I'm back, and need to lose 2 more stone. I MUST I MUST.

Hi elle, I walked past Red Rose Bridal yesterday evening, made me think of you.

Beeches Walk chippy Jim - if you know it - it's Chris' uncle's shop lol. It's all happening on the Jockey Rd...

That's my chippie elle,LOL, we use it quite often, they do a great donner there love.

Mmmm chips!

Takeaways are the hardest to resist!

Word is, Jim, it's not as good as it used to be now it's gone to the son. My mother-in-law used to work there so you've prob been served by her lol. I've never tried their food though, would be interesting! Not that i'm tryin to divert business from Chris' family but the chippy at New Oscott is particularly good too!

Hi elle,

I wasn't about to say it but it's true, and the son is grumpy as well, the old man was great and we often stopped to chat, usually about Cyprus and stuff.

Hi Elle,
I get married the day before you, and have read your diary with interest.
I hope you're having a good week. How's the back? I have a stupid medical condition that makes my joints very sore and it's a pain in more ways than one when you're trying to shift weight!

Do you know why your back is sore?
Hi Lucy, what condition do you have if you don't mind me asking? I have a connective tissue disorder so I know what you mean about being a pain! x

Hi Taz,

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (basically put the body doesn't make collagen properly).

You?

I've been so bad this week I've just undone last week's good work! :sigh:

Hi Taz,

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (basically put the body doesn't make collagen properly).

You?

I've been so bad this week I've just undone last week's good work! :sigh:
Ah yes I have heard of EDS, I have HMS and I think they are closely linked. I see a lot written about EDS in some of the HMSA literature and on the HMSA forums

To be honest Taz, I think that the only difference is that HMS affects only the joints, EDS does joints as well as skin, muscl healing weakness etc.

The bendyness of my joints gave me HMS diagnosis. The hernias, funny looking scars, high palate, too long "wing span", etc shifted it to EDS.

Do you suffer with alot of pain? :(

To be honest Taz, I think that the only difference is that HMS affects only the joints, EDS does joints as well as skin, muscl healing weakness etc.

The bendyness of my joints gave me HMS diagnosis. The hernias, funny looking scars, high palate, too long "wing span", etc shifted it to EDS.

Do you suffer with alot of pain? :(
HMS is all connective tissue including collagen, blood etc. You can be 'hypermobile' without having HMS but I think HMS is like a mild form of EDS. I get a lot of pain sometimes but not constantly. It's good days and not so good days really. I get most problems with my knees and TM joints and I get palpitations, dizzy spells, fatigue etc. I sometimes get bruises that can't be explained and I look about 12 due to the 'floppy collagen' thing!

Morning! did we all have a nice break?

HMS is all connective tissue including collagen, blood etc. You can be 'hypermobile' without having HMS but I think HMS is like a mild form of EDS. I get a lot of pain sometimes but not constantly. It's good days and not so good days really. I get most problems with my knees and TM joints and I get palpitations, dizzy spells, fatigue etc. I sometimes get bruises that can't be explained and I look about 12 due to the 'floppy collagen' thing!

To be honest they sound identical really! Though I'm not sure about the Floppy collagen looking about 12 thing?

People do tell me I don't look any different than I did aged 12.... I just sorta presumed I always looked old. :p

What do you mean Taz?

Well I have just turned 30 and I still get asked for ID! I just assumed I always looked young. Aparently people with HMS and EDS can have 'floppy collagen' which means the skin will look younger and less wrinkly, also means it's very unlikely to get hardening of the arteries later in life. But it can also cause reflux in the heart which thankfully I don't have any signs of. Not sure if that's what causes the palpitations too though

Taz, when we met last year you didn't even look 18 to me, so it's now wonder you still get asked for ID.

well you need to don't you.:)

There was a Brum meet in Jury's. I think you were busy and didn't make it. It was a shame you weren't there too

Was that only last year Taz? I had it in my mind it was the year before love.

Back