I'm a dehydrating freak....

Not big, about the size of a frying pan and about 30 cms high.

Doesn't take long at all, just slice up some apples and lob em in.

No nothing else apart from the things you want to dry.

M.

OOOhHHHHHH!!!!!!! Please be aware of gadget addicts who also use this forum, I am fast running out of space in my kitchen and am having a extention built just to house my gadget habit, you make it sound soooo good and was really hoping to read that you had shoved it to the back of a cupboard and didnt use it anymore!!!!
now i shell have to have one it dounds great fun and i really love dried apple in my porridge so would be a money saver ( can you hear the justification!!???) help am Ibeyond saving!!??

Thanks for the info Mike.

and was really hoping to read that you had shoved it to the back of a cupboard and didnt use it anymore!!!!

I was hoping that too ;)

Is it fiddly? What's the worst thing about it? Please...come on...stop us all going out and cluttering up our cupboards....please!!

Nope it is dead easy to clean, just throw the trays in the dishwasher.

M.

I couldn't resist and have purchased one from Juiceland for £69 with free postage - Am expecting it to arrive tomorrow. So I will be clearing Sainsbury's out of their fruit stock in anticipation.

I can see Mrs Brad rolling her eyes when it arrives tomorrow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am a sucker for gadgets too.

Thanks for the scoop Mike.

One fallen then!!! LOL

I definitely will get one too. Trying to think of a way to earn it. Maybe I'll make myself get some of those things listed on ebay that I keep putting off and get in when the paypal balance covers it.

That sounds like an idea!

Dizzy x

You cant suck me in that easily, thought you would trick me into looking at the web site above , i did look and then i resisted and was strong, but dont know how much longer I can resist, the thought of those lovely dried up little shrivell ed things , ooooohhhh!!!!!

Heidi

You should do the M&S food ads (not!) infact you are making me reconsider. Although I do need the motivation to get rid of the junk on ebay.

Dizzy x

Mike

You are the gadget champion and I salute you sir. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Took delivery of my baby yesterday and after much "If you wanted dried fruit, why don't you buy go out and buy some" comments from Mrs Brad :mad: :mad: , I set to work.

To 'test' the product, I dried a handful of strawberries, one apple and a banana.

Every time Mrs Brad entered the kitchen, she would look at the baby and roll her eyes with the 'your pathetic' look, only she can truly do. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Undeterred, I monitored my drying over the next several hours.

Then, I placed the produce in a bowl and let it cool.

Armed with my treasures, I ventured in to the lounge to show of to my boys and offer them a sample - not the ever critical and cynical Mrs Brad mind ;) :eek: :eek:

Well the taste explosion was too much for the Mini Brads and they were soon both bundling over for further rations - still no offer made to Mrs Brad though. ;) ;) :eek: :eek:

After some exaggerated "Mmmmm these are lovely boys aren't they" :D :D and "yes Dad, they are lovely" :D :D from my 6 year old and cries of "More, more" :D :D from my two year old, she cracked.....had to try them (made her beg mind), then declared my purchase as a very wise decision.

Anyway, back to my saluting of Mike 'Inspector Gadget' Scott.
Could you help me out Mike. With all the cold weather coming in, I am finding I need to keep my neck and head warm, but don't want to purchase a hat AND a scarf. Do you have any fashion conscious suggestions of how I might kill two birds with one stone?

Back