If the weightloss on 790 is

Ivy

Silver Member
more or less the same as SS...may i be as bold as to ask why? and also, as SS can be very hard, why is there a SS to begin with...

I hope that reads right. Can forumalte the words properly. am knackered.

Anyhoo, I hope you catch my drift.

Am very very curious!

Thanks.

Ivy

I think it's usually a slighter slower rate of weight loss for people on 790, as it's more cals per day but it's still classed as a vlcd, according to government guidelines as it's under 800 cals.

I believe that SS exists as it's the only way a lot of people can break their food addictions. Even with eating on 790, it can be truly horrific for people to control their portion sizes and stop themselves from bingeing/comfort eating.

For me, the only way out was to take food right out of the equation!

HTH

Although I am no expert I believe 790 can take several people out of ketosis.
This means you lose the feeling of well being ketosis produces and also can cause feelings of hunger making it even harder to judge portion sizes.

Hi

I've been doing 790 for a week now (my 1st week on CD) my 1st weigh in is tomorrow but I reckon I've lost about 9-10lbs this week. I know what you mean about the ketosis thing -I'm not sure I've reached it - how can you tell without using a stick thing?

L

.....not sure about the bad breath - nobody has passed out from me talking too close to them!! Maybe they were being polite :eek: my boyfriend is doing SS and has suffered from breath issues!!;)

As I'm always cold i can't say as I've noticed any change there.

I chose to do this plan as I didn't think I could cope not eating at all. I think I'll stick with it as I do appear to be losing weight. I'll let you know "officially" tomorrow after my weigh in!

more or less the same as SS...may i be as bold as to ask why? and also, as SS can be very hard, why is there a SS to begin with...

I hope that reads right. Can forumalte the words properly. am knackered.

Anyhoo, I hope you catch my drift.

Am very very curious!

Thanks.

Ivy

A perfectly reasonable question. ;)

To lose 1lb in a week you need to eat a deficit of 3,500 calories so the deficit need to be 500 a day 7 days a week to lose 1lb.

If you think about the calorie difference between the 2 programmes then there is a difference in weight loss.

Having lost my weight and now introducing food again, I too find it easier to abstain from conventional food entirely rather than trying to limit what I eat. Sole sourcing is a better option for me but the great thing about Cambridge is that is has such flexibility so that there is an option to suit many dieters. :)

If I drank any more water I would drown!!!!

Gold spot for me!!!!!!!!

Anything under 800 cals leaves you in a ketonic state. The difference is that the weightloss on the scale is spread differently. CD have looked into this and the weight loss across a month still is approx 1 stone the same as SS folks!

Tis true I have many following this plan.

Linda

Thanks everyone!

I really wanted to put that baby to bed!

Cheers

Ivy

Back