I'm addicted to the CD bars!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Want2bThin, 11 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm on my 6th week. Had a bit of a funny start to the diet.

Week 1 I lost 6lb
    Week 2 I lost 9lb
    Week 3 I lost 6lb
    Week 4 I put on 1lb (i cheated slightly)
    Week 5 I lost 2lb (was on the 790)

After my lapse week my CDC put me on the 790 so i wouldn't feel tempted - worked very well.

This week i'm back on the SS. But i'm addicted to the bars! One week I bought 7, one for everyday. But after 3 days they were all gone and i was left with a rumbling/sore stomach and very bad wind. Enough to put me off buying them again. Or so i thought...

This week i decided to try the bars again and have 1 per day, would stop me wanting to chew/cheat again. But here i am again farting constantly because i've scoffed all 7 in 3 days!!!

Has anyone else had this problem with being in some ways 'addicted' to the bars?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    firstly well done on your weight loss so far
    you are doing great

do you know i have just completed week 12 and still haven`t tried the bars
    does the chewing make you feel hungrier than if you stuck to shakes?

kaz :D

4. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes and No. I dont think having the bars makes you more hungry. The problem for me is i'm a chocoholic! Once that choc touches my lips i'm like a woman on a mission. It's only afterwards i feel terrible when my stomach is sore and i have the wind.

My CDC did tell me that you are only supposed to have 1 bar a day. I just can't seem to leave them alone.

5. Neco

Neco Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I know exactly what you mean. I love the peanut ones and teh cranberry ones.

I only eat 1 per day, but could easily eat a whole box in one sitting!!!!

The peanut ones have less carbs in than the shales/soups, so i cant see any reason why you cant eat more than 1 a day??? Apart from terrible wind!!!!

6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    You can't have more than 1 a day of the crunch bars because the high fibre content would upset your tummy.

Mike

7. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I find that some weeks I can't have the bars (pmt week especially!) because I struggle to control myself with them. I do really love them. Now this week I am fine, I can have my one bar a day and enjoy it without wanting more, but just that one week a month I make sure I don't have any, none at all because I just end up wanting more!

I now feel happier as I'm controlling it. I know the week to avoid having the bars and for the rest of the time I'm fine on them and really enjoy them.

If you are struggling I would just not buy them for a while, or if you do, try writing down the times when you can't seem to control it and maybe it's connected to pmt like mine :)

8. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    First i'd like to say well done on you weight loss so far....

I had to give up on the bars because i loved them so much, i'd buy my weeks supply - 7 - then eat them all within 2 or 3 days...

Very bad of me, so definately a no go with them now!....xxx

9. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    I really like the peanut one, but thankfully I can only eat one at a time they bloat me too much.
    Have you tried chopping them up and popping them in the freezer for a little while.
    They may last longer and take longer to chew.
    NO gurantees on that though :rolleyes:

10. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    No i haven't tried that but i'll definately give it a go. Mind you, to be honest i am thinking of just getting 1 per week. That way i can eat it straight away then i have nothing else to chomp on after!

I dont think it's pmt, i think it's literally down to i like them too much, and they are a real luxury after having the shakes all the time.

I have found though that i have completely gone off the soups. All i get now is chocolate tetra for work and choc and mint shakes. They seem to be the only flavours im really enjoying right now. Its odd, i do like the others. But the past few weeks i've been a mega chocoholic. I'm a bit worried.

11. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    How about when you were on 790? Did you find the choco cravings lessened?

12. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Kath,

Erm, no. The cravings were definately still there on 790.

I think 1 bar a week is what i need to do from now on, because otherwise i can feel that i will lapse. Especially while my chocoholic phase is at its peak.

13. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes I think it's best you stick at it then, one bar a week - if you haven't got them you can't eat them! Hopefully your chocoholic phase will vanish!

14. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I hope so!

Thanks for your advice Kath, really appreciate your support.

15. gg2007

gg2007 Full Member

Thats quite interesting as i thought fibre was good for getting things moving in the gut? ummmm:confused:

16. Nathalie20

Nathalie20 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    At the mo it's Cd - then the healthy eating one i hope!
    I'm exactly the same if I get the bars I will eat them all within 2 day's, I even ate 5 in one sitting once!!! Im not sure what it is but if I have them Iv got to eat them all I have no self control around them so I have found the best thing to do is just get 1 bar and eat it after I have seen her so that's it then - all gone and no temptations!

I must admit I thought I was the only one lol!

N xx

17. Kath

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was just thinking about this......there could be some good control excercising done here.

You could try this week just get one bar and eat it straight away if you want to.

Next week get one bar and try and save it for the next day.

Week after, get two bars and try and leave a 2 day gap between the two.

Keep going like that and see how your control goes..it'll be useful excercises for when you do return to conventional food :) and hopefully when you do manage to control the urge to scoff them all at once you'll feel empowered!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. susieb

susieb Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I had this problem:mad:,but now my kind DH leaves me one a day,or every couple of days, then takes the rest to work with him:D

20. Want2bThin

Want2bThin Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thats a very good idea Susie. I'm sure my fiance would take pleasure in hiding my food and putting one in the fridge per day! Ha! Brilliant plan.

21. CS1312

CS1312 New Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi Ya All

ME TOO!!! I love the choc and orange bars I am going for my weigh in tomorrow and usually would buy bars and tetras (love the choc ones) but I am seriously considering having more of the tetras and a bar as a treat cause I am eating my whole weeks stock in three days. No side effects but keep craving them.

Love the site, have been off track for a few weeks but having the site is really helping and I just log on when I get the urge to stray, great inspirations thanks to everyone who postsl

22. hippychick

hippychick Full Member

Diet:
    cd
    ive just done that too he he im not buying them again as i get sooo greedy tee hee

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.