I'm ashamed of my current incentive!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, so we all want to lose weight to go to weddings, parties, feel helathier, wear nice clothes etc etc which are really nice reasons BUT, and I am ashamed to say my new motivation is to do well because there is someone at my class that grrrrrrrrr, really really sets my teeth on edge!

She joined a couple of months ago and is doing well and I think that I am her only 'rival' as such as I am one of the biggest losers in my group and I am getting sick of the quips, snide remarks and patronising smirks if I gain. Its not just me - a couple of others have noticed it and she has even told the consultant what to do in front of the rest of the class.

The straw that broke this camel's back was when she burst out laughing ( in my face ) this week when I said I had had 'a huge gain' - she doesnt weigh at the same session as me so she wouldnt know how much and when she bossily demanded that i tell her the amount I refused to which she replied ''I'll find out'' and I said ''No you wont''.

Maybe I am being tetchy, and maybe she is nice once you get to know her but I am determined to do well and put in her in her place!

Am I a horrible person lol??????:break_diet:

She sounds like a complete b*tch to me! We're all supposed to support each other, not stab others in the back. Can't you take your child along with you and get her/him to stick her foot out when she walks past? Or borrow a child if you haven't got one? Lol, now who's the horrible person............made myself laugh though x

Yes, you are a horrible person!! :) But I would be too, in your place. So, probably would we all.

She sounds like one of those people who just can't be nice - I have a neighbour like that and I just have to ignore her, and pretend she doesn't exist.

But it sounds as if you are not alone, if other people have begun to notice. They won't like her either, and neither will the consultant if she carries on like that!!

She is jealous of your success. Next time she laughs, ask her why she is laughing!

And practise a withering look! ;)

She sounds horrible and I wouldn't be ashamed of yourself at all! For her to tell you that she will find out what you gained this week is just rude and cocky - sounds like she needs dropping down a peg or 2!

Last edited:
she sounds awful, your not horrible at all take the incentive and show her how its done! some people just dont seem to know how to behave in public

Meh.....I hate people like that. Eat nothing but super free and hexes for a month and trounce her for slimmer of the month. (this is a joke PMSL but it could work I suppose!!) A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone lol.

Ok, so we all want to lose weight to go to weddings, parties, feel helathier, wear nice clothes etc etc which are really nice reasons BUT, and I am ashamed to say my new motivation is to do well because there is someone at my class that grrrrrrrrr, really really sets my teeth on edge!

She joined a couple of months ago and is doing well and I think that I am her only 'rival' as such as I am one of the biggest losers in my group and I am getting sick of the quips, snide remarks and patronising smirks if I gain. Its not just me - a couple of others have noticed it and she has even told the consultant what to do in front of the rest of the class.

The straw that broke this camel's back was when she burst out laughing ( in my face ) this week when I said I had had 'a huge gain' - she doesnt weigh at the same session as me so she wouldnt know how much and when she bossily demanded that i tell her the amount I refused to which she replied ''I'll find out'' and I said ''No you wont''.

Maybe I am being tetchy, and maybe she is nice once you get to know her but I am determined to do well and put in her in her place!

Am I a horrible person lol??????:break_diet:

People are so bizarre! Show her what you are made of!

Oh god hun thats awful, wot a total b*tch! Wot difference does it make wot u put on......Last week was a total right off for most of us, but we just fess up and move on.

At the end of the day, you have us for support, guidance and motivation. So stick wiv it, ignore her, she's just jealous and probably has low self esteem.
In no time, that blip in ur weight will be off!!!....:) x

Oh dear she sounds horrid! If it works for you then you go for it and smugly know that she motivated you ;-)

Kill her with kindness. Next time you have a taster session, do a low syn chocolate cake. Let everyone taste it and say how lovely it is. Then after group, tell her you hoped she liked it because you have made her a WHOLE one for herself just the same, only 4 syns for the whole cake! Give her the full fat version you have in a cake tin in your bag, smile, and go home.

Evil? Moi???

Seriously though, she must be an unhappy soul if she has to get into everyone elses business and be mean. Be supernice to her, she wont be used to it, and it will knock her off guard. And then beat the pants off her at every weigh in you possibly can. :D

Don't be ashamed!! If you can get motivated by her nastiness then you should be rejoicing and delighted with yourself. I've only been at Slimming World for a month and have far more to lose than you did, and unfortunately remarks like that would probably put me off forever (luckily everyone in my class is lovely) so you have no idea how much I admire you :).

Kill her with kindness. Next time you have a taster session, do a low syn chocolate cake. Let everyone taste it and say how lovely it is. Then after group, tell her you hoped she liked it because you have made her a WHOLE one for herself just the same, only 4 syns for the whole cake! Give her the full fat version you have in a cake tin in your bag, smile, and go home.

Evil? Moi???

Seriously though, she must be an unhappy soul if she has to get into everyone elses business and be mean. Be supernice to her, she wont be used to it, and it will knock her off guard. And then beat the pants off her at every weigh in you possibly can. :D

The sad thing is that I have been really supportive of her and she won a big challenge and prize that our group did but since then she has become unbearable! Until then she was qui8te a nice girl so I think its gone to her head lol xxxx

I think, if it works, its as a good a motivation as any!
What a spiteful woman she sounds. We are all in the same boat, I wish people could celebrate other people's losses instead of making them feel crappy about it. You are doing amazingly, keep going! xx

'Every cloud has a silver lining', she may be the black cloud of your sw group, but her silver lining is that she motivates you to keep on going. Go for it! x

Please tell me that next time she laughs in your face or just acts like a complete jealous biatch you will 'accidentally' stick your foot out into her path - causing her to fall flat on her face??

Please, please, please, with a great big fat juicy cherry on top!

Back