If you could go back and give yourself ONE...

No matter what type of week you've had, go to group. Even if you've had the toughest week imaginable, and fallen off the wagon completely, go to group and face the scales. One bad week can easily lead to two, three, four, and so on if you skip group. Image Therapy and the tips/advice you pick up are invaluable.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, whether that be at group or on Mini's. It's likely that someone somewhere has been in the situation you may be stuck in and is just dying to offer their advice and help. Nobody will think any less of you for asking - besides, there is no such thing as a "stupid question".

I joined SW for the first time back in 1998, and over the years have joined and rejoined at least 20 times, if not more. The one piece of advice I'd wish I had given myself and stuck to, is get to target and keep going to classes!

Definitely measure yourself at the beginning.

Stay to group especially when you've had a bad week.

Be honest with yourself and if you have an off plan day or even week(s) don't beat yourself up it's not 'being bad' it is real life, things will happen to distract you but no matter what the plan will be there waiting to help you out every time and so will we!

Browsie said:
Definitely measure yourself at the beginning.

Stay to group especially when you've had a bad week.

Be honest with yourself and if you have an off plan day or even week(s) don't beat yourself up it's not 'being bad' it is real life, things will happen to distract you but no matter what the plan will be there waiting to help you out every time and so will we!

Don't keep weighing yourself, only weigh once a week!

I just wish i had never given up all those time and saw it through..... I can tell others but never listen to myself!!

wish I'd never stopped going to class - I've probably lost around 8 stones over about 12 years with SW (best eating regime ever) but get near to target and pack up every time - USUALLY I regain the weight - all of it and sometimes a bit more - this time THANKFULLY saw the errors of my way and went back when I was still a stone lighter than I was in 2010 - THIS time I just want to get to 10.10 and STAY THERE !

Back