If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Terribly :-( Think I got about 4hours?!? Quick question, if I'm doing my Garden today do I need to change my Pedometer to active mode? If so which mode, ill just be doing weeding/sweeping/planting, everything except mowing basically as I can't do that.x

Sorry to hear that =(

If you change it to active mode for gardening, I would say put it on low.
In my move more, sit less book it says:

low - everyday activities that don't require much effort. Includes things like going for a stroll, gardening and DIY.
Moderate - requires a little more effort but should still be fairly easy. Includes brisk walking, digging, cycling on flat roads, active play with kids and dancing.
High - fairly high effort, more formal exercise. Includes swimming, regular cycling, exercise classes, lifting weights, running or playing an active sport like football or netball.

So gardening comes under low.
But I find that the pedometer only measures when you're physically moving. So if you're gonna be doing stuff like kneeling and moving your arms a lot, put the pedometer up high, like on your tshirt so it tracks your arm movements. Because when I do thinks like sit ups, because my legs don't move, it doesn't register it. And planks don't register either because I'm staying still for a minute at a time.

However, things that are mainly walking based, I'd stick with stepometer. Because active mode takes a long time to build up points unless you're doing something very physical like the gym, which takes 6 minutes. Low is like 20 minutes+ - and then that's only if you're moving enough for it to register. And I'm sure you'd be able to put plenty of steps in for 20 minutes work.

But it's your choice =)

I agree. It may not count it properly cos its not just Walking.
Put it on and see but otherwise I'd just be counting it as an activity-I counting my wedding at 100 minutes of low intensity exercise so 5 APs earned.
Enjoy your gardening. :D

Thanks girlies! Think I might just leave it in normal step mode and then make a note on my tracker about how long I'm out there? I'm not going to use the AP anyway especially not with WI tomorrow, just want something in the 'bank' My IBS is really playing me up again (Made the mistake of having Figs and Cherries this week, normal people wouldn't be off the loo but then I'm not normal lol) so I'm hoping a bit of movement in the garden might lead to movement somewhere else lol...4 Day Blockage and its hurting so bad :-( x

Thanks girlies! Think I might just leave it in normal step mode and then make a note on my tracker about how long I'm out there? I'm not going to use the AP anyway especially not with WI tomorrow, just want something in the 'bank' My IBS is really playing me up again (Made the mistake of having Figs and Cherries this week, normal people wouldn't be off the loo but then I'm not normal lol) so I'm hoping a bit of movement in the garden might lead to movement somewhere else lol...4 Day Blockage and its hurting so bad :-( x

Aw no. That's sounds horrible. I have the opposite problem with my IBS but yours doesn't sound too hot either. Moving is def a good plan to see it'll make things happen. :D x

Aw no. That's sounds horrible. I have the opposite problem with my IBS but yours doesn't sound too hot either. Moving is def a good plan to see it'll make things happen. :D x

My GP says that he's never seen an IBS quite as bad as mine but I don't think being Vegetarian exactly helps but I'm not turning Carnivore for no one! X

Reading through all your posts from last night was a bit of an eye opener :p hahaha.

I can't sleep naked. I feel too exposed. Until about four or five years ago I used to sleep in my bra too!

My boyfriend says I burn with the heat of a thousand suns at night. He usually ends up sleeping in his boxers when I stay over, with all the windows open.

Reading through all your posts from last night was a bit of an eye opener :p hahaha.

I can't sleep naked. I feel too exposed. Until about four or five years ago I used to sleep in my bra too!

My boyfriend says I burn with the heat of a thousand suns at night. He usually ends up sleeping in his boxers when I stay over, with all the windows open.

Lol, isn't it funny how we all have such difference ways! X

Just some nearly 2 Hours in the Garden :) Just waiting for the guy to come mow the lawn at 12 and then it will be finished, mowing the lawn is still one job which my shoulder doesn't like :-( I just kept my Pedometer in Normal Mode in its Normal Place and I'm into Earning Mode which is something I guess :) Just having a drink and a sit down and then I'm going to do some Housework. X

i went to asda yesterday and needed my blue dragon wholewheat noodles and they dont have them there anymore so looked up the ingredients online for B.D noodles and its just
wholewheat flour
water
salt
and i added 1/4 tsp of bicarb
i mixed it with dough hook but could do by hand.rolled it out as thin as possible(if u have pasta roller even better) then just sliced them in strips. ive dusted them in semolina but use flour if thats what you have. im leaving them to dry and will keep for a month appaently in air tight container in cupboard or cld freeze id guess. only cost a few pence to make too. heres a pic of them drying. will let you all know that they are like as having them for dinner. free on SF :)

