IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Gosh yes sorry, I squeezed my butt into something quite tight, with a long blouse and within an hour the trousers fitted well, then became looseish... (morale to story: don't wash your trousers! they get small again!!)

All is fine here... still digesting the news of course. While I never wanted kids, and feel far younger at my current age and weight than I did 20 or 30 years ago at my higher weight, it seems to be quite a kick up the rear end to realise I'm in menopause. I saw my GP Tuesday. He obviously skipped all his classes at Uni ref consoling and comforting his patient BUT he seems on the ball and, rather than just prescribe drugs, he's opted first to run a tonne of tests to check first whether there isn't a physiological reason for my calcium / vitamin D issue in the old bones... So yesterday I donated an armful of blood to the cause, and Sunday must wee in a pot (bucket?) for 24 hours... and a week later he'll know what the results all mean. He was very matter of fact about everything and said as I was leaving that he has 85 year old patients with my numbers who've never broken a bone! (was that meant to be reassuring?!!).

Foodwise all is well and weight looking ok too. Nearing my planned day off, I'm looking for alternatives as I'm scared to break the momentum... but, realistically, I think it's a good thing for me to do. And to test the straight back in the saddle idea on Sunday, when I've a long walk planned, culminating in a "spend all you like on fresh fish, sea food and veg in the market" experience!

I've just cooked up a batch of quorn mince (with onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, chilli powder, cumin, mint and coriander)... yum! It'll have all day to infuse (heat off though!). It's a bit early to be smelling all those things but I was too lazy last night! (My sister kindly bought me eight packs of quorn mince which I froze. I'm not overly keen but am persevering, if only to recover freezer space.)

Hubby returns tomorrow with the cats... and we'll have an long day Saturday (last time we went, we left the city at 6am, returning at 1am rather than staying over...).

Happy times x

Hugs Jo xXxX I find a lot of Drs skipped that class !!!!
Market sounds fab and we have to live you know so enjoy your treats and your weekend xxz

Jo so no further forward xxx 24 hour jar....I remember it well xxx great your on track xxx wish i could say the same xxx

Market sounds great! Good to see you back here and read how you're doing :)

Your market trip sounds wonderful. I wish I had something similar nearby. As for the quorn, sorry but I can't stand the stuff! Yuck! ;)

I hope you get some answers from the doctor, even if his bedside manner is somewhat lacking, it's reassuring he's exploring all possibilities first. x

Morning all... My Saturday day off was good (despite the weather!). Although initially reticent, once the floodgate was inched open, I freely enjoyed letting anything and everything pass my lips... I won't detail here but I certainly let my hair down food wise! And, luckily, everything eaten was fabulous (nothing worse than letting yourself have some treats and they're not as good as you'd have liked!).

Yesterday, I did as I'd planned and stuck to my food plan BUT, after discussions with my friend Saturday, I am now going to adapt Dukan a little to suit my health issues and to hopefully "normalise" my food intake a little more. So here goes. OH encouraged me to weigh in on Sunday morning, so I did. 0.9K up. Well deserved. Just 0.5K up this morning. Won't weigh again until Friday (and I'm off work Thursday and Friday so will be in the country, but not concerned).

So yesterday involved an hour's power walk as usual before breakfast. Returning to the market with OH after breakfast to pick up fresh veg (carrots and French beans), fish (sea bass for OH, salmon for me), prawns, brown shrimp, cockles (for OH), strawberries (delish!) and fresh eggs. The weather in the morning was glorious and, despite my antics in the loo (24 hour into a pot... boy that was harder than I thought it would be to aim into such a large opening! haaaa!), I enjoyed my day. After lunch, we crashed. We were out 18 hours Saturday and got to bed at 2am. Then it was raining when we woke!

So off to work soon, on public transport cos of wee bucket(s)! :)

Morning Jo weekend sounds fab. And sea bass ! Don't you like it? Adapting the diet sounds a good idea xx

Sounds like a great weekend :) How are you adapting the diet? Hope the wee bucket results are ok x

Morning campers from a very dark flat as we've a power cut right now and I haven't a clue where the candles are. Thank goodness for the light on my phone and kindle.
Thank you for asking. All blood and urine tests I picked up look perfectly normal to me but am waiting on a few which were sent away before faxing all to GP.
I'm sticking to Dukan PV days as a base slowly reducing protein and increasing veg and salad. I'm going to have a fruit sporadically building up to one a day. adding in lentils within a few weeks too. slowly. With an ever eagle eye on the scales. I hope not to have a huge water regain... but it has to be done.
I have another day off in exactly a month (my 21st ho ho) then will be in the South of France on holiday a month after that so plenty of motivation to snap straight back to it.
perhaps this health thing is exactly what I needed to stop messing around with bingeing and yoyoing as it's certainly made me more serious about things.
hope everyone is well. back from long weekend on Monday x

Sounds like a good plan. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

Happy weekend Jo xxx

Thank you... already on day 3 of my weekend and have been so lucky with summer weather. 21st this afternoon.
food going well. am gradually cutting back on the protein, as I mentioned, and am now including fruit... and enjoying it. It's certainly easier restricting fruit when you have to buy it, compared to when it's all around you and arriving from neighbours by the bucketful!
am back to plugging in everything onto my fitness pal and getting the recommended calcium is a challenge, let alone more... working on it though.
weigh in fine but not usual scales and the ones here are much friendlier than the city ones!

Hi Jo

Sounds like you are enjoying the mods... I was never fussed about fruit so dont miss it now. But I am looking forward to eating veggies everyday :D.

Have a great Sunday xx

Morning all,

Although my weigh in mightn't look so good for a two week one, I'm pretty chuffed personally. These past two weeks I've been reintegrating fruit and carbs and so am delighted not to have had a huge increase in (even water) weight. So, while us regular Dukan dieters might find things slow going on PV/PP these days, the advantage might well be a less fluctuating weight once reintegrating. Watch this space.

I've also discovered a branch of Exki not too far from the office. Pots of salads with small portions of things not Dukan mixed in and I can find the calorie etc count on My Fitness Pal so I'm reassured when I pick up one of their pots for lunch which I've had twice this week due to a friend cancelling lunch out TWICE (due to work so I forgive but...!) Using this sort of product is great for me as, not only is it organic and includes small portions of this and that which I'd never bother to prepare, but it's stopped me overdosing the old protein portions per Dukan at the same time!

I'm thinking this little health scare has really clicked something into place in my brain. Long may it continue! (I know me well... I remain vigilant...)
x

Jo thats great and I think healthy eating and portion control has got to be best? Cutting out lots of fruit and veg can't be right? Anyway I've never heard of that shop for salads sounds interesting though!

Not a great deal to report here. All well. Food intake is still evolving but I probably shouldn't post it here for fear of tempting others now that I'm not following Dukan any longer...
I've been trying on my "old" (aka smaller) wardrobe and some things are fitting which haven't for a while. My size 12s are still tiny though and must have shrunk in the wardrobe (hoho!). But the thought of perhaps another stone and being into them is motivating me.
I'm quite enjoying this new way of eating too and I do credit Dukan with having dumbed down my sweet tooth (for now at least) and I'm enjoying piles of fresh veg and salads and am not tempted in the slightest by other things. My carbs are up to almost 100 a day some days.
Off to walk now... walked 1.5 hours with a friend in the village on Saturday, with my pedometer running, and was amazed to see that we'd covered an incredible (not) 5.5km. What I usually do in about 50 mins. I guess we were jabbering too much!!
x

It's nice to have a walking and chatting partner though? Have a great week.I post on Atkins and a lot of others do but arent doing that diet. It's just somewhere to be :)

Back