Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

Evening girlies, just logging on quickly before I go out again!

Been to the spa day and it was F.A.B!! Shattered now tho!

I was naughty last night and had a BIG blow out! I took lots of quorn burgers, quorn sausages etc, salad etc over my friends for the barbie and I mega over ate! Didn't go over my fat allowance, just ate loades! So didn't count cals! I also had half a bottle of rose wine - so 270cals!!

But back on track now ready to weigh in Monday!

Today I had fruit for brekkie, the buffet lunch @ the spa and not sure what we're having for tea.

Buffet lunch was potato wedges (that were oven cooked - I asked!), carrot sticks, salad, wholemeal bread roll and peppered chicken skewers! I DID have a meringue nest with mixed berries and a welsh cake for desert! But no wine today! Just one cup of tea, a diet lemonade and LOTS of water!

Spent an hour in the gym, just short spurts on different machines so I wouldn't get bored! Rowing machine -10mins, bike-10mins, cross trainer-7mins (I was dying!), treadmill 5mins then I went around all the weights machines and did reps of 10, 3 times on each machine (there were about 6) and then reps of 10 with the dumb-bells. Then I did 20 sit ups!

Then we showered and went in the pool, swam a few lengths and then spent the day relaxing in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and reading my book on my lounger!

Now going over my friends to watch X Factor! No alcohol tonight tho!

I'll log on tomorrow and update properly and to chat to people xx

Morning girlies,

No AB and I've STILL been up early! Woke up in a cold sweat about 6am thinking it was WI day today! then realised it was Sunday! But I still couldn't go back to sleep!

Really hope WI on Boots scales shows a good loss so i'm re-motivated for next month, BUT I've promised myself that even if the loss isn't big I'm not going to stop -a loss is a loss and a step in the right direction.

For September I'm gonna aim for a loss between 12-16lbs!! So, if I've lost around 12lbs this time, then lose 12-16lbs next time that'll mean I can cross ALL of the first lot of targets off my signature, and the first one of my second lot of targets!! So that'll be motivation to look at that every time I log on!

I want to have lost at least 36lbs by the time I go back to my doctor, that would've been 12 weeks of my new lifestyle, at 3lbs/week and will be nearly 15% of my start body weight!! So she should def give me more tabs to keep going then!

And THEN I should be able to cross off more targets!!

Exercise today is cleaning! The house from top to bottom, giving everything a good old scrub! back breaking stuff!

Still a bit achey from yesterday but Ooooh it was a lovely spa day! A jacuzzi is just what is needed after the gym and swimming! TOTALLY relaxes you!

I've made myself a promise that because I love the Spa-thing so much, every time I lose 3 stone I'm going to book one and go! So it'll be a reward pamper day for all my hard work! I'm gonna get nail extensions and gems done next time I go too and a facial! So some proper pampering!

SO, I should get 4 pamper sessions in to reach goal!

-3 stone = 15 stone 6
-6 stone = 12 stone 6
-9 stone = 9 stone 6
And one when I get to goal!

I'm going to do other things in between the Spa treatments to celebrate smaller losses too! But the Spa thing will be a fab incentive to me and keep me spurred on til the next time!

Already got some other incentives, the money thing I mentioned earlier in my posts, where I put £ away for my losses (to buy clothes, make up, treat myself to pampering, instead of spending it on take aways!)

Got the incentives of being able to wear the new clothes I bought myself! CAN'T wait to wear those RI trousers my mum bought me! Or the blue and black belted top!

I tried on a pair of combat trousers I bought myself when I was pregnant, (I thought I'd fit into them after popping AB out! Sadly, not so!) they didn't get past my thighs a month ago! I can now pull them up, do the zip and the button up and dance around in them! They're still a bit tight tho and emphasise my fat rather than scream "Look at me - I've lost weight!" Lol. So gonna wait to wear them til they fit better! They're only casual trousers for around the house/wearing with trainers on my days off but they had a lively diamante pattern down the leg - i'm a sucker for anything sparkly so had.to.have!

