• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

If the weightloss on 790 is

Ivy

Silver Member
more or less the same as SS...may i be as bold as to ask why? and also, as SS can be very hard, why is there a SS to begin with...

I hope that reads right. Can forumalte the words properly. am knackered.

Anyhoo, I hope you catch my drift.

Am very very curious!

Thanks.

Ivy

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Isobel1965

Gold Member
I think it's usually a slighter slower rate of weight loss for people on 790, as it's more cals per day but it's still classed as a vlcd, according to government guidelines as it's under 800 cals.

I believe that SS exists as it's the only way a lot of people can break their food addictions. Even with eating on 790, it can be truly horrific for people to control their portion sizes and stop themselves from bingeing/comfort eating.

For me, the only way out was to take food right out of the equation!

HTH

Lulu

Hi

I've been doing 790 for a week now (my 1st week on CD) my 1st weigh in is tomorrow but I reckon I've lost about 9-10lbs this week. I know what you mean about the ketosis thing -I'm not sure I've reached it - how can you tell without using a stick thing?

L

Lulu

.....not sure about the bad breath - nobody has passed out from me talking too close to them!! Maybe they were being polite :eek: my boyfriend is doing SS and has suffered from breath issues!!;)

As I'm always cold i can't say as I've noticed any change there.

I chose to do this plan as I didn't think I could cope not eating at all. I think I'll stick with it as I do appear to be losing weight. I'll let you know "officially" tomorrow after my weigh in!

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
more or less the same as SS...may i be as bold as to ask why? and also, as SS can be very hard, why is there a SS to begin with...

I hope that reads right. Can forumalte the words properly. am knackered.

Anyhoo, I hope you catch my drift.

Am very very curious!

Thanks.

Ivy
A perfectly reasonable question. ;)

To lose 1lb in a week you need to eat a deficit of 3,500 calories so the deficit need to be 500 a day 7 days a week to lose 1lb.

If you think about the calorie difference between the 2 programmes then there is a difference in weight loss.

Having lost my weight and now introducing food again, I too find it easier to abstain from conventional food entirely rather than trying to limit what I eat. Sole sourcing is a better option for me but the great thing about Cambridge is that is has such flexibility so that there is an option to suit many dieters. :)

canireallydothis!!

Gold Member
If I drank any more water I would drown!!!!

Gold spot for me!!!!!!!!

CW Consultant

Gold Member
Anything under 800 cals leaves you in a ketonic state. The difference is that the weightloss on the scale is spread differently. CD have looked into this and the weight loss across a month still is approx 1 stone the same as SS folks!

Tis true I have many following this plan.

Linda

Ivy

Silver Member
Thanks everyone!

I really wanted to put that baby to bed!

Cheers

Ivy