If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

I wish I had made the coffee mousse! It was a Sainsbury Taste the Difference one. It's feels very indulgent.

The campfire stew I make uses gammon, chopped onion and red pepper, with 2 tins of baked beans, garlic and smoked paprika. It's very yummy.

Today was a rubbish day! Work was awful, I had a horrible phone call, which I annoyingly let get to me. So bought wine on the way home, as you do! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Another week done! Rubbish food-wise, I had pizza! And lots of other bad things. Tomorrow is the start of a new week! I have charged up my Fitbit, to try and motivate me to move more. Which is my focus for this week.

I'm finding the most difficult thing at the moment is deciding what to eat. It's not an issue if it's unhealthy stuff, but when it's healthy meals, I can never decide what I want. I have a good selection of recipe books, but I never feel like making any of it. So I need to focus on that too.

I am going to try and update on here more this week as well. Hopefully it will help if I get back to writing things down more often.

Here's to a good day tomorrow!!

I know what you mean about food, there are days when I have no interest in cooking beyond soup.

Hellooo!!

I'm back! Again! Well, I've been lurking for ages, but I'm only now feeling happy enough to post. I'm not 100% on it, but I'm feeling more positive than I was. I've been struggling a lot recently with my anxiety etc, and everything that goes with it, but I think I'm finally coming out the other side.

I've been done a lot of thinking this last week. I've learned a lot about macro nutrients, and tracking them. I've figured out how to track them using them on MFP alongside calories. My main focus at the moment is just eating better, but also I'm going to be tracking my Macros, but with calorie counting as a back up. I'm feeling positive about this, as I really need to do something. My back is really bad at the moment, after just a few minutes of standing I'm in pain. Also, clothes are not fitting as I want them too, and my self esteem is at rock bottom. So this has to be it!!

I really need to use this site more. I feel quite alone at the moment, and this place has been so good for me in the past!

It's so lovely to see you back Ellie! Consider this as your friendly place, the place where you know you'll always get a big hug, reassurance and support, my lovely xxx

Really pleased you've got a plan that feels good to you. I don't know much about macros - will read up!

Thank you lovely ladies :)

Due to the snow, I have not been out anywhere, so food hasn't been brilliant! Thankfully I already had the week off work, so I didn't have to even try and get in.

Back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to it! I've pretty much been a hermit for the last week and a half, and the thought of leaving the house is stressing me out. But it will be good for me to get back into a proper routine, and actually see real people, instead of just watching them on the telly.

Today I am going to plan out food for the week, so that I can go shopping after work tomorrow. Might go out today, but will see how I feel. On top of the anxiety rearing it's ugly head, I have a head cold which is not helping. Quite tempted to be lazy and get an Amazon Prime delivery. Now the ice is gone I wouldn't feel guilty for having someone deliver me things.

I'm feeling quietly confident about using MFP and tracking macros alongside calories. I think it is going to help me make better choices, as with calories alone it's easier to choose the easy options, rather than things with nutritional value. The only obstacle is going to be myself!

This has to be my turning point. I really can't go on as I am, I am not healthy and it's making me miserable and is probably why my anxiety is how it is.

Didn't mean to ramble on like that! It feels good to write it all down though.

This week is going to be a good week!!

Ramble away love, this is your diary :D.

Sorry to hear about the cold, that doesn't help - so definitely get your home delivery. I do it with grocery (and other) shopping all the time, helps me control what I put in my basket!

Hiya , I'm using mfp alongside SW - trying to follow the SW plan but if I can't i'm just going by calories - it seems to be working :)
I upgraded to the premium and you can also get 'time stamps' so you can log what time you're eating which could help to find 'danger zones'
Make sure you don't have too less calories - you need a certain amount to just 'live' and 1200 calories would prob be too little .
you need to aim for 50-55% carbs , 30-35% Fats, and 10-15% protein. try to base your meal around your carbs first - you need carbs for energy - and too much protein will get stored as fat if in excess and not used as energy.
Have you tried using a portion control plate ? They're good ( The 2 women who helped me on my course borrowed mine for a week and they were surprised at what they thought was a portion compared to the reccommendation)
One of these..
https://shop.diabetes.org.uk/produc...YBmJZ19iqaw90gK-U4MnWjn3xGUFKRvRoCkxcQAvD_BwE
Unlock your diary in settings to have friends view only and I will be able to see what you have - my diary is unlocked for friends to view.
did you join the gym you said you were going to?
If not you could try going for some brisk walks to start - stick some headphones on - good playlist and go :)
Good luck - you need a bit of determination and commitment - and don't worry if you have minor slips

I decided against the delivery. Just going to raid the cupboards and freezer today. Then do a proper shop tomorrow.

