IF UR THINKING OF BINGEING .............

if only i had some willpower

i have being very bad ...eating chinese and indian takeaways this week and chocolate etc

oh i wish i know why i was so greedy and liked the wrong foods

good luck to you all

hi gobolino it makes it hard when u've got something on i'm lucky nothing to stop me staying on plan till christmas day (only my greediness lol) so stick to plan on days u can and i will try as well,
u can join us if u want stupid :)

Hiya I had a really bad day emotionally yesterday and dived into food. So much so I had 60 syns but I drew a line last night. Today I've got back on track and only used 5 syns.

I feel so proud of myself but also daft cos I know binging only makes.me feel bad and following the plan makes me feel good BUT I still have binge moments. Common sense just flies out the window lol

I feel so proud of myself but also daft cos I know binging only makes.me feel bad and following the plan makes me feel good BUT I still have binge moments. Common sense just flies out the window lol

i could have written this myself i think all of us that have posted on here feel the same its stupid we know we won't feel better having the binge but still go ahead and do it :d'oh:
good luck

i am feeling very pleased with myself fancied chocolate i have a load of crunchies in my fridge but did not have one went upstairs and read a magazine then decided i didn't want it after all yay

:bananalove:

i am feeling very pleased with myself fancied chocolate i have a load of crunchies in my fridge but did not have one
:bananalove:

Naughtie Naughtie - why do you have them in the fridge? :confused: Sorry if that sounds bad, but it would be easier if they weren't there.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and good luck with avoiding the crunchies! :wave_cry:

good question champ, i was allowing myself 1 a day as part of my syns they had them on offer 4 for £1 so bought 4 packs, then decided i would spend my syns on food incorporated with in my meals so my daughter and b/f have been munching them but there are still 2 packs left. i think i need to have temptation about i have to learn to control myself around food if i don't have it in the house i can go to the sweet shop a 1 min walk from my house (its open till 11pm) or would mix up meringue mix or cake mix and eat it raw so it doesn't mater what i do or don't have in the house i will find a sugary substitute i have to learn self control :eek: i hope you have a good xmas too

I LOVE this thread! This is so what i need right now. There is so much food in the house, we are one of those really irritating families that have months worth of food for Christmas. I live with my Nan, and so she thinks that we are going to run out of bread and milk because the shops shut for one day.
Last night, I had a kitkat :( It could have been a lot worse, and I think it is going to be. So I will try to remember this. It's already made me think. I have no idea why I binge sometimes, it's like there is two sides to me, you know when you see in a cartoon, and they argue with each other. That is me. The baddy always wins! Afterwards I always feel really crappy about it!
I need to just remember to take one day at a time. This week has been terrible, because once I think i have ruined it, i seem to carry on that way!

I've not binged but I have fallen off the wagon and and finding it hard to get back on. It's not down to lack of interest but at the moment I'm not really in control of things. We're doing last min shopping which means lots of eating out ask Macdonalds. I want to be back on SW struggling. Gonna try tomorrow and least I've had one good day since Monday :( I just don't want to give up and 'start again' after Xmas. Am I being too hard on myself?

Hello everyone I thought I would bump this thread up for new members who may not have seen this super thread, and for all us oldies who may have forgotten about it!!!

My dilemma today is: to peanut butter or not to peanut butter?

My boyfriend is making some peanut butter cakes for his brother and has purchased a jar and I LOVE it!!! Even before Slimming World I used to avoid buying it because I can literally eat spoonfuls of the stuff on its own!

So today I thought I could have one tbsp on some scan bran... Just looked it up 4.5 syns :eek:

But I'm worried if I have one tbsp and get back on to the good stuff I might not be able to stop...

So... shall I
a) just have the fricking peanut butter then hide it away at the back of the cupboard?
b) wait and if I am still thinking about it later have some?
c) AVOID?

Any ideas appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hmmmm tough one. Personally I would C. Avoid. Only because I know if there is something in the house that I could eat gallons of then once I start I won't stop xxx

Could you "dilute" the peanut butter with some free food so you still get your fix but eat less? Apparently you can use it to replace the tahini in houmous. You could make up some home-made houmous to have on your scan bran with 1tbsp of peanut butter at 4.5 syns and that should last a couple of days. But if you do like it so much you feel the urge to finish it off, that's still only 4.5 syns for the whole batch.

I made this houmous the other day, didn't use peanut butter but it does say you can in the recipe:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/187373-houmous-yogurt.html

Oooh ladies I think you are right.

See, this thread is great isn't it, if it wasn't for this thread I would be lying in a peanut butter induced coma in a gutter somewhere!!!

I think I am going to go for option C, avoid.

I really like the diluted peanut butter idea though. What I think I will do is (as it's my day off today and I am alone in the house, dangerous) I will wait til my boyfriend gets home and he can supervise me. If I am still dead set on that darned peanut butter I will dilute it maybe with some fromage frais or something.

I really like the idea of putting it in houmous, that recipe you put up looks really good. When I was in France I was eating some houmous and it tasted different but still nice so I read the ingredients and turned out it had fromage frais in it too! Who'd have thunk it, those SW friendly French!!!

Love this thread! I am really trying to focus on why I binge, and often its just pure rebellion- which I do not understand (eh like rebelling against being a size 10 or what??)

thanks folks

I think focusing on WHY you binge is a really good idea though. Being on SW has got me really thinking about my relationship with food though. I think once you have your head straight and realise why you do things that's half the battle won xxxx

I would quite happily binge on anything right now.
Having a crappy time of it on the diet at the minute.
Cant get my head back in the game after no weigh in last week. =/

this is my worst downfall. A week off makes me subconsciously give up for that week, thinking "oh ill be back on it next week then it won't matter" but it never happens :p

I couldn't have peanut butter in the house so it would be C for me! If it was there I would have a little bit, then a little bit more and then oooops it would be all gone! Can have choc and crisps in the house but peanut butter is one of the things that just wouldn't last!

Well everyone, just to let you know... I have just had the peanut butter!!

Haha. I realised it was reduced fat peanut butter (good on my OH!) so only 4 syns per tbsp (lol, like that makes loads of difference!)

When my boyfriend got home I told him about it and he said if I had been thinking about it all day and still wanted some it must be worth it!

Had my level tablespoon on some scan bran, it was worth every syn!

To be honest though with peanut butter a tbsp is actually quite a lot and I feel satisfied with what I have had... It's now put away at the back of the cupboard for another time :D

(famous last words, hopefully no one will find me in the middle of the night in my pyjamas with my mitt in the peanut butter jar like some kind of peanut butter loving Winnie the Pooh)

Back