if doing ee how do you get your 1/3rd superfree in

gonnabesmall

is doin this
i am doing ee and really enjoying it but as my 1/3rd always seems to be salad ie lettuce ,tomatoes and cucumber or if a savoury meal brocolli,or cauli or carrots,

what do you all put in salads to liven them up a bit

what do you have for your 1/3rd superfree

did make coleslaw last week and that made a lovely change to salad ,i filled it with cabbage,red onion,spring onion,red cabbage and carrot....saved me having to have my boring limp salad:D

be great if you could leave comments on what you have ,fresh ideas,new inspiration

I eat loads of superfree. I add Beetroot, celery, peppers, spring onions, red onion, carrots (better raw than cooked imo) to my salads, plus i have this salad sprinkle which is a mix of spices & herbs which makes it more interesting. Sometimes green beans as well. I also have superfree fruit for brekkie most days. You can also sub potatoes for butternut squash ( lovely roasted & mashed).

I do salad quite a lot but with LOADS of extras, grated carrot, sweetcorn, peppers and fresh herbs are all good! Also something like a ratatouille (courgettes, peppers onion etc in tomato sauce) is a good side for a lot of dishes, or root veg chips made in the same way as the usual SW ones with carrot, parsnip and sweet potato are good! Hope this helps! :)

gonnabesmall said:
there see,2 lovely slimming worldies with 2 brand new ideas that id never of thought of

like the sound of the salad sprinkles,what are they called and are they synned?

They are a schwartz salad topping - syn free as well :) . They are with the spices & herbs in the supermarket.

is this them
0028822_300.jpg

I love roasted veggies.......chopped up butternut squash, carrots, baby courgettes, red onions, peppers & mushrooms......spray with Spraylight, season with salt, black pepper & a sprinkling of Splenda.....roast in a hot oven for approx 30 - 45 mins depending on taste......think that will cover your 1/3 superfree...enjoy!

i am doing ee and really enjoying it but as my 1/3rd always seems to be salad ie lettuce ,tomatoes and cucumber or if a savoury meal brocolli,or cauli or carrots,

what do you all put in salads to liven them up a bit

what do you have for your 1/3rd superfree

did make coleslaw last week and that made a lovely change to salad ,i filled it with cabbage,red onion,spring onion,red cabbage and carrot....saved me having to have my boring limp salad:D

be great if you could leave comments on what you have ,fresh ideas,new inspiration

I love a fruit salad for brekkie, usually pineapple, satsumas, strawberries, grapes & apple topped with mullerlight yogurt & a broken Alpen light bar.

If I have cereal for brekkie then I try to snack on fruit throughout the morning to make up my 1/3 superfree.

My salads are always full of lots of speed foods, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, spring onion, pickled onion, pickled cabbage, beetroot, radish, peppers, new potatoes etc.

As for dinners I fill my plate again with lots of vegetables and try to vary them each day. The more colourful, the better lol.
If I make spag bol or chilli too, I also put in tons of different free foods to bulk it out xxxx

I always have fruit for breakfast & snack on fruit during the day. For lunch I'll usually make couscous/pasta/rice/noodles & add, tomaotes, peppers, cucumber, beetroot, leeks, grated carrot whatever veggies I fancy & just add whatever seasoning I fancy, say curry, italian, pepper.

I really like couscous made with bovril, add cheese (hexa), pickled onions & tomatoes:D

Broccoli, red pepper, courgette, baby sweetcorn - all chopped up really small then pour over some balsamic vinegar. Great alterntive to the usual lettuce!

Breakfast, If i have cereal I will have a piece of fruit afterwards. If I have a cooked breakfast I will cook fresh tomatoes (or tinned) and lots of mushrooms to bulk it out

Lunch, if I have a salad I try and use as many different pieces of veg as poss to make it interesting. I also sprinkle Schwartz pefect shake fennel seed, tomato and basil on to it to make it even more tasty!

Dinner, Lots of different veg, I try and add different colours to my plate so it looks and tastes appetising

pickles - beetroot, onions, gerkins etc good for salads and snacks, raddish, peppers, sliced grapes in and apple on salad very nice

if you make sauces for pasta or meat, currys etc don't forget u cant count things like tinned toms, pasatta as super free. when making tom based sauce i often put in a grated carrot adds to your superfree

roasted carrots, bns or turnip/swede instead of potatoes

also my consultant said to me when i was struggling a bit with EE to think about my overalll food intake for the day and as long as 1/3 over the whole day was superfree then this is fine, so i only snack on superfree when doing ee to make sure i get 1/3 over the day and normally have fruit before or fater my meals

xx

Someone at my group told me about this forum, and she said that the best thing she had read on it was someone saying that the easiest way to make sure you got enough superfree was to plan the vegetables you were going to eat before you think about the protein/carbohydrate part of the meal.

For instance, you could say to yourself 'I am going to have squash and carrots and green beans, what shall I have with them, oh yes I will have some chicken', rather than saying 'I am having chicken, what vegetables shall I have with it?'

Sounds a bit silly, because you end up with the same thing on your plate, but it does seem to work and I find myself planning my meals around the vegetables now.

Back