I'm a bit fed up...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Just a bit of a moan really.

I've lost 3lbs in the last 4 weeks. Rubbish. Ok, it's not a gain, it's all off, etc. But I'd set myself a quite-achievable 7lbs mini-goal over the last 4 weeks and I failed miserably. Why can't I get it to work for me? Why can't I lose consistently? I do try hard 98% of the time! My loss is so slow. I know I should be happy that it's all off...but you know sometimes it just gets you down :sigh:

I'm feeling a bit like I'm never going to get to where I want to be. My initial date for getting to target was 1st August (BIG wedding to go to) but as time has progressed I've realised that's not realistic.

A woman at my class, over the last two weeks has lost 9lbs. 3 last week and 6 this week. She's not even that big! She weighs about half a stone more than me. Or did. She's sailed past me now. Everyone is different fair enough, but she said she's no idea how she did it, other than stick to the plan. I was so jealous. So, we all know sticking to plan works, but even when I do that I don't flipping lose! LOL! What's a girl to do?

Sorry for the moan, sometimes you just need to get these things out, don't you! :eek:

Aw, mate. So sorry you feel like that.

I know you know all the 'losses are great' stuff because you have given this out many times, but I can relate to what you are feeling.

I am not a fan of goals or mini targets for this very reason- they seem to do more harm than good from what I have seen on here.

Try and remember- you are not a machine. You can never guarantee what is going to happen, you can only maximise the chance of a positive outcome by doing everything you know works the majority of the time.

sending you lts of hugs

**********lotsofbigclairehugs*********

Yeah that's it really isn't it, just have to keep plodding along with it, get on with life etc. It's going to happen as it happens - all I can do is keep doing it I suppose...otherwise you end up back where you started.

Not that I'm thinking of giving up, but you know sometimes you just get tired of it all. Other times I'm so excited and motivated by it all, but not this week.

I feel exactly the same. I had a big loss the first week, but then been loosing 1lb a week and stayed the same last week. I did have a few accidental slip ups by eating away (and I miscounted HEB's one day) but have been on plan, like you, 98% of the time. I guess we just have to accept that our metabolisms are slower than some other peoples, but that we will loose a lot over time. Try not to loose heart, we will get there in the end!!

Come on Hellie! You've been doing so well! Now lets get to the crux of the matter, what can you do to speed up your losses? Are you sure you're doing it 98% of the time? Have you stopped weighing your HEXs? Are you writing everything down? Try a food diary for a week to keep track. Are you tending to eat the same things every week? Are you eating enough? Are you doing any exercise? How longs a piece of string? :eek: No ignore the last one!
All I can say is that I used to be like this, may still be when I get nearer to target, but this time I really am getting down to brass tacks and doing exercise and my losses have been better than ever. I used to say at class I didn't know why I hadn't lost, but really I was in denial. Having said that if you're losing a pound a week most weeks then that is a good sustainable weightloss, one that will make it easier for you to maintain when you get to goal, and it's still nearly 4 stone in a year!
Please don't compare yourself to someone else!She may not be telling you the whole story. Was she just starting off?
Get your tape measure out, and try not to fixate on the scales. You're probably losing inches. Try on all your clothes that were tight a few weeks ago (I have a whole wardrobe to go at!) You'll find something that fits and that will give you the boost you need!
Keep going Honeybunch! You'll get there!

Here endeth the first lecture!:rolleyes:

Hellie, I know how you feel, but hang in there, you are doing great!!

Everyone loses weight at a different rate and I think age and initial size may have something to do with it too.
I work with a girl who comes to my class.
She sits opposite me at work and she is eating ALL day. I know we can, and I nibble a lot but I do it on free and HEX's but she does those, plus a lot of naughty things too - way over 15 syns, and that's at work only. She admits she pigs out at home too. All this and she has great losses! I have stick to my plan 98% over the last 7 weeks and going up and down, I have lost 6 pounds.
She, on the otherhand has lost 12 in the same time, and was gutted to only lose half last week after admited to eating badly. I asked her how she thought I felt after having one flexi day and being 100% the rest of the time and putting on a pound and half!
She said, that is true but yesterday had stuffed herself even worse. Lets see next week... :D

Back