If you drink alcohol, are your losses still good?

onefatmama

hi,

I drink vodka, too much i think:sigh: im on ss+ and somedays i'll have nothing and some days i drink 15-20 cl of vodka with coke zero.

those that still drink alcohol on this plan, are your losses still good or less?

thanks. x

Nobody should be drinking Alcohol while on CD!!!!! and no losses will not be good.!!
please do not drink while your on CD.! x

As others have said, it's not a good idea to drink alcohol while you're in ketosis. It can cause your body's blood sugar levels to fall dangerously low.

From a practical point of view and to answer your question, regularly consuming alcohol will definitely inhibit losses. Alcohol will always be used first by the body as a fuel source, before fat and carbohydrates. This means that, while there's alcohol in your system, you're not losing weight.

Many people choose vodka and other white spirits over beer and wine because it doesn't contain carbohydrates. But all alcohol still has a very high calorific value, and while this excess energy can't be converted to fat and stored like carbs can, it will remain in your system until it's used up. So you're not losing weight for as long as it takes to get rid of it.

Aside from that, if you're having food or packs as well, then you could actually gain weight, because the body has no use for the energy contained therein, so stores it as fat.

Plus, I don't know about you, but even if I wanted to, I could never drink alcohol while in ketosis, because after one or two, I'd get the serious munchies and not give a damn about what I shoved in my gob!

Don't take the risk to your health or your weight loss!

Looking at your last months loss it says zero loss, this must be down to the alcohol. As the others have said its dangerous and really if your spending this kind of money and doing ssplus is it really worth it, its a tough old diet and if your not losing must make it harder.

Back