If it's not making you smile, then it's really not worth while.

vegemite

So, I've had a diary before and I've done Slimming World before. Loads of times but I haven't stuck to it properly for ages.

This time is it. I'm tired of feeling miserable because I'm not the weight/size I want to be, because I can't fit into the clothes I want wear and because I'm eating the wrong things.

So starting tomorrow I'm going to commit to writing here and putting down what I'm eating. I have to make myself accountable!

Looking forward to Reading about it all then!! X

Thanks Cai

Today has started well.
I'm reading The Beck Diet book which is proving to be really helpful. It's not a diet but gets you to think differently about food and dieting. I just have to make sure that I read it daily and do the tasks.

I stayed away from the tea and coffee at church..there are just far too many temptations biscuits and cakes. I don't really like them but it seems the most natural thing in the world to get a cup of coffee and then a cake!

So food wise...I'm going to be doing EE cause it's less to think about

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs on a wholemeal slice of toast & banana

Lunch: Chicken, sweetcorn & barley soup & apple & satsuma

Dinner: (still to be decided)

Last edited:
well done for starting your soup sounds yum! I look forward to seeing your progress xx

Had Uni yesterday and I accidentally left an hour too early, meaning I didn't eat breakfast and I didn't get time to make lunch to take with me, so food was a disaster. I thought i would then skip tea last night as I wasn't very hungry...but no i stuffed that in too.

So, today is another day..in fact it's weigh in day. I'm not expecting to lose and I'd be surprised to stay the same but I'm going to go.

I'm at home today so no excuse to not make good decisions about food. I've decided from now on to work on one day at a time.

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast & banana
Lunch: Soup & fruit
Tea: (not sure yet)

I'll be eating tea after weigh in so I'll decide then what to eat.

Went to weigh in last night and surprise, surprise I lost 2 1/2 lbs. I can't quite believe it and it's really set me up for the week.

I'd love to know when the cravings for junk food and pastry go....I have to really work hard at not giving in, but with that loss last night I really want to get stuck in, so a day at a time.

Food today:

Breakfast: Banana on wholemeal toast
Lunch: Soup & fruit
Dinner: Beefy mince, potatoes & peas.

I'm really looking forward to my dinner, It's going to be really yummy!

I've just signed on to be told that it's been a week since I was last online :( I'm so rubbish at this.

So it's not been a great week eating wise and I didn't go to weigh in. There has been stuff going on at home and I've allowed it to get in the way. :sigh:

So, from today I've realised that actually whatever others may be doing and however that may make me feel, I need to focus on me.

So, this is it. Another line drawn. The shopping has arrived so from tomorrow I shall be getting back on track. :D

Today is a new start. I'm working on a day at a time so today is just about getting through today.

I'm going to be sticking to my previous plans of eggs and fruit for breakfast and soup and fruit for lunch. Less to think about.

Generally I'm feeling okay. Determined to put myself first for a change, at least in regards to health.

I still have my Beck Diet Book to read today, so I will get that done next and then it's a bit of housework, breakfast and a Uni assignment. I'm a little concerned that the stress of the assignment could send me down a bad eating track but I'm going to try to stay focused.

So, it's EE today. Healthy Extras are 250ml semi milk and 57g wholemeal bread.

Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast & banana
Lunch: Soup & apple, satsuma
Dinner: (Not sure yet. I have to look on my meal plan for this week and find something easyish)

Things still a little tough here and now Christmas is very much round the corner but I will do my best.
It's weigh in tonight...*gulp* and I'm going to a friend's for lunch.
She's cooking me curry and rice but it won't be slimming world. I'm just going to eat and enjoy!

Breakfast: eggs of some description
Lunch: curry & rice
Tea: will eat something after weigh in if I'm hungry

Weighed in last night and had a gain. To be expected really but it's a bit like a yoyo at the moment.

Will post my food later on because I'm not sure what I'm having yet...but I've got a cup of tea so far...

A new year, a new start, a new me!

