing well but I expect he'll continue on attack to the weekend. He's never overly bothered by greenery at the best of times!

x

Morning Jo ! I'm the same with trousers only one pair work trousers fit ! Stomach is not going anywhere !

So the weekend looms - a time when I historically go off the rails but I'm feeling very much in the zone. I've checked the online brochure of the supermarket I shop at, and have noted that whole fillets of salmon are on offer (YUM!), so I'll be sure to get a few of those to cut up and freeze. Prawns too. Little packages of cooked seafood too. So I shouldn't have a reason to feel too sorry for myself! :D

My jeans look DREADFUL today. They're my largest pair, fit me like a vice and show EVERY lump... very motivating indeed!

Jo, the trousers I chose to wear for work, after my Christmas gain are so tight I really should wear my bigger ones but I am going to suffer and wait ill they stop digging in xxx Lol Jo its like you say is the constant reminder to keep us motivated xxx

My weekend: well... I didn't tell you guys before, so as not to mess things up in my head, but I had an unavoidable event Sat evening. A mulled wine and nibbles annual village event which had been put back from its usual Friday evening to Saturday purely so that "les anglais" could attend! So, yes, a night off was always going to happen but I didn't want to build it up, not even in my own head, so as not to then lose the plot on the lead up days or thereafter.

My plan worked like a dream. I bought loads of chicken, salmon, two sizes of fresh prawns, grey shrimp... made a huge pot of home made chicken soup (that's another story - tooth extraction tonight AAAHHH!)... and cooked up enough stuff to feed an army should we get back from the event and fancy carrying on the eating/drinking. We didn't. End of. All went like a dream.

So PP yesterday as planned, no worries, and this morning's weigh in showed a decent loss. Obviously a lot of water loss there, and maybe it could have been a larger loss still had I not had a night off Saturday, but I'm glad to have attended... so... tonight... tooth extraction AAAAH!

Back