*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

Craig I've just read your original thread and you have done amazingly too! 11 stone loss in under a year is fantastic! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you, with what i lost at the start of the year ive now lost 14st 7lbs total in 10 months, its crazy lol

CraigA said:
Thank you, with what i lost at the start of the year ive now lost 14st 7lbs total in 10 months, its crazy lol

Well that's brilliant work! Well done! And that's on slimming world?

Hi again everyone,

I thought i would give an update again since it's been 2 weeks since last being on (sorry for being useless at logging on the site!!). Well i said an update but to be honest not alot has changed in the last 2 weeks, the only real thing of note that has happened is that the hole / leak in my scar decided to heal, which was just after i last updated, and then a week later it decided to open up again and leak a little again. In fact i now have another tiny tiny little whole about 3 inches to the left of the original hole, so i now have 2!!! - they hardly leak at all though. My pressure sore is still there, although i'm told it has vastly improved and isn't too far off from healing fully (hopefully!!!)

District nurse has told me off though because she say's i'm doing too much (i said i was getting out and about and doing things etc because i was bored out of my mind) but she said i could do a little, in fact i need to, but not too much as i still need my rest. She said i need to be really careful at this stage of my recovery because she said "you feel ok" now but everything is still healing, especially internally, so you feel like you can start doing things, but if you do too much you could set yourself back. I said i'm not running marathons or anything, i'm just getting out, like walking round the shops, or visiting friends, which she said is fine, but just said again just be careful etc. I agree with what she's saying but it's hard to find a balance i suppose!!!! - They don't want me lying about all day, but they don't want me up on my feet walking round for hours either.

cookie

Hey cookie :) how are things now? You must surely be well on your way to recovery! Xx

Hey cookie :) how are things now? You must surely be well on your way to recovery! Xx

Hello again,

Wowzers didn't realise how long it had been since last being on here!!!

Yes i'm well on my way to fully recovering thank you, i still have a tiny tiny hole on my scar which is still moist to the touch (so slightly leaking still) and it is slightly red but it's nothing compared to how it was before obviously. My pressure sore is still being a bugger though. At a district nurse appointment 2 / 3 weeks ago she said it was fully healed, but i still had to look after the area for a while as it's new skin / fragile etc, but i'm going to be honest and i took my eye of the ball a little and a week later my bum felt sore again, and at the next district nurse appointment she told me i had developed another sore, so lesson learnt well and truely there!!! - Don't get me wrong i wasn't sitting on my bum for hours on end without moving etc, but i underestimated how fragile the area was still, and i didn't listen to the advice given to me about wearing a dressing on the area for another couple of weeks. I foolishly thought it's healed and as long as i don't sit on my arse all day it won't come back, how wrong was i!!!!

In a matter of 1-2 days i had developed a grade 2 sore about 1cm x 1cm, which is just unbelievable really, because like i said apart from the dressing, i thought i was still being careful i.e. changing sitting position, getting up out of my seat at work every 30-45 minutes etc, basically the stuff i'd been doing for weeks. The nurse gave a bit of a telling off and said that area of skin is so so thin and will be for a while, and i must be extra extra careful with it. It's healing up very quickly though again!!!

My Dr's told me my scar (bar hole of course) is looking very nice, and is healing well, however i have got something called a granuloma (google it) which causes a little discomfort just under a section of my scar, but again compared to past discomforts and pains it's completely manageable. I'm still not able to any major exercise, so most gym work is out of the question until about February, the dr's said it's because i have to let my body heal on the inside and let it all settle down etc. So i've had some major setbacks and i'm not fully there yet, but i've definitely got on the right side of getting there now and i can't believe it's 3 months on monday since i had the op. The time has absolutely flown by, and i've been back at work for 4 weeks!!! - i would say i'm at about 80% now to feeling how i was before the op :)

Also, touch wood, i seem to be maintaining my weight at approx 14st 7llb at the moment, like most people it could 1-2llb either side of that every week, but that's normal (fluid etc) but at least it doesn't continue to go up, so i'm chuffed with that considering i'm not exercising at all at the moment. We'll see what Christmas week bring though lol :)

Thanks for keeping tabs on me lol

Cookie

Well that's brill news that you are 80% recovered. So pleased for you. It amazing how much it affects the body. I just thought it was a pretty simple procedure and recovery was quick. I'm glad I've followed your story so if I ever go through this in the future I will know what to expect.
I hope you have a great Christmas xxx

This is so amazing. Almost lost for words. Congratulations sir, major kudos to you!