Hi Denn! Good to see you on here.
I have my cals set at 1756, based it on that calculation that takes into account cals needed to maintain current weight and minus 20%. And, 1756 doesn't feel too scary, 1200 cals would completely put me off. I have looked again at my macro % after what you wrote. For some reason the site I used to help calculate them set protein as the biggest %. So now carbs are the highest. I've also read the articles on MFP.

I think my MFP diary is open for friends to look at, I think we must of linked up on there years ago as I can see yours. My name is Miss_M21 on there.

I'll look into getting one of those plates. Portion control is something I struggle with, as well as stopping eating when I am full. I just keep going!!

I didn't join the gym. Anxiety got the better of me. But, I have been looking at it this morning. My head knows it will be a good thing for me to do, I need to get over my insecurities and just do it. I also need to buy some gym appropriate clothing. Need a decent bra, but the price for the size I need may mean selling a kidney!

1756 is a good calorie amount to start with - shouldn't be that restrictive :)
I can't see anything on your mfp profile at the moment ... each persons profile is different -it's in the setting on who can view your diary (food diary)- some poeples are open to friends(or everyone) like mine is open to friends and some peoples aren't as some friends on there I can't view their diaries - they're always interesting to browse i find :)
the stopping eating when full is something you will have to learn to control - I still go on a binge every now and then , but they are less than they used to be- luckily !
you could do some exercise at home to start ? until you feel less conscious about going to the gym - there's plenty of stuff on youtube

Eleanor, I got a great sport bra on Sports Direct at a very reasonable price...in fact they even had a better deal if you bought two. I need an E cup and the local sport shop would have been charging me over € 60.
Hope the anxiety eases and you can get out, it really becomes a viscous circle.

Denn, It could be that what little I had put on I didn't click 'complete diary' for. I have now, so you might be able to see it. Still a work in progress, but moving in the right direction.

Thanks Tipp, unfortunately I need a bit bigger than standard shop sizes. It's a right pain! It was much easier when I was 6 stone lighter.

I'm finding the anxiety a bit easier now I'm back at work. Had horrible knotty feeling in my chest for on my way in, but is eased off.

Last couple of days have been ok. I need to get better at lunches! I've bought lunch both days this week. On the plus side it gets me out the office for a walk. I've logged on MFP, but I'm sure I've forgotten a couple of things.

Hi All. Sorry for going quiet again. I have been poorly, and haven't been up to much recently. Thankfully I am more or less feeling better. I have been off food recently, so I'm hoping I can go back to eating properly, but without the desire for huge portions!!

Stress and anxiety seem to be the prevalent in my life at the moment. I think a lot of it is work related. I'm not happy there, and I need to find something else. I've been trying to catch up with my workload for what feels like months, and I never seem to be able to. And I know when I go back tomorrow after having most of last week off there will be even more to do. I went in Thursday after 2 days off, and my work hadn't been covered, usually it is when people are off. So that means tomorrow will be horrible, as I was then off on Friday, it was stupid going in on Thursday. I feel like the one that helps out others, but when it comes to helping me out no one can be bothered. The thought of going in tomorrow makes me want to cry, and I'm already getting the knotty feeling in my stomach.

I've been trying to do a cover letter to go with my CV for a job that sounds ideal for me! But I'm struggling with the whole being positive about myself. I'll get it done though. I need to!!

That's tough. I've been writing lots of job applications and found it hard to change the cv and cover letter to suit all the random things I have been applying for. It's just a cade of finding 30 minutes when you can just tackle it head on and get it done. And even when its hard to be thinking positive about it force yourself to as the outcome will be positive.
Hard I know, our minds can be our own worst enemy.
Happy thoughts for you Eleanor.

El sweetie I think you're completely right to look for another role, one that doesn't stress you out at all - so well done for tackling that, to start with.

Re the covering letter, I've done a million of them and I find it's best to keep them quite short. Be succinct and to the point, just say "I'm good at..." and then do dot points or dashes. Think about your skills with people - you're a lovely person and people naturally warm to you - plus things like, are you good with money/managing budgets? Do you work as a team member or on your own - or both? Do you like working on projects or regular jobs? And so on.

Happy to read over/proof read, etc xxx

Back