I'm addicted to the CD bars!

I didn't eat the bars until week 5 coz I was scared that if I started chewing I would crave food more. I then started having one a day (every night so I could look forward to it), but got a bit sick of them. Last week I had one all week and I have had one tonight. I will have my next one on Saturday as my treat and that's it for the week. Much prefer a hot chocolate before bed time

I'm on my 6th week. Had a bit of a funny start to the diet.

Week 1 I lost 6lb
Week 2 I lost 9lb
Week 3 I lost 6lb
Week 4 I put on 1lb (i cheated slightly)
Week 5 I lost 2lb (was on the 790)

After my lapse week my CDC put me on the 790 so i wouldn't feel tempted - worked very well.

This week i'm back on the SS. But i'm addicted to the bars! One week I bought 7, one for everyday. But after 3 days they were all gone and i was left with a rumbling/sore stomach and very bad wind. Enough to put me off buying them again. Or so i thought...

This week i decided to try the bars again and have 1 per day, would stop me wanting to chew/cheat again. But here i am again farting constantly because i've scoffed all 7 in 3 days!!!

Has anyone else had this problem with being in some ways 'addicted' to the bars?

I try to stear clear of them...I do the same thing buy one for each day then sit and wolf down the lot!.....Back the bingeing days I fear...I don't trust myself to eat them properly yet so don't have them......didn't half make me gggle reading this tho!!!

I was just thinking about this......there could be some good control excercising done here.

You could try this week just get one bar and eat it straight away if you want to.

Next week get one bar and try and save it for the next day.

Week after, get two bars and try and leave a 2 day gap between the two.

Keep going like that and see how your control goes..it'll be useful excercises for when you do return to conventional food :) and hopefully when you do manage to control the urge to scoff them all at once you'll feel empowered!

.................Really good idea.......xx

Hilarious, I thought I was the only one who couldn't control their bar intake!

I only ordered 1 per week too as I couldnt trust myself.

I am going to re-start soon and am already fretting about whether I can control myself - major challenge - strangely not worrying about ability to SS, just bar control!

Hilarious, I thought I was the only one who couldn't control their bar intake!

I only ordered 1 per week too as I couldnt trust myself.

I am going to re-start soon and am already fretting about whether I can control myself - major challenge - strangely not worrying about ability to SS, just bar control!

Well I've just received my order of 4 whole boxes of bars :eek::eek::eek:

The chatterbox in my head was saying to me "ooh cranberry, ooh peanut, your favourite, go on have one of each, scofff scoff scoff"

So................................

I shut the lid, put them in my store cupboard closed the door (on my chatterbox too) and had a glass of water ;)

I shall make myself a soup in a bit as it's nearly lunchtime and I'm getting hungry.

Phew, temporary waiver of control there, caught it in the nick of time :D

lol @ Kim.

Seriously thought It seems quite a common thing for people to be addicted to these bars. Is it something you come across with your clients often?

lol @ Kim.

Seriously thought It seems quite a common thing for people to be addicted to these bars. Is it something you come across with your clients often?

Well I'm a really new CDC so only have a few clients but I haven't heard anyone say anything about being addicted to them. In fact one tells me she is always forgetting to eat the other half of her bar and end up eating it quite late so she gets her packs in.

It's all mind stuff isn't it...I think if you were a chocoholic (I certainly was!) before then that will remain so, the important part is learning to control it. We probably crave the bars so strongly because they really are so yummy. I know pre diet if I had any chocolate in the house I could hear it calling me from all over the house, even during the night! I confess to waking up in the night pre diet and scoffing on some chocolate and a glass of milk. I just couldn't rest with it about. If I had nearly 100 chocolate bars sitting in the cupboard then I would have worked my way through them at an astonishing pace over a couple of weeks I don't doubt. I know I can have my cambridge bars in there now and not give into the craving. Giving into cravings are what got me in a mess in the first place!

Pre diet I used to sometimes buy enough chocolate to let me have a bar a day at home, thinking I was controlling it. The truth is they wouldn't last two days! Now I know I have that control, yes it waivers occassionally but I don't give in to it. It's funny how my chatterbox always seems to make things seem so urgent...quick eat them..eat them NOW...I slow the chatterbox down so that the urgency goes....hmmmm I'm sounding like a mad woman now aren't I :eek::eek:

No it's good advise, for me anyway. When you said "Giving into my cravings got me here in the first place" really is a good way of looking at it. I'm going to tell myself that next time i start munching at one after the other.

Back