If I bite it, I write it!

krupskaya

Gold Member
Hello all you lovely peeps. I started five weeks ago and true to that saying I've been using a paper food diary to record everything I eat and drink. This helps me to keep a note of syns used, HExs and so on...

Well as of today I've started a new meeting and when I asked for some more food diaries the consultant said that after few weeks food diaries are discouraged except with permission for particular people (whom I don't know). She gave me a couple and instead of supplying me more told me to get them photocopied at my own expense.

This seems a bit tight to me. I do find food diaries very useful but I guess it might be SW reasoning that when you eat normally you don't write it all down. Who knows...

Anyway, does anyone here use food diaries on an ongoing basis? Or did you stop after a few weeks? Be very interested to know! Thanks in advance, ZXXX

I have a little note book I use during the day when at work, and also I use the online food diary which is fab! Never use the paper ones and my SW woman has never asked to see mine which is a bit poo seeing as Im a new member.

She is quite right, my consultant does the same. She says they are a consultant's tool to help you when you are struggling. You get them for 4 weeks so they can make sure you are following the plans correctly and to see if they can help you.
The only time you get them after that is if you are struggling and it's to help her to help you. If you think you are doing everything correctly and still not losing, she will give you a diary.
There's nothing to stop you writing in a book, lots of us do but I don't think she's being tight by not giving you any.

Apparently SW don't encourage us to write everything down all the time, it's not "normal" behaviour.

I have a little note book I use during the day when at work, and also I use the online food diary which is fab! Never use the paper ones and my SW woman has never asked to see mine which is a bit poo seeing as Im a new member.
You should have 4 diaries in your pack and these should be handed to your consultant (or WI lady) for the first 4 weeks. I am the WI lady at my group and I make a point of asking the new members for their diaries.
The consultant should tell you this at the welcome meeting, and although I know mine does, people still forget!

Thankyou Jaylou and Chicaloca. I'll just use a little notebook to keep track of everything. Will be more useful to take out when out and about etc anyway. I suppose I need to get in training for not writing everything down though, as it's certainly not ordinary behaviour. It just makes me feel more in control though. The friend I joined with is the complete opposite - she has not written a thing in five weeks and her progress is amazing. SO it's horses for courses I expect...Thankyou again for taking the trouble to reply. XXX

I wrote everything down for almost 18 months!! As I've gone out of target I've started writing it down again as it does help.

You should have 4 diaries in your pack and these should be handed to your consultant (or WI lady) for the first 4 weeks. I am the WI lady at my group and I make a point of asking the new members for their diaries.
The consultant should tell you this at the welcome meeting, and although I know mine does, people still forget!

I didnt get any diaries nor was I asked to hand a food diary in at all. Strange how they all do things differently. Sometimes you have to wonder about consistency of service between classes. I was told I should have received a book for SOTW and SOTM (some summer booklet) though I have asked my consultant twice via email I have yet to receive a reply about it.

I made my own food diary because the official one is too small for my wandering handwriting! It is just done on a word processor on an A4 sheet.

I really do need to write things down, otherwise I just forget that I have eaten them. It can come as quite a surprise to me that I have already eaten two B choices!

Hee hee hee Avisk! Yes, I don't think I could trust my own brain to remember what I'd eaten earlier in the day - I've got a memory like a sieve!

I've found writing it down on here is enough for me. I have to do it daily though as otherwise I forget what I've eaten.

Back