If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

What about a healthy fry up, minus the eggs? You could have low cal sossies, bacon, toms and mushrooms (and baked beans, if they don't affect you later, nothing like pharfing in the office :D) - cook the night before and cut it all up so it's easy to eat out of a plastic container.

Or ham and celery and low cal cream cheese/cheese stick roll ups?

Oooh yes please I want to come on holiday with you too! Although you'd need a much bigger suitcase :D.

Hi Elanor......so remind me again, where are we all going for holidays??? I mean, it has to be a group thing doesn't it, we NEED each other to stay on the straight and narrow;)

I need to have a think about breakfast. Getting bored of porridge, and that leads to bad things like cheese twists from the shop round the corner from work!! Eggs are a no go, I have finally worked out they don't agree with me. It's only a stomach ache, but eating them isn't worth it. So, I need to have a think. It has to be something that is quick, easy, and that I can eat at my desk.

I am the EXACT same, I need something quick and easy and if possible warm and want to avoid too many eggs.

Hi everyone!

I am officially on holiday!!! It's a bit grey and chilly, but it's so peaceful!!! All I can hear is birds chatting! No cars, no noisy neighbours, just peace!

Food has been rubbish this week, but I think I have had a break through. I put on a pair of trousers the other day which have always been too big. But this time they were really tight! And that has given me a reality check. I'm still finding it difficult to eat well, but I'm at least thinking more about what I need to do. So when my holiday is over, then it is going to be a fresh start for my weight loss journey!

I hope you are all well. I'll try and catch up with some diaries this week.

Hello Everyone!

I'm home from beautiful Cornwall. I could of easily stayed, it was just lovely! I'm not ashamed to admit I nearly shed a tear on the long drive home. It was a much needed break. Lots of reading and relaxation. I now can't believe I have to go back to work on Monday!!

Last night I made a decision. I have re-joined Weight Watchers.....Again!! I'm hoping for 3rd time lucky. They have got a special 3 month offer on, one month free and a free cook book, so I thought I might as well give it a go. I've been reading the plan on and off all day, and made a shopping list for tomorrow.

This week I've eaten badly, but the actual amounts of what I've had have been less than usual. Still a lot, but less than in the past. I also seem to be naturally cutting down my alcohol intake, which I plan on continuing with. My dad was an alcoholic, and I really don't want to go down that path which at the moment I am in danger of doing. Plus cutting out the booze will instantly cut out a ton of calories each week.

So I shall crack this! I have to, as the way I am now is just making me miserable. I just need to actually believe in myself for once.

Welcome back lovely El!!! So pleased you had a wonderful time, it sounds perfect, just chilling and relaxing :).

I think the WW join is a great move - there is absolutely a plan for everyone and I just bet this is yours!

I know exactly what you mean re alcohol too, I felt really worried about my consumption - and since I gave up (can't believe it's been four months now) I feel so much better, and i wake up on the weekend raring to go (well, sort of lol) and getting much more done.

You can do this El - keep trying to remember that wonderful feeling you get when you hop on the scales and see you've lost weight - if only we could spray it on like a perfume :). Big hugs my love, you have a bright positive future ahead - turn your face to the sun (when the bloody thing eventually appears again :classic_roll_eyes:) and give yourself a big cuddle every day, and then give yourself one from me too xx

Aww, thank you Susie :) I'm feeling good about WW this time. Well done on 4 months without alcohol, that's fantastic!! I would be happy if I could go back to having one bottle a week on a Friday. I used to enjoy it, now it's so different. I think the first step is realising something needs to change, I've done that so now I need to cut down.

The next few months I plan on focusing on being positive. I am going to step up the job hunt, as I am dreading going back tomorrow. I don't enjoy it. I've always been the type of person who needs to enjoy their job, and I need to work out what is going to make me happy. Life is too short for not liking what you do.

Food is planned for the next few days. Lots of protein and veg. Breakfast is sorted as well. I'm going for a sandwich thin with smoked salmon, soft cheese and rocket! One dinner of turkey mince and sweet potato chilli with spinach and broccoli rice, another of chicken with rocket and new potatoes. Also going to get some of the skinny noodles, Sainsbury sell the Bare Naked ones for £2 a pack, so going to try those, maybe in a butternut squash soup for lunch. And typing that, I've just realised I've not thought about lunches. But there is going to be left over chicken, chilli and also soup so I should be ok.

Right, feeling organised, which makes a change!! Hopefully work tomorrow doesn't send me to wine and pizza!!

