*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

Wow your weight loss is amazing! The pictures on this website are so inspiring!

AWh! Cookie, some great advice you have given. I need to apply that it I don't stick to SnS over next week. There are other ways of losing weight and not just through a vlcd. It is hard, very hard and I've done it twice before but I am tired, tired of trying, of being fat etc but I won't give up. Catching up on Minis following a few days of doing ostrich routine is enlighting. We all are different and all have our struggles and deal with our relationship with food in different ways. I have to admit I find it fascinating and a releif somewhat that I am not alone in my struggle with my relationship with food.

Dave, you're doing so well on your vlcd!! Keep going!

Hi Cookie - only just stumbled across your thread and have just read the whole thing. Fantastic achievement and I am delighted you finally got your referral through. Had a bit of a lump in my throat at your birthday post to be honest! :)

I know I won't have a hope in hell of getting my skin done on the NHS so I'm saving up for a possible Tummy Tuck next year. Personally I think everyone who loses a significant amount of weight through their own means, i.e. no bands etc, should be allowed a procedure. But that's wishful thinking I know! Anyway, I'm rambling. Bl00dy well done, I don't know you from adam but I'm proud of you :happy096:

:wow: you are amazing and an inspiration :). To start off at 30st and still have the determination and self control to keep going all the way down to 14st is incredible and :thankyou: for sharing your story, it has definitely inspired me to keep going. WELL DONE :553:

Wow! Omfg!!!!
Lost for words!!! I'm glad you did put this on, so inspiring! Xxx
Well done you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Cookie - only just stumbled across your thread and have just read the whole thing. Fantastic achievement and I am delighted you finally got your referral through. Had a bit of a lump in my throat at your birthday post to be honest! :)

I know I won't have a hope in hell of getting my skin done on the NHS so I'm saving up for a possible Tummy Tuck next year. Personally I think everyone who loses a significant amount of weight through their own means, i.e. no bands etc, should be allowed a procedure. But that's wishful thinking I know! Anyway, I'm rambling. Bl00dy well done, I don't know you from adam but I'm proud of you :happy096:

:wow: you are amazing and an inspiration :). To start off at 30st and still have the determination and self control to keep going all the way down to 14st is incredible and :thankyou: for sharing your story, it has definitely inspired me to keep going. WELL DONE :553:

Oh my god! U look amazing! Well done! X

Wow! Omfg!!!!
Lost for words!!! I'm glad you did put this on, so inspiring! Xxx
Well done you!!!!

That's amazing. Well done !

Thank you so much everyone :) - I know i keep saying it but it's so nice to get compliments, up until now i've been overweight all my life and gradually got bigger through the years and as you can imagine i never got compliments, mostly the opposite. It's a nice but strange feeling to get them, on here, and in person with people i meet that i haven't seen for a while etc :)

Cat Lover Sue - Never say never with regards to the tummy tuck on the NHS, when your close to your goal weight go see the Dr and see if you meet the criteria for skin removal. I can't remember them all off the top of my head but i got through on 2 criteria. 1) weight of skin is too heavy to let you achieve a normal BMI and 2) over 50% weight loss with some extra bit added that i can't remember. Some area's don't fund it full stop no matter what criteria you meet so i would do a bit of research. Thank you so much for saying your proud of me, it means alot, whether it comes from strangers or friends :). I'm a bloke and i can admit i had a lump in my throat writing it so i know how you feel and again thank you for saying it :)

Julieann - Yeah i can't believe looking back how i kept going for so long, i was lucky though and it fell into place for me and i lost weight most weeks so i never had any excuse to get disheartened by it all. I was surprised i had in me because self belief etc was so low when i started, it just shows that a little luck, good results etc goes along way when doing something like this. I hope you succeed in your journey and i'll always try and pop in on this forum if you have any questions.

Zest for Life - Thank you and lol at your response :) - If i inspire one person to keep going etc then it makes putting stuff on this forum so worthwhile :)

On another note, over the last few weeks after talking to a few people, they are amazed and don't realize that how being as big as I was effects your daily life. For example, i'm going to Amsterdam this weekend, and it is my first time abroad, and people say "oh i can't believe you've never been abroad before" and i say well i never went because i couldn't fit in the seats and they say "oh yeah, i never thought of that" :)

Cookie

Just enjoy your life now! And I do hope you get the surgery for skin removal, you done amazing, keep us posted on your maintenance, don't disappear ! I'm sure you'll inspire alot more people than you can imagine! Omfg your awesome!!!;) well done!!!
It's never too late to live happily ever after!
That's a quote for you x:)

WOW WHAT A MASSIVE (very small looking) Inspiration U ARE !!! Thank you so much just what I needed to keep me going ..make sure u keep us up to date with ur op and good luck hope you get a date very soon xx

Oh my gosh!!! You are such an inspiration!!! Well done you look absolutely amazing! :D

Thank you both, i've said it before but i still find it weird when people say how small / thin etc you look, i suppose i still haven't got used to it. I was looking at some photo's today that were taken at the weekend with a group of us and i was thinking where am i, and someone said there in the middle you idiot. I just didn't pick myself out as i was looking for a big guy!!

I'm sure you guys will get to your goals, and if i can help, i will try my best for you both.

Good luck with it all

Cookie

Just read your story- so inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing- it shows you can do anything with the right amount of determination!

Well done, that is an amazing story. You are a hero! So inspirational.

Back