Attachments

• 1372940171020.jpg
    1372940171020.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 57
i went to asda yesterday and needed my blue dragon wholewheat noodles and they dont have them there anymore so looked up the ingredients online for B.D noodles and its just
wholewheat flour
water
salt
and i added 1/4 tsp of bicarb
i mixed it with dough hook but could do by hand.rolled it out as thin as possible(if u have pasta roller even better) then just sliced them in strips. ive dusted them in semolina but use flour if thats what you have. im leaving them to dry and will keep for a month appaently in air tight container in cupboard or cld freeze id guess. only cost a few pence to make too. heres a pic of them drying. will let you all know that they are like as having them for dinner. free on SF :)

Wow those look so cool! Well Done You! Look forward to hearing what they're like once you've cooked them :) x

Good Afternoon Sweeties :)

Well other than a brief sit down on here with a drink earlier, I've been on the go for 4 1/2hrs :) Weeded and tidied the front and back gardens, cleaned the whole house :)

Just eating my lunch now, very late for me!

I randomly logged on Homebase Website to see about something and saw that they've reduced the Sun Lounger I have wanted for ages from £21.99 to £9.99 :) I've treated myself and reserved 2 for Store Collection Bring on this Scorcher of a Weekend they keep talking about about!

So far I've done just over 13000 Steps, not bad considering I don't live in a 7 Bed Mansion with 5 Acres of Garden!

Hope you're all having a fab Thursday, lots of love Sweeties. X

Good Afternoon Sweeties :)

Well other than a brief sit down on here with a drink earlier, I've been on the go for 4 1/2hrs :) Weeded and tidied the front and back gardens, cleaned the whole house :)

Just eating my lunch now, very late for me!

I randomly logged on Homebase Website to see about something and saw that they've reduced the Sun Lounger I have wanted for ages from £21.99 to £9.99 :) I've treated myself and reserved 2 for Store Collection Bring on this Scorcher of a Weekend they keep talking about about!

So far I've done just over 13000 Steps, not bad considering I don't live in a 7 Bed Mansion with 5 Acres of Garden!

Hope you're all having a fab Thursday, lots of love Sweeties. X

Hey hun. Youve been a busy b 2day. Well dun on your steps 2 thats bril. Your sun loungers were a bargin. Mite have to c if i can find sum. How r u feeling bout 2moz hun.x

Hey hun. Youve been a busy b 2day. Well dun on your steps 2 thats bril. Your sun loungers were a bargin. Mite have to c if i can find sum. How r u feeling bout 2moz hun.x

Hey Sweetie, With the Afternoon School Run I'm now up to 21865 Steps aka 5AP :) It means I've earned 25AP this Week :) The Sun Loungers were also in Argos but only reduced to £14.99, much prefer £9.99 ;-) I'm bricking it about tomorrow, I'm so blocked up, I know it's in there and can't do anything about it :-( I just know that it's gonna be a false result on the scales if it doesn't shift, just have to keep telling myself that. X

Hey Sweetie, With the Afternoon School Run I'm now up to 21865 Steps aka 5AP :) It means I've earned 25AP this Week :) The Sun Loungers were also in Argos but only reduced to £14.99, much prefer £9.99 ;-) I'm bricking it about tomorrow, I'm so blocked up, I know it's in there and can't do anything about it :-( I just know that it's gonna be a false result on the scales if it doesn't shift, just have to keep telling myself that. X

Does the doc no give u anthing wen u get like this hun. Sarah was sayin bout sumthing she takes thats realy gud. So would laxatives not help u or cant u have them.x

Does the doc no give u anthing wen u get like this hun. Sarah was sayin bout sumthing she takes thats realy gud. So would laxatives not help u or cant u have them.x

I can take them but have to be so careful as my Bowel becomes dependant on them so I don't like to do it, I normally let myself get to 7 Days and then ill take something. This is only Day 4 :-( it's my own silly fault, really fancied cherries and figs and really should of known better, that will teach me :-( x

I can take them but have to be so careful as my Bowel becomes dependant on them so I don't like to do it, I normally let myself get to 7 Days and then ill take something. This is only Day 4 :-( it's my own silly fault, really fancied cherries and figs and really should of known better, that will teach me :-( x

Thats a shame coz like u said u mite not get the corect loss coz ov it. Does drinkin black coffee not do anything for u.x

Thats a shame coz like u said u mite not get the corect loss coz ov it. Does drinkin black coffee not do anything for u.x

Nope nothing at all :-( x

How about red wine?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is that a Laxative?!? Unfortunately I'm not allowed to drink since I started my new meds last Monday :-( x

I know I keep harping on about it, but Movicol changed my life. It's not a laxative that you can get dependant on and it's totally safe to take every day. It puts extra water into your bowel to help you go.

Sounds like you have really been on the go today. The sun lounger sounds much needed to encourage a bit of rest and relaxation over the weekend :)

Hope things get "moving" soon and good luck for weigh in tomorrow x

Back