IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I thought it expensive but the 15EUR included a pot of fruit salad... I'll continue with my typer wares of goodies. I get more to eat that way...

I had a glass of crémant (Burgundy champagne) after the village commemoration to the war dead. I didn't eat any of the delicious looking nibbles (all pastry / crispy oriented). No one even noticed I wasn't eating... just me!

Have a great bank holiday Jo xxx

Hope you enjoying your holiday Jo xx

See you next week!

Good morning campers,
I've just updated my stats and remain slightly in awe at how well things are going. Dukan is now well behind me. I find I'm adding things in, increasing my carbs and calories, and still losing! OK this is probably a whooosh period but I'm staggered at how much (comparatively) I'm eating and still losing. I am walking more and my fitbit is responsible for this as I am more and more irked at weather getting in the way of my wishes, yet still finding ways to get my 10,000 steps in each day. So go me (gotta boast while things are going so well cos who knows how long this will last?!).
I'm now just 0.5K from my "target" but don't congratulate me as this target is what I initially set as my HIGH weight when I first lost my weight 11 years ago. Once at 69.9K, I will lower my target probably to 67.5 (10st 9lbs) and then have the 11 stone as a new high weight not to pass (not that that's ever stopped me!).
I'm on holiday from the 23rd for 10 days and this is a "proper" holiday rather than hanging out in my country pad where I can control everything. I have my thoughts as to how to face this new challenge and will work out a plan between now and then (and share). As I'll still be in France, I'll not be a stranger so might log in from beside the pool (weather permitting cos, although it's sunny down South compared to here, the temperatures don't exactly look hot to me... hmm).

x

Oh wow! Amazing loss Jo!

It is funny how our bodies work. Higher cal and carb intake but still losing! Loving it!

You are awesome!

Wow go Jo! You're doing great! x

Jo congratulations xxx you have found a great recipie that works for you xxx

Hi Jo,

just thought I'd let you know that you were right wrt vodka/malibu. vodka is a spirit so has nothing left but the alcohol, so zero carbs. malibu is a liqueur so has sugar added to it. I will stick to vodka and diet coke (if I can stand the taste) lol.

thank you x x

Thank you Jenny. I don't drink myself very often but I've been advising fellow dieters to drink vodka if they must drink anything for years... then I started to doubt last night when I couldn't find my proof!

My holiday is not for another week but I'm getting excited now that the weather has improved. One great thing about a holiday coming up is my motivation to walk and I've walked home each night from work too. Unheard of. I'm eating well mind...

Wish I had your motivation Jo xxx

I've been a bit piggy today... better not weigh myself tomorrow. I went out early for a fast hour's walk to a high point near here then another shorter one later. Probably not enough to counter my excesses. Back to work and normality tomorrow. I like routine...

Routine makes loosing weight so much easier! You had a holiday too so piggy days are allowed in my opinion :p

No holiday yet... leave Friday evening and we'll drive through the night down to the South. I can hardly wait! Scales showed same weight today as last Tuesday which is a good result.

We've had horrible weather since Tuesday - rain and storms - and so my walks home from work have been washed out (meaning I've had to take public transport and be annoyed at other humanoids... chatting on mobiles... sitting next to me with LOUD music banging out of their ear speakers... smelling nasty... aaah the advantages of walking home are far more extensive than I'd realised!!).

Weight is staying stable fortunately, after Sunday's silliness, and today the scales are still 70.4K. That's fine. I'll take that as a going on holiday weight as I've a lunch out today so tomorrow won't be my lowest weight of the week, even though it'll be salad, chicken and salmon (and fabulous coleslaw!).

The weather in the South is better than here BUT also due a downturn (boooo). Ah well, as I just said on Jenny's thread, being off work will give me more time to myself and so more time to do more physical exercise.

Explaining to someone yesterday about my recent "wake up call" (health scare + turning 50 + getting a fitbit) made me realise something. The fitbit experience makes me look at weight loss the "other way round" to that which I've done for years. Instead of dieting and thinking of what I CAN'T eat, wearing my fitbit makes me more positive about things I CAN do... Perhaps the positivity of it is what's galvanising me into action at the moment. The food intake simply follows through once being more active as I'm less likely to spoil my efforts. Perhaps that's also why early morning activity is good for me too as it sets the pattern for the day.

Food for thought for us overthinkers.

So... tomorrow night at around 10pm we'll hit the road driving South. To arrive at around 8am I should think. Zzzz... a long walk is planned in the morning to keep me awake, and then we can siesta after lunch, have a swim and laze on Sat afternoon... Food will be out of my hands this weekend, but I shall have a fruit stash in my room (I hate being out of control of meal times etc!!), but from Monday I'll be back in charge when my friend leaves us to enjoy her home until Saturday.

x

Sound fantastic Jo xxx Can I ask, what is a fitbit?

ooooh Vicky "sold" me the idea. It's a little gadget you wear, like a pedometer, only that it's more sophisticated and monitors your sleep, steps, and - if you go to the trouble of inputting your food into My Fitness Plan - you can synch it and see your input/output numbers. It's for OCD people :))

www.fitbit.com
I have the One. I attach it to my bra, between the puppies, facing inwards, so can't lose it! It requires you to do 10,000 steps a day, go up 10 flights of stairs, burn a certain number of calories based on your stats, so it's good to see the reds turn to green as you achieve your daily goals.

Totally addictive and very motivating I find...

Last edited:
Hi jo. Hope you are well. Shots addictive that fitbit isn't it xxx

I love my Fitbit too. It's the one thing that goes everwhere with me! x

Morning campers from my holiday... I've obviously been eating far too much but no closet bingeing which has to be good. I've been out for 3 walks and had 2 swims today so I'm doing all I can to compensate a little for the extras creeping in. Fitbit and MFP say I'm within my calories but I don't think so.

Villa has no scales to weigh food so I'm guessing.

Back