ignoring the peer pressure

amystillwaiting

So i started going to the pharmist for lipotrim around 6 weeks ago and initially was very positive and excited about it. I managed 3 days sticking to it 100% and was feeling good then the invites started. It was only then that i realised how much our lives actually evolve around food (and booze). My friends are all quite big drinkers and there is always food and booze when we meet up. Ive been having a few issues with friends (who are skinny and single) saying i dont spend enough time with them after moving in with my boyfriend so to save the hassle of being moaned at I decided I would go out still with them but just stick to water.
The biggest issue I have had with this diet isnt the lack of food, lack of energy, bad breath or constipation is the constant explaining it to people and having them say how crazy I am letting my body go into ketosis and as soon as I eat again I'll just gain all the weight. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Having a social life is just a no go now. 6 weeks into lipotrim ive not stuck to it 100% for more than 5days due to always giving in to peer pressure, listening to its just a salad, whats a diet coke and vodka going to do, you can have one day off.
Im really gutted with myself that Ive not been strong enough to not listen to them and stick to it and although I have lost a stone and 3lbs, I know in 6 weeks I could have reach my target loss.
Fortunatly my partner is very supportive and even doesnt have my fav foods in the house so my plan now is to start a fresh. Im going to have to be a hermit for next few months and my friends will just have to accept that I need to do this. If people ask about my diet I'll just say its personal and I'm bored of repeating myself.

Today is day 1 (again)

current weight 13st 8lb
current loss 1st 3lbs

next weighin 7 days

awww poor you, I do feel for you. However on a plus point you have still lost 1 stone 3lbs so that is fantastic!! I am in a similar situation to you. I have a lot of family invites from my inlaws side of the family (who don't know Im on lipotrim and would make the biggest deal of it if they found out), For me however I have to go to these do's, I can't say no as culturally it looks rude and bad on me, I actually didnt go to my nephews birthday party - well I did but left before food was being served and said I had some stuff to do and my hubbys mum was fuming, she rang him a few days later slagging me off as after I had left alot of extended family had come round and I wasnt there - they kept asking where I was and it looked bad on them as I don't particualrly get on with my inlaws so the fact I wasnt there it looked bad, I knew if I stayed I would have been forced to eat! Everyones life style is so different and the people who say stick to LT 100% adn if I can do it so can you - I dont like that attitude because what works for one person doesnt neccasarily work for another. Dont be so harsh on yourself, Cancelling social events is hard, i have done it, my cousin came to stay for 4 days and I was so close to tellig her not to come, but she came and because she is supportive i stuck to it 100% - however if it was somebody else I don't know what I would have done. My parents came to stay with me one weekend - what do i do - tell them not to come!?! I cant do that, Again they dnt know Im on LT but I was very careful how I manged it, I didnt eat adn they were none the wiser, I lied my breakfast shake was a vanilla latee and while they were out I pretenedId eaten.

Life throws differetn challenges to different ppl adn we all handle it in different ways, as long as you get up, brush yourself down and carry on. See what works for you - you will get there hun, keep positive and dont beat your sefl up. Maybe thik of some excuses if you dont want to tell ppl ure on LT - say your on antibiotics for 6 weeks for example if you dont want to drink, that ways u dnt have to explain ureself and it can go unnotices, I told ppl that Ive been having bad cramps so Im going wheat and dairy free for 6 weeks - usually they left me alone after that, if you say ure on LT it justy creates drama sometime.

I hope this has been useful but be proud of what uve achioeved so far, and start the next lap of your journey with a positive head on

good luck xxx

How refreshing it is to hear that! The whole you have to it 100% or it doesnt work just make me put major pressure on myself. Reality is if i eat a salad my calorie intake is still going to be low while on this diet. I think to succeed on any diet you have to be abit selfish at times. Your thread deff has encouraged me to keep going :D

Back