I'm feeling motivated today so I'm hoping that will last me for a while into the new year, otherwise I'm just going to have to make good decisions, but however it works...this is my year!

I've had to change my weigh in day to a Monday, though it's the same consultant.

I weighed in last night and I've lost 2.5 lbs since last week. I still have to lose the weight that I've put back on, but it's a start.
we've been playing 'Just Dance' on the Wii which has been loads of fun and I'm sure that exercise has helped my weight loss too.

So, food today...it's an EE day.

Breakfast: Shreddies and an apple
Lunch: Veggie soup and I have some veggie rice to eat up too and fruit
Tea: Sausage casserole

My food today was very yummy, though I did eat the rest of a packet of Tim Tams that I got for Christmas. Think penguin bars. They were yummy but I did feel a bit ill after them all. Anyway, they are now gone.
I was all for writing the day off food wise after that but I didn't and I'm quite proud of myself. It could so easily have been a slippery slope.
I've realised that I'm not weighing and measuring properly. Well, my milk really so I'm going to make sure I do that from tomorrow.
I'm also not really counting and making a note of syns. I'm just guessing but I don't think that's very helpful so that's changing too.

So, my 9 Tim Tams at 5 syns each are 45 syns.
I also had 2 Tesco light choices cumberland sausages, another 2 syns there.

Total syns this week: 47

Another day starts with the ability to make good choices, food and otherwise.

I watched UK Biggest Loser last night. Gosh, they can lose some weight. I'm looking forward to see how much they lose next week. I'd love to lose a big chunk like that. How motivating.

I also did my 1000 sweat points on the Wii Just Dance game. It was fun. Though I had to argue with myself to get started.

More revision today..yuck! And I also need to get some food ordered and delivered.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and an apple
Lunch: Veggie soup and fruit
Tea: Turkey mince, onions, courgette, mushrooms, baked beans, chilli and rice/pasta

I measured my milk out this morning, but it's now all gone due to my weetabix so it'll be peppermint tea for me today.

Just had a re-think of today's food and my day is actually closer to a green day rather than extra easy, which means I can have another healthy extra of milk.....so, I'm now enjoying a yummy coffee.

I've taken the dog for a walk and eaten on plan. Revision, though, is proving more difficult. Perhaps I can only control one thing in my life at once :(

Yesterday was a good day eating and exercise wise. Not so good revision or husband wise...oh well.

Didn't sleep very well last night so I'm quite tired today and it's windy and wet outside but I'm still going to try to get out and take the dog for a walk.

Shopping delivery is coming this morning too so I'm set up for the rest of the week.
I'm feeling positive and focusing on one day at a time.

Food today: Green day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix and an apple

Lunch: Veggie soup and fruit

Tea: Not sure yet. I'll decide what I feel like when the shopping arrives

2 Healthy extra a's of milk and a b of some kind of meat for this evening.

I've decided to go for potato, onion and bacon cakes served with baked beans. I may add some cheese and syn it, I've not decided yet. I also have some lettuce and cucumber to use up so I may pop that on my plate too.

Food going well today. Revision going okay until husband decided to start an IM conversation. Very difficult to concentrate when talk about your future....

Food was going well today as far as breakfast was concerned, but we went to a carvery for lunch which involved 2 pints of beer, a large yorkshire pudding, a sausage, roast potatoes and gravy.
The bright side is that I'm so full I doubt I'll eat anything else today but if I do get hungry, I've got some free veggie soup to eat up.

I really need to get sorted with eating out instead of letting my ability to make good food choices go out the window.

I just realised that while I have confessed, I haven't actually written down the syns and if I don't I'll end up pretending I didn't use them.

So, I think an EE day probably what I've had.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix & a banana
Lunch: Carvery: gammon, beef, sausage, large yorkshire, green beans, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes.

Syns:
2 pints of beer: 20
roast potatoes x 4: 12
cauliflower cheese:6
large yorkshire: 15

total: 53 (yikes!!)

Total for the week so far: 100

Back