IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

IMG_3529.JPG

You look fantastic Jo! Xxxx

I'm certainly very relaxed. Today Bandol to buy up loads of fresh goodies at their market. Sunny but very windy today

ForumRunner_20140527_182254.png

Looking fantastic Jo!! :) xx

Good morning diary and I have sinned... BIG TIME... we decided to drive back through the night Friday to Saturday, rather than daytime Saturday, which proved to be a good decision traffic wise and it hasn't set me out of my sleep pattern unduly. BUT, inevitably, I lost the plot foodwise, and then carried on to great extremes throughout the weekend right up to bedtime last night when I threw away the remaining foods bought specially yesterday, and drew the line.

So... feeling decidedly unwell this morning. Another feeling I should try to memorise and recall when required.

No scales. Clothes tell the story. The mere thought of food turns my stomach so here's hoping that will continue! Very clean week planned. PV plus fruit except for Wed night when invited out to dinner and a friend is coming over from London specially and staying here so I can't/won't ruin everyone's evening. Will play that one as best as I can.

So... four and a half weeks to sort this blub out before my next holiday (coming to England, and going to see day three of the Tour de France in Cambs :))

x

Hi Jo, sorry to hear you are feeling it this morning! Well done for chucking out the food in prep for a new week.

Your week sounds good and I'm sure your meal with friends won't be an issue. Enjoy!

I am feeling similar here re food after my extended last supper before getting back on the Dukan wagon today. I didn't even really enjoy most of it, but I shovelled it in, thinking I'd not have it for a few months ? so daft hah!

Have a great week! Xx

Really good to see you back Amy.

Today went well to be honest. No problems whatsoever despite the humungous quantities of food ingested over the weekend.

I walked to and from work too. Half a melon and a frozen yogurt to come after my mushroom omelette and salad dinner.
X

I braved the scales this morning, after two days' healthy eating, and while I was quite surprised (thinking I'd gained less as my clothes are still fitting), I deserve each and every gramme. I couldn't even hope to start posting all I ate Saturday and Sunday. Ridiculous amounts of rubbish.

So 73.6 and a heck of a lot of work to do before my UK holiday in four weeks! Here's hoping they come off as quickly as they came on.

x

Hey Jo

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. You look gorgeous.

I know what you mean about the weight vs. clothes fitting. Its all water at this point. Should all clear up by next WI. I remember gaining about 4 kgs after a 4 day off plan weekend. But that went away in two PP days ;).

Haven't been on MFP in a while - are you still logging? You calorie counting now?

PP day for me today so bleh...

Yes I'm faithfully logging on MFP (except last Sat and Sun which would have taken too long!).

Thank you for your kind words. I hope to get back there quickly.

X

Last edited:
I'm finding things tough this weekend. My week went okay food wise, but had an issue with my elbow Tuesday night (diagnosed by sports doc and confirmed by xray to be calcification and a hydroma). Feeling much better now though phew. Feared I'd broken it. Anyway am logging everything I'm eating on MFP to keep it real (even if I did get to 1,850 calories ahem).

Diet life is not a smooth journey for anyone I know.

Having a hot spell over here so did my walk at 7.15am yesterday. Same today. 30C again later. Cherry picking at 9am. BBQ later.

X

Ooh...cherries...and strawberries! 2 things I miss in the summer in dukan. It's a scorcher here today too so we're also having a BBQ. Perfect for dukan. Have a lovely day x

Sorry to hear about your elbow! Glad all on the mend now.

What cals are you aiming for? 1850 sounds pretty good to me! But then I come out in a cold sweat when seeing the calories I need to lose weight, it seems so low.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend an the cherry picking, sounds perfect :) x

I usually try for 1400 in food, figuring that guestimation on weights of some foods could add another 100. Fitbit adds calories I can eat according to my exercise, but I try to ignore that and not eat those calories. Definitely did yesterday and today will be worse...
Ah... maybe I should work 7 days a week. I'd find it easier to eat healthily!

I'm finding things tough this weekend. My week went okay food wise, but had an issue with my elbow Tuesday night (diagnosed by sports doc and confirmed by xray to be calcification and a hydroma). Feeling much better now though phew. Feared I'd broken it. Anyway am logging everything I'm eating on MFP to keep it real (even if I did get to 1,850 calories ahem).

Diet life is not a smooth journey for anyone I know.

Having a hot spell over here so did my walk at 7.15am yesterday. Same today. 30C again later. Cherry picking at 9am. BBQ later.

X

I usually try for 1400 in food, figuring that guestimation on weights of some foods could add another 100. Fitbit adds calories I can eat according to my exercise, but I try to ignore that and not eat those calories. Definitely did yesterday and today will be worse...
Ah... maybe I should work 7 days a week. I'd find it easier to eat healthily!

How is the elbow doing Jo? Hope you feeling better xx

When I started getting obsessive about MFP (for all of two weeks I think!) I was aiming for 1700 cals. What was getting difficult was that I was trying to get in 170gm of protein into that number! And with the Conso add-ins, it is very difficult to hit 170g and stay within 1700cals. So now I just hit my protein macros (make sure I eat the egg whites :D) and don't bother about cals.

My sister said the same thing to me today. She worked from home yesterday (as niece wasn't doing too well) and she complained to me today about how she was eating every two hours out of boredom! And as she isn't doing Dukan (or any eating plan) her snack included chips and sandwiches :p.

When do you travel to the UK?

Elbow is much better thank you. I've anti inflammatoires to take for another week but I can bend it etc now at least (even if there are sharp pains occasionally boo).
I've had some terrible days and I'm trying to settle back into a rhythm. It's so much harder after a break!
I come home on July 3... then up to Cambs on 6th to see friends and family before the 7th Cambs start of Le Tour. D'où the we'll see anything!

I've really been on a rollercoaster since my return from holiday. (While good on holiday, I had a huge 2 day blow out once back... then a good 5 day week followed by an eat all you can while no one's looking 3 days last weekend when we had a bank holiday here).

Struggling to get a momentum going again between the weekdays... and the weekends. Here's hoping this will be a better one. Consciously counting in some treats this one in the hope it'll stop me raiding the cupboards...

Midnight kick off tonight... that'll be tough for early riser me!

Hi Jo I have been exactly the same since holiday. It's so hard not to weeken binge and now I don't really have anything to aim for apart from birthdays it is harder still. X

Book another holiday Vicky. It was such a great motivator and, now that I can see my trip to England on the horizon (July 3), I need to get properly inspired again. I stayed out of the cupboards last night when the urge took hold (cleaned my teeth!)

Back