If I scream.................

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 12 September 2006 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    ...............ignore me.

It's just that I know it's the 'big' spider season and there is one in this room somewhere.

Son is asleep upstairs and DH is at work.

I just can't bring myself to kill them, so I'll scream.

Just wanted to warn you incase you wondered where the noise was coming from.[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

We have a ruddy family of them that trek across the carpet every evening - UGH!!!! :eek:

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Ye gahds DQ :(

I believe it's the males that come out looking for the females.

The females are probably in my bed.[​IMG]

5. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Is it a Leggy Brenda or a Hairy Jeremy?

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    LOL.

Definitely Hairy Jeremy:eek:

7. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    You should put in an obsticle course for them one evening as a bit of entertainment, you know like they do for squirrels :D

8. Scotty

Scotty Member

I gather they are bigger and hairier this year because it has been so hot (distant memory :rolleyes: ) but it is the Daddy-Long-Legs I hate....all that flitting and fluttering about you aaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I must confess that when OH isn't around to deal with a spider, I have hoovered them up with the hoover attachment. And then dropped the attachment and run off shrieking.

9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Hahahaahah - am larfing my bazookas off yet feel all shivery and yukky at the same time just thinking about the pesky things!!

Yes - spiders are deffo bigger this year cos of the heat - it was on GMTV so it must be true lol.

And the blurkie said that our phobias to them are totally natural cos of our survival instinct - which makes me feel a bit better! I'm so bad with them that I can't even look at the spider crabs in the bluddy aquarium!!!

I once lived in a basement bedsit and was asleep on the bed one day. When I opened my eyes, a MASSIVE spider was sitting on my shoulder, watching me!!!

I freaked and bounced off the ceiling! Managed eventually to get the monster with hairspray - it was the only thing I could find in my panic!

I hated that bedsit! In the shower room soon afterwards, I found a big, fat black fecker who was very, very still. It stayed there for ages - I crept on tiptoes around it, frightened to breathe in case I woke it up - until I finally couldn't bear it anymore.

I stealthily approached it like Steve Irwin, with a coathanger in one hand and a saucepan in the other, and gently nudged it with the coathanger so that when it scuttled off, I could catch it in the saucepan and lob it out the window.

It exploded!!!!!

I was GIPPING as I had to clean up the mess! What was all THAT about???!?!?!??!?!?!?

BBLUEEEUURGHHGHGHGHGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Terrorists? A new carrier for a bomb?

What will they think of next:confused:

11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

PMSL :D :D

12. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OOh I never thought of that lol - I wondered why my hair was standing on end and my face covered with soot!

I rather think the spider must have been dead for some time - ugh!

13. Fireflies_UK

Fireflies_UK Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I hate spiders... but have to be brave as my kids don't like them either now!

Always makes me shudder when they say that we swallow spiders while sleeping....

14. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Relax. It's not true :)

15. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Not on Sole Source you don't. I think tou have to wait for the 1000 cal plan, because of the carbs.

16. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    No Brad. Only white meat on 1,000 cals isn't it, and you have to take the skin off first (though is sounds like Isobel had already done that:D )

17. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

(*am vomiting into my keyboard*)

Thanks for that, KD!!! LMTO!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Ahhh...really know the answer to this one :)

If you are vomitting it might be the high concentration of vitamins and minerals in one go.

Best to space it out. Perhaps 1 leg at a time...(or 2 if you need a bit of a binge!)

Of course, there are people that eat the whole lot in one sitting....the true bingers. I always advise them to stop between each leg and ask themselves "do they really need another....are they really hungry....or is it just the mind playing tricks"

I really did ought to become a CDC with the knowlege I possess about these things :rolleyes:

20. lardass

lardass Silver Member

Diet:
    seefood
    Can you eat the web ?

21. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

Yes you can, but not if you plan to have a bar that day. And remember you will need to drink an extra half litre of water as well.

22. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

Horror!

Am off to london zoo to do their program about spiders - they are the bain of my existance...little do they know...

Ivy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.