*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

My first time on this site and have just signed up and this is the first thing I have clicked on! Wow what an inspiration, congratulations!! x

WoW
You look amazing! And I love the pic of you and your slam man wearing your old shirt! You rock!

hugs
Jo
x

wow wow wow what an amazing weight loss, you have done so well, I bet you are so much more confident now, you really are an inspiration for those of us just starting on our weight loss journeys, Em x

well done man, quality achievement

WOW!!! and wow again!!! You have done amazingly well! Well done! All the best for your op! :)

that's staggering , well done

Wow, well done hun, u truely are an inspiration, best of luck and enjoy the new slinky, sexy u xx

wow cookie12 you've done amazing. well done xx

Thanks for that, I can't do much exercise as I have arthritis which is currently giving me gip in my hips, so its not easy. I do have a dog though and she drags me out twice everyday. I'm also a sister in a very busy a&e dept, so I think you can say I do enough exercise considering.

I'm on wk 3 now and I'm doing OK, can't say I'm particularly enjoying the food but it's given me the insight to why I'd put on so much weight and I'm not cheating so that's always a bonus. It's also detoxed me and once I've lost the weight I can and will have a fresh start.

I had quite a few personal problems before I put the weight on, all of which followed on from each other (diagnosed arthritis, failed IVF, cheating husband and my parents split up) one thing led to another and I started drinking and eating ridiculous amounts. I'm a year sober now, I didn't have a problem with the demon drink but it didn't mix well with my arthritis drugs and it has a high calorie count, so I thought right that's it and I've not touched it since. I then thought I'd tackle my other demon....food. After several attempts of trying to lose weight and failing miserably I started the CD after reading a paper cut out which my mum had seen and given to me and here I am!

I can't believe how much weight you've lost though, you only started in sept 2010 and you've lost 16st. WOW. I bet your partner, family and friends are really chuffed for you.

All the best Cookie, speak soon hopefully.

Cookie x

Fantastic weight loss and well done. You have worked hard to get where you are now and it just shows that whatever weight you are, it can be done

WOW! Well done, you have done incredible :D You are such an inspiration!!

M x

Lol I bet I get like that now everybody gives me complements and I'm like ummmm thanks and I've only lost 3nhalf stone lol xxx

Just read your story- so inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing- it shows you can do anything with the right amount of determination!

Well done, that is an amazing story. You are a hero! So inspirational.

My first time on this site and have just signed up and this is the first thing I have clicked on! Wow what an inspiration, congratulations!! x

Wow you have done great cookie 12:) x

WoW
You look amazing! And I love the pic of you and your slam man wearing your old shirt! You rock!

hugs
Jo
x

Well done mate, such a great loss.

Wow, that's an incredible achievement! Congratulations!!

wow wow wow what an amazing weight loss, you have done so well, I bet you are so much more confident now, you really are an inspiration for those of us just starting on our weight loss journeys, Em x

You've done amazing! You should be so proud, bet everyone who knows you is! x

well done man, quality achievement

Thats really cool, well done!!

WOW!!! and wow again!!! You have done amazingly well! Well done! All the best for your op! :)

that's staggering , well done

Wow, well done hun, u truely are an inspiration, best of luck and enjoy the new slinky, sexy u xx

wow cookie12 you've done amazing. well done xx

Thanks for that, I can't do much exercise as I have arthritis which is currently giving me gip in my hips, so its not easy. I do have a dog though and she drags me out twice everyday. I'm also a sister in a very busy a&e dept, so I think you can say I do enough exercise considering.

I'm on wk 3 now and I'm doing OK, can't say I'm particularly enjoying the food but it's given me the insight to why I'd put on so much weight and I'm not cheating so that's always a bonus. It's also detoxed me and once I've lost the weight I can and will have a fresh start.

I had quite a few personal problems before I put the weight on, all of which followed on from each other (diagnosed arthritis, failed IVF, cheating husband and my parents split up) one thing led to another and I started drinking and eating ridiculous amounts. I'm a year sober now, I didn't have a problem with the demon drink but it didn't mix well with my arthritis drugs and it has a high calorie count, so I thought right that's it and I've not touched it since. I then thought I'd tackle my other demon....food. After several attempts of trying to lose weight and failing miserably I started the CD after reading a paper cut out which my mum had seen and given to me and here I am!

I can't believe how much weight you've lost though, you only started in sept 2010 and you've lost 16st. WOW. I bet your partner, family and friends are really chuffed for you.

All the best Cookie, speak soon hopefully.

Cookie x

Congratulations you've done great :)

Fantastic weight loss and well done. You have worked hard to get where you are now and it just shows that whatever weight you are, it can be done

WOW! Well done, you have done incredible :D You are such an inspiration!!

M x

Wow, thank you so much everyone, loads more comments than i was expecting since the last time i logged (sorry i've not been on more often lately), seen some lovely comments :) - i think someone called me sexy, that's the first time anyone has ever said that about me!!!!, so that was pretty cool to read :)

I've got my consultant appointment on Tuesday, hoping everything goes ok, going into it a bit blind as i have no idea what the NHS have agreed to pay for, i hope they have agreed to remove the majority / worse bits (chest, stomach, abdomen etc) but i don't want to get my hopes up and then turn up and they say, well were only doing your abdomen, you have to be referred for every bit. Anyone on here been through a similar process and know how it works?

I really need it sorting, it's holding me back now, i've stopped going the gym and doing alot of exercise in general because the skin gets in the way and is very uncomfortable as it flaps about etc, i need to get back into it as i've started to fall off the wagon abit and i've put 2 pounds on the last few weeks :(

Roll on Tuesday!!!

Cookie

It likes a lot of things really, if you keep complaining to GP that you are really unhappy with certain things about your body (chest size, worts and things with your body in general) the more they'll be inclined to do something about it.

For instance if you are unhappy because you have excess skin and it's STOPPING YOU LIVING YOUR LIFE. This is a major reason why it should be change, it's causing a MASSIVE IMPACT ON YOUR MOOD, is another huge reason why the nhs should do something.

The nhs are supposed to help people with problems so that it doesn't become a bigger expense for them in the future. Like excess weight costs the nhs millions a year because of the diseases it can cause....heart attack, diabetes, arthritis etc and mental health problems also put a massive strain on the nhs because it more often than not leads people to drink/drugs and other serious mental health problems.

What I'm trying to say is that the more you hassle your GP about being unhappy and that unless something is done about the excess skin (or whatever) the more likely you are to fail and go back to how you were because you are not the way u want to be. You have not fulfilled your journey (u may not feel like this exactly, but they don't know that).

I'm not saying people should take the p**s completely as I work in the nhs and far to many patients take it things for granted but there are some very genuine cases about and because of those few individual time wasters the genuine patients don't get what they deserve. X

Hope I've not offended anyone x

Last edited:
Hey Cookie, i just want to say you have done absolutely amazing. you should be extremely proud of yourself, you look brilliant now :) xx

Back