'If not now, WHEN?'

Just cheese and beans nothing adventurous but it tasted wonderful. Same weight today as yesterday so I am happy with that after an UD. Got to go for an Indian lunch on Thursday on a DD aghhh!!! What can I have that won't look pathestic? Can't swap days around as Wed/Sat/Sun will be UDs due to meals out or cooking for guests.

Uh oh, I have no idea what you could have! Will have to have a google!

Yes I tried that but none of it is suitable for a DD! So I may just have one onion bharji which I love and that will be about 290 cals I think and reduce accordingly the next day. Shame as it's a lovely place and an all you can eat buffet! But too many UDs this week so I am not running off course for this.

I'm not sure I could resist an all you can eat buffet! I love indian! Good luck hun x

Hey great UD, that would count that as a MD well done. Oh no an indian on a DD cant think of any thing worse, they use loads of cream and fats...tastes good though. If its a buffet would they have salad too? My chinese buffet has a salad selection too maybe thats an idea with your bhaji x

Ive just found this, it may help

Indian Food
Lower-Fat Food
  • Tamata salat
  • Mulligatawny soup
  • Chicken or beef tikka
  • Tandoori chicken, beef or fish
  • Chicken, beef , and fish saag
  • Chicken, beef, and fish vandaloo
  • Shish kabob
  • Gobhi matar tamatar
  • Matar pulao
  • Steamed rice
  • Papadum or papad
  • Coriander, tamarind, and yogurt-based sauces
  • Chapati
  • Naan
  • Kulcha
  • Mango, mint, and onion chutney
Higher calorie food
  • Anything made with Ghee
  • Coconut soups
  • Samosas
  • Korma
  • Curries made with coconut milk or cream
  • Pakora
  • Creamy rice dishes
  • Fried breads

Oh wow thank you! And the salad yes will do.

Oh yum just had a delicious WW Beef Hotpot 209 cals - fantastic for a cold December DD night! Good day 382 cals total and hoping I can leave it at that.

Hoe, I just discovered Heinz Big Soup in a tin only 104 calories, these are great too in weather like this, it's like a meal in itself. Asda selling 3 for £2. I have this with a slice of nimble on my DD for my main meal.........very tasty and filling too.

382 cals......excellent!

Just a thought, check that the 104 cals is for the whole tin as often on soups they label the calorie amount on half a tin. That seems really good if it is the whole tin as the tins are bigger than the ww ones. I'm hoping it is the whole tin as I want to stock up, love my soups :)

Hi Ladies Had an UD yesterday no idea of cals and the first latte (skinny of course!) in four weeks and the most gorgeous lemon cake in Costa. Oh boy did that taste good and then of course wanted choc snack biscuits and caramel wafer.... hmmm the carbs really got me in a stranglehold yesterday but I enjoyed them all.

Today was the Indian day so I had two small bhajis and salad. Probably at the 500 cal level today (maybe more) including milk in drinks but that's ok and gonna try to leave it at that for today. My work colleague was fascinated when I told him about JUDDD and said he is going to give it a go till Xmas - I emailed him the Daily Mail article. He later text me to say he was munching on a sausage roll! So tomorrow I can help him through his first DD.

Tomorrow I am planning a proper DD in prep for the weekend! Now to catch up on your diaries and threads...

Last edited:
Oh YIPPEE YAI AY!!! Down one more pound today and this is such an important one for me. :bliss:
This is the weight I was over one year ago and since gaining it back it always felt like I was just trying to get back to where I was and that my losses were not real losses - just returning to a starting point. Well that is where I am today and SO happy! :woohoo: And to think I have eaten onion bhajis and lemon cake in the past two days - what a fantastic plan this is! So the real loss starts again now and boy does that motivate me. 4-6lbs more before Xmas I hope. Watch this space...

Oh YIPPEE YAI AY!!! Down one more pound today.
Congratulations Hoe,
25.gif

I'm glad you are seeing Results from your Efforts.

Okay the dreaded weekend of dinners and lunches has arrived! Beef Stifado tonight - never made it before but is lovely by all accounts followed by Nigella's Chocolate Nemesis and full roast tomorrow. Lord help me! Have a good weekend folks.

Well done on that all important 1lb Hoe! Woo-hoo, great going! It feels so good when we hit our milestones. Keep up the great work hun xxx

The weekend went well and I am shattered but the food all turned out great although the Chocolate Nemesis was way too much - should have done half the amount. I did step on the scales today and wished I hadn't! A little over a pound back on - can't bring myself to log it! How come that it really does take a week of saving 7000 calories to lose 2lbs but eat just 'normal-ish' for two days and 1.5lbs goes straight back on! There is no way I eat an EXTRA 5000 cals. :confused:

Also like I commented in Stirky's diary it is frightening how quickly we can revert to type when presented with an indulgent weekend. I truly believe a struggle with food and weight is the most cruel of addictions. One slip and we could be right back where we were. We spend weeks being textbook JUDDDers and suddenly one weekend or Christmas could have us at the mercy of food again. Yet we have to be in contact with it each and every day and make our peace with it. Imagine telling an alcoholic or smoker you must have one drink or one fag each day to survive but that's all! Hmmm wouldn't work too well would it?

One thing that was very disappointing was 4 people I have not seen in weeks did not notice I had lost any weight. That was SO disheartening. I told them about the diet and they asked if it had worked!!!

So back on DD with gusto to shift that 1.5lbs and more this week. Wishing you all a great week.

Last edited:
A good DD today - just a stuffed mushroom all day! Really hungry now but not going to give in - cup of decaf tea is taking the edge off it.

Wow I love this diet! One good DD and the damage limitation worked, the 1.5lbs is gone again and back to the magic number.

Supposed to be an UD today - will have what I want but just a bit of it. Like BrightAngel I seem to have much lower calories needs. I seem to manage a 2lbs a week loss only when I keep UDs to 1100 cals or so. I know that would normally be a MD but we gotta do what we gotta do. I don't feel deprived on that as it's surprising what you can pack in to those 1100 cals. I think it works because nothing is banned - just being sensible about quantity on UDs - especially to shift this planed weight before Xmas. Back later.

Hello Hoe

I'm really enjoying your diary. I'm not Judding myself (doing SW) but the concept fascinates me and it's interesting reading about your experience of it and the results. It is always another one to try when SW stops working! As they all do in the end... I do think our bodies need to be confused sometimes, which is probably why Judding works so well.

Anyway you're doing great! Hope the losses continue for you.

Back