If you had a choice would go to either....

Canada eveytime for me - the company I work for has their head office in Calgary so I get to go there quite a bit - I love the Rockies but I would love to be able to take 3 weeks off to explore properly, I would fly into Calgary & drive across the mountains to Vancouver & finish off on Vancouver island (if it was my holiday that is)

We went to Canada a couple of July's ago with a view to retiring there. It is absolutely stunning we hired a campervan for 2 weeks it was awesome, we drove from vancouver up into the rockies. But it's so vast I was put off by the huge distances between towns but if its a holiday that shouldnt be a problem. Australia has always been my choice and Canada was going to be a compromise because I love the sun and hubby loves the snow and mountain climbing etc. Luckily for me he decided canadas not for him well for living in anyway so hopefully at the end of this yr we're going australia for a month (still waiting for my work to approve a month off) to check it out with a view to retiring there. My sister has been in brisbane for a yr and she loves it. So, it depends what you like I think australia has the best of both worlds (by all accounts) sun and lively and lots to do, whereas canada we went from boiling hot to travelling into the mountains and cold with not alot in between. Depends where you're staying and if I went back I would stay in one place tho I'm so glad I did the touring bit first. Hope thats some help.

Wendy

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to post to say thanks to everyone for the advice. I have decided to go to Austrailia & am booking it on 2nd Feb:bliss:

I have started my counselling today & feel lots better about stuff :)

xx

That's brilliant news and now you've got something exciting to look forward to!

Where in Oz are you going? We went for 5 weeks for our honeymoon and had the most amazing time, I would recommend it every time!

I am sort of excited. Going end of april beginning of may for 3 weeks. It's been a very low time recently but my counsellor says it's important for me to do things for me so am trying to take little steps & have little things to look forward to each month as if not I will be totally shattered by the time the holiday comes & maybe too tired to enjoy it

That's so exciting! Keep us posted when you've booked we'll want ALL the details LOL

Heys here's my plan. Am well excited now as told my mum & she was giddy for me :)

Thurs April 22nd Dep London to Hong Kong
Fri April 23rd Arr Hong Kong
Sat April 24th Hong Kong
Sun April 25th Dep Hong Kong Morning Arr Melbourne Evening
Mon April 26th Melbourne
Tues April 27th Melbourne
Wed April 28th Melbourne
Thurs April 29th Melbourne
Fri April 30th Dep Melbourne Morning to Sydney
Sat May 1st Sydney
Sun May 2nd Sydney
Mon May 3rd Sydney
Tues May 4th Sydney
Wed May 5th Dep Sydney Am to Singapore
Thurs May 6th Singapore
Fri May 7th Dep Singapore Am to Jakarta
Sat May 8th Jakarta (or somewhere with my family who live out there)
Sun May 9th Jakarta (or somewhere with my family who live out there)
Mon May 10th Jakarta to singapore to connect into return flight to UK

I'd pick Australia, I've always wanted to go! the weather looks amazing and it looks like there's so much to do! and also my dad grew up there!!

I'm sure Canada is pretty amazing too but I've never looked into it! =)

x

I grew up in melbourne and was in hong kong last year - if you want some tips on what to do let me know.
Check my facebook photos,I think they are called "holiday 2009" for HK and Melbourne photos.

I grew up in melbourne and was in hong kong last year - if you want some tips on what to do let me know.
Check my facebook photos,I think they are called "holiday 2009" for HK and Melbourne photos.

Cool thankyou. I will. My cousin lives there in South Caulfield so will have our own personal tour guide :)

You HAVE to go to Phillip Island when you are in Melbourne, it is the most AMAZING experience to watch the penguins in the wild and it is worth paying the extra $ to go "VIP" to be sat near the front, it is one of those things you will always remember and I can not recommend it highly enough, def the best trip whilst we were in Oz!

You HAVE to go to Phillip Island when you are in Melbourne, it is the most AMAZING experience to watch the penguins in the wild and it is worth paying the extra $ to go "VIP" to be sat near the front, it is one of those things you will always remember and I can not recommend it highly enough, def the best trip whilst we were in Oz!

How far is that out of melbourne as I really fancy that?

We went on a coach trip which included seeing Koala's in the wild, feeding Kangaroo's and a few other stops along the way so we were out for about 12 hours, but if you have a local with a car, it's about a 2 hour drive. It's called "The Penguin Parade" and it involves being sat on a beach at sunset! Sooooo worth it!

Just wanted to update this to say that everything is sorted, my mum is doing well & we go away in 8 days & I am very excited :happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036:

Thank you everyone for your advice

I would kill to go to canada, my mum visiting oz for a month years ago and loved it, but when i see my friends photos of fb (she moved to vancouver a couple of years back) i am so jelous. It just looks so beautiful and less touristy.

xxxxxxx

Back