The alcohol step is fantastic - well done love! Today is the 7th anniversary of the day my grandad was taken to hospital 8 times over the drink drive limit. He'd been an alcoholic from the late 1940's all the way through to 2011 and he's now essentially unable to do a thing for himself but blink. Not that I'm saying that you're that bad love (or that old ;) ) but just that I understand about alcoholism :) I'm not teetotal, if I want a drink I have one, but I've never been a huge fan of alcohol full stop because of him and his actions.

Well done also for rejoining WW - another positive step. Keeping everything crossed for you

Thank you ladies :)

Sorry to hear about your Granddad Sunny. Alcohol can be an awful thing. My dad was an alcoholic for as long as I can remember, and even before then. It pretty much ruined my childhood. Which is why I need to get a handle on it now, before it owns me.

I can confirm, that today has been a success!! Stayed on plan, and within my points, and even though work was really crappy today I did not buy wine! Even had some chocolate!! Tomorrow is all sorted. Left over chilli for lunch, smoked trout, cream cheese and rocket in a sandwich thin for brekkie and I have a mango and watermelon pack as well. I'm feeling very proud of myself this evening.

Well, the week went down hill. I made poor choices due to not planning the 2nd half of the weeks dinners. So ended up eating a lot of pasta with cheese!! Then last night I went out and had fish and chips with 2 pints of beer down the pub. One positive is that instead of ignoring what I was doing, all food has been logged on my WW account. Yesterday was an impressive 91 points!!! My daily allowance is 33! And because Wed and Thurs were bad, my weekly points had already been used up, so they weren't there as a buffer.

But, I weighed in this morning, and luckily I am 3lbs down! I think I got lucky, but I'm taking it! Today I am going to get out the recipe books and make a list of my favourite meals, then make a plan from that. For once I am not going to let a few bad days turn into a bad week, then month!

Well done for logging everything sweetie, that's really fab, and love the loss already!

Planning really is the key, so enjoy the recipe books and putting together a menu - brilliant!

Hello!
I was thinking it was time to update my diary. With me, silence means things are not going well. I've struggled a lot the last couple of weeks. Work has been rubbish, anxiety has been trying to take over me and I have just been hiding away at home stuffing my face!

End of last week I was all ready to give up on Weight Watchers, but today I have had a brainwave which has made me feel better. WW do a No-Count version of their plan which is not dissimilar to Slimming World. I was thinking of going back to SW, but as I am paying for WW and the No-Count is similar I am sticking with WW.

I am hoping that a more straight forward plan will help, as having to count nearly everything was doing my head in! When it comes to losing weight I don't lose well under pressure.

I have also downloaded the Couch to 5k app on my phone. I'm not ready to do it yet, but it's there ready for when I am.

I'm also hating this hot weather! Being 20st and the temp being around 25 degrees is not a good combo! I can't wait for winter!

Hi Eleanor, I've been wondering where you were and if work was going OK for you. It had been very hot lately and I have been finding it very sticky in work in a uniform.

Weather is awful. My office is so hot it's ridiculous! I have a fan on my desk, it's better than nothing, but it's still too hot.

Not the best day today. I was very disorganised, so no breakfast or lunch planned. By lunchtime I was really hungry so had a chicken mayo and chorizo sub roll from the Co-Op. No idea on WW points as I could't even find anything similar on the app, so counting 20 points. Dinner was a SW recipe for baked bean lasagne! I like it, even though it's a bit odd. I had to use 3 points for that because of the mozzarella. Otherwise it would of been free.

29/5/2018

Lunch - Chicken mayo and chorizo sub - 20 points

Dinner - Baked Bean lasagna - 3 points.

Weeklies - 23/42 used

Hi sweetie!

I think it's brilliant that you shared the struggle you were having and then that you got back on the wagon and are ploughing ahead with WW - so proud of you xxx

I like the baked bean lasagne too - but it is a bit odd lol. Sainsburys do butternut squash sheets which you could use instead of pasta.

Thank you Susie xx

I agree that the baked bean lasagne is odd :) I used wholewheat lasagne sheets, as you don't need to count wholewheat pasta on WW-No Count plan. I did add slices of courgette to decrease the pasta. I love using courgette in lasagne ever since I tried the Tom Kerridge low carb one. I've not tried the butternut squash sheets, so may try those at some point.

It's been an up and down week this week. I have had a few on plan meals, and a few off plan meals. Today is a new day, and is also the start of my WW week where my weekly points reset. I think part of my problem this week is that I tried to get back on it part way through the week, and in my head it didn't feel right to use the weeklies as I was already way over them, so it felt pointless. As it is now a fresh week psychologically it feels easier.

Back