If you could have any career

Kel1512

Hat would it be?? I fancy being a social worker but have not got the time to go to uni :( and I'm 30 next year so thinking its too late. I also fancy being a midwife too

What's your idea career and are you doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would love to expand my creative side; I don't have much time to do anything at the moment, but I like to think I could design things better than you can get in the shops (in reality probably not true, but I can dream..)

Kel1512 said:
Hat would it be?? I fancy being a social worker but have not got the time to go to uni :( and I'm 30 next year so thinking its too late. I also fancy being a midwife too

It's never too late. And 30 isn't even OLD!! Go look on the local uni sites and see if you can still apply :)

I'm already mostly happy with my life. I've never felt I needed a career as such. I've done many things in my time (Ive run my own theatre company, been a residential social worker, had a really large Party plan downline, been a hostess in a famous rugby club, worked in a theme park, managed a chip shop and pulled pints in numerous pubs lol) and couldn't see myself doing any of them permanently. I volunteer now in benefits and money advice, as a school SEN governor and I run a nurturing group targeting at risk families in several schools. I'm happily busy but not bound into a normal 9 to 5 which I'd hate as I prefer to be home at 3pm for my own kids (no way a knock on working mums....I've been one and I just hated it)

Sadly I also don't get paid haha!!! but luckily the husband works hard and although we aren't wealthy our situation is such that we get by OK. My kids are all on the autistic spectrum in various places so foreign holidays and fancy clothes really don't interest them!!! As long as we keep the Lego coming they are happy ;)

Nonsense! It's never too late! I'm 42, and (mostly) an accountant, but in my spare time, I write a beauty blog, and I've just taken over editing the beauty pages of a magazine for women size 14+ too. I'm still hoping to make that editing job my career, it would be wonderful if I could!

If it's something you would love to, then go for it. Your age isn't a barrier, it really isn't xx

I would love to get into crime scene investigation or criminal psychology. By the time I realised this, however, I had already trained in Business and Admin and was working as a PA. If I could afford to stop working and do the training I would. Alas, unless the Euromillions is kind to me tonight, I can't afford to!

I'd like to do my job (Support Worker), but with better support, more real emphasis on the service user and less on operational expediency.

Or I'd like to do more to promote the rights of the LD.

I once met a man who had a brilliant career in medicine, then decided to change careers completely and study law, in which he was equally successaful - he is now a QC. I am not suggesting that everyone could do that because frankly he has such exceptional intelligence and such an amazing mind that there can't be many people like him around! But he has always been an inspiration to me, as an example of what is possible, and to remind me that we can all do amazing things if we put our minds to it.

I'm such a child but if I could do anything...I'd be a popstar lol! Its always appealed to me however as I can't sing a note, don't have a flawless face and am still about 10 times the size of the average popstar (they're ridiculously tiny!) I guess I shall stick to what I love...teaching :) its nice to dream though!

I would love to be a midwife and have looked into it, but despite the lack of midwives in the NHS it is fiercely competitive to get into.
Each uni course I've asked about had at least double the amount of people they could take apply for it.
That aside I couldnt afford to do it anyway, should have gone straight from school when I had no debt or commitments! Maybe one day..

I'd love to be an NHS dietician soo I've applied for an access course at my local college to try get on the course this year to go to uni next year I would've been able to go straight to uni if I didn't give up my level 3 health and social care course but hey ho I was young and stupid and we all live and learn! I'm 30 but think I'm at the right time to finally know what I wanna do I've had my family I've got a wonderful supportive husband so it's exciting times ahead hopefully :)

dietqueen82 said:
I'd love to be an NHS dietician soo I've applied for an access course at my local college to try get on the course this year to go to uni next year I would've been able to go straight to uni if I didn't give up my level 3 health and social care course but hey ho I was young and stupid and we all live and learn! I'm 30 but think I'm at the right time to finally know what I wanna do I've had my family I've got a wonderful supportive husband so it's exciting times ahead hopefully :)

You know it was a dietician that made my mum stop going to the hospital for check ups! Shes had mouth cancer has no salivary glands and even drinking water was painful and food felt horrible (no taste anyway), and the stupid woman went in and on that mum wasn't trying! My mum is hard as nails and it's the closest I've ever seen her to tears!
Anyway, when you get there please remember my Ma's story xxxx

I've been thinking about this recently. My youngest goes to school next year and I've been a SAHM for 5.5years so don't really know what to do for me. I've been thinking PE teacher but I'm 26 this year so wouldn't qualify until early 30's and I'm thinking that might be too old. I just don't know!

I think my perfect career would be retirement :D

Shirleen said:
Oooh yes me toooooo but with wages!

Oh yes. With the salary I'm on now thanks!

Back