What was your exercise regime?

There are a lot of pages on here so I apologize if you have already made a post about it.

I am generally interested on what you did. I can see a boxing dummy there, which is something I also own.

I am doing interval rowing machine workouts 6 times a week, 40 minutes per day. I will include boxing and jogging eventually with it.

Again, congrats!

Wow! Thank you for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Woow Cookie I can't expressed how impressed I am!! very well done! you did amazingly well! and you chose a helthy approach, healthy eating and excercise that's the best way to do it! once again congratulations and thanks for sharing, you are true inspiration!

This is so amazing. Almost lost for words. Congratulations sir, major kudos to you!

What was your exercise regime?

There are a lot of pages on here so I apologize if you have already made a post about it.

I am generally interested on what you did. I can see a boxing dummy there, which is something I also own.

I am doing interval rowing machine workouts 6 times a week, 40 minutes per day. I will include boxing and jogging eventually with it.

Again, congrats!

Thank you very much :)

I was a huge guy, and i started off small in terms of exercise, i was doing small weights and just walking up and down the stairs a few times. I then bought a treadmill and this thing literally changed my life, i went on it 4-5 times a week for nearly 18 months!!! - I first started of small again and could only manage 10-15 minutes but i just kept going and going and slowly increased my stamina etc. Near the end i was doing a mixture on steep incline walks, jogging with some running but more importantly i was sticking it out for 1-1.5 hours and together with my diet the weight was just dropping off me. I did start to other stuff though as time went by, as you said i bought the slam man which you can see in the picture and i did eventually join a gym.

At the gym i did more cardio work like rowing (best out there in my opinion) and the cross trainers etc, but i started doing more work with weights etc.

For weight you definately need to go down the cardio route, but maybe not 100% of the time like i started out, i don't know what personal trainers would recommend but i'd go for 80% cardio 20% resistance.

Good luck with your journey

Cookie

Thank you very much :)

I was a huge guy, and i started off small in terms of exercise, i was doing small weights and just walking up and down the stairs a few times. I then bought a treadmill and this thing literally changed my life, i went on it 4-5 times a week for nearly 18 months!!! - I first started of small again and could only manage 10-15 minutes but i just kept going and going and slowly increased my stamina etc. Near the end i was doing a mixture on steep incline walks, jogging with some running but more importantly i was sticking it out for 1-1.5 hours and together with my diet the weight was just dropping off me. I did start to other stuff though as time went by, as you said i bought the slam man which you can see in the picture and i did eventually join a gym.

At the gym i did more cardio work like rowing (best out there in my opinion) and the cross trainers etc, but i started doing more work with weights etc.

For weight you definately need to go down the cardio route, but maybe not 100% of the time like i started out, i don't know what personal trainers would recommend but i'd go for 80% cardio 20% resistance.

Good luck with your journey

Cookie

Thanks for sharing buddy.

I have a treadmill in my house too, but it has a max weight of 16st :( So got wait a while before I can use it.

Rowing certainly is awesome. Works out nearly the whole body intensively, and it is very enjoyable for me.

Did you completely cut-out unhealthy food? Did you ever treat yourself on occassion?

:wow: Another great effort to inspire others. Enjoy your new self!!

Awesome stuff Cookie and im glad you are feling alot better.

Ive been maintaining now for about 6 weeks and im hoping to have skin removal done to. Although i have not been to my local doctor yet as i want to show them that i can maintain the weight for a few months first.

Well done again as its an astonishing thing you have done good on you.

Well done!! I hope you're recovered well from your surgery and that Christmas wasn't too much of a challenge. Thanks for sharing - it's very inspirational :)

I'm also a little nervous this week because i'm presenting at an NHS conference :eek:. I was asked because i was referred and accepted onto the lifestyle programme which is run locally here and they want me to be there and tell my story. There will be GP's, Practice Nurses and even representatives from the department of health at the event, and i've got to get up and talk to a hall full of health professionals!!!

WOW! Ur actually a whole new person! WELL DONE YOU!!!

I am a Health Care Professional & would be intrigued to hear you tell your story! Dont be nervous, you truly are an inspiration & by speaking with these HCPs will inturn be aiding others in their journey in battling their demons with weight / food!

All the very best of luck in your new life as the new you!!!

xxx

Amazingly well done.

Back