if I have to - diet coke or coke zero?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by broxi, 11 June 2009 Social URL.

1. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I go on holiday will it be possible to have a wee diet coke once in a while? what is the best between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wannabeelovely

Wannabeelovely Silver Member

Hi Gorgeous Broxi!! From what I've read on here, Coke Zero seems to be the best option although the official booklet thingy doesnt mention it. Opinion seems to be a bit divided doesnt it? Apparently, diet coke has citrus in it which kicks you out of ketosis but zero doesnt. I'm a bit confused myself about it!!!!! xxx

4. kelster

kelster Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi, My CDC said you can have 1 can for Coke Zero every day ??? Hope this helps xx

5. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Diet Coke contains citric acid which has been proven to knock people out of ketosis. Coke Zero contains malic acid which is ok it seems. Cambridge used to include Coke Zero in the official book thing, but it seemed some people were very sensitive to it and still got knocked out of ketosis. I personally seem to be fine with it, I suggest you have a glass, and see how it affects you.

xxx

6. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    And see if you still like it...I was a diet coke/pepsi/zero/max addict before CD-was craving it one day so bought a coke zero, took one sip...and hated it.Tried one more sip just in case but still hated it-not had any since and definitely not craving it now.

7. drlarios

drlarios Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm not sure exactly why but there is a strong correlation between diet coke and obesity. It is not understood why I don't think and I think it maybe true to other carbonated drinks but a lot of people appear to develop something of an addiction to diet coke. I'm sure if you can stop at one then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know whether it is a chemical reaction or whether it increases cravings. In the NHS I see a lot of obese people and also lots of anorexic people.
    Just food for thought - it made me decide to ditch the coke and replace with water.

8. drlarios

drlarios Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Its also worth considering the health impact of consuming a lot of nutrisweet which has been shown to be neuro toxic (in rats I believe) and has been banned in many other countries.

Sorry I am full of doom and gloom!! :(

9. no mercy

no mercy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.81%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet followed by slimming world
    i have coke zero once in a while - but i know from when i did cd before and when it was allowed, that it doesnt knock me out of ketosis.... to be honest I have it more as an occasional treat and do make sure I drink lots of water with it just in case :)

10. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Oh I was definitely addicted to diet coke-I used to drink over 2 litres a day.

Last edited: 12 June 2009
  11. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i had 1 coke zero a day whilst on hols and 1 sparkling water a day, 1 costa coffee and 3 litres of water with flavoring, the coke zero did leave me feeling bloated though. xxx

12. Asa

Asa Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I sure used to be a diet coke/coke zero addict as well, up to 2 liters a day. Now I don't miss it at all! It feels great and I feel free of the addiction. I sure don't want to go back to drinking that much, and spend a lot of money on something that isn't good for me at all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.