And GOOD GOOD news for me!! We ARE going to the Isle of Wight next weekend! My parents have offered us money to go!! We had already booked and paid for a gorgeous lodge with fab leisure facilities, we just didnt have spending money to take....so we're going to go and have a "cheapy" weekend, so no eating out, just a big healthy shop from the Supermarket, eating in, lots of dvds and relaxation in the evenings and lots of walks, time in the pool and the gym in the day!! SO excited!

We're going shopping once we get there and I've made a BIG list of healthy stuff I need/want, to stop me from being naughty! Coz we'll have our foody friends with us and I don't wanna spoil my diet by eating what they're eating!

AB is home tomorrow!!!! She's only been away for 2 nights, 1 day so far but I'm missing her like CRAAAAAAAAZY! Apparently she's been saying "dadda" all weekend tho! Thanks a bunch hunni! lol!

Food-wise today I have NO idea what I'm having, but it's going to be "good" not "naughty"!

It's OH'S nan's birthday today, she's 85, so we've gotta go over there for a little party thing, but I'm gonna make sure I eat before we go so I'm not at all tempted! I'm OK if I've eaten, its if I'm starving then faced with healthy or not healthy, coz I'm starving I'll go straight for the fattiest foods! Not today! Def gonna eat before we go!

Think I'm gonna have a little brekkie of yogurt and fruit, then have a turkey dinner early about half 12, before going to the party! I can fill up on lots of lean turkey and veg and be stuffed so wont be able to face food at the party!

I just realised I've written a bloody essay again! So gonna go bk to bed to cuddle OH who's taking advantage of his Sunday morning lie in coz AB's not here to kick us awake!

xxxx

Another lively post, glad to hear you are able to go to the IOW after all. And so lovely that you are able to have child free times, think that was one of our downfalls. So, enjoy! xx

Thanks hun, it IS nice to have "child-free" times, but we don't do it very often so I'm missing her like crazy! Also, its only MY mum we've got who can have her for us (OH'S mum likes a drink too much!) and my sisters have all got young children (all under 3) so we normally have to fight for a babysitter! Like this year, she's booked up for all the big christmas nights ALREADY!

Just got off the phone to my mum and I'm BALLING my eyes out! AB has been crying since 5pm til now and saying "mumma, mumma" over and over and they can't console her! Breaking my heart now! We're driving down to pick her up in the morning, SO wanna go NOW! But we've got 3 alasation dogs so we can't leave them on their own all night.

Hope are you feeling today Abbey??

Just been to Castle Bingo! How sad! Didn't even win a penny and there was £10,000+ up for grabs!

Was meant to be going to a "beach party" in a local pub, but didn't fancy being surrounded by skinny mini's in shell bras and hula skirts! Maybe next year when I'm 6 stone lighter!

Haven't been too good on the exercise front today! We've had a "bed day" (wink wink!) lol and a cwtchy, relaxing day.

Food-wise I've had fruit for brekkie, a WW tomato&basil chicken and potato wedges meal for dinner (279cals), 2 pieces of toast (170cals) and a big ham salad with a few chips(!) off OH's plate - they made me SO ill, stomach pains n everything - never again! DEF have flushed them all back out now tho!

WI in the morning! Fingers crossed for 12lbs!

Oooh girlies, I've found a fab incentive to get the Bio Oil out! Have a nice shower/bath then pretend you've got a bad back and get OH to rub it in! Much nicer and you can just lie back and be lazy! Got him to do it 3 times today! He did question why I wanted him to rub it in my belly and bingo wings when I'd said I had a bad back!! But just bluff! I said coz if he spread the oil ALL over me, I wouldn't feel "oily" just on my back! Ha ha!

Going to nosey at other people's pages now.....Hope you're all good and are having a good bank hol weekend xxxx

GL for WI in the morning hun can't wait to hear how you get on. SOuns like the most WONDERFUL weekend in the spa mmm my idea of heaven and a lovely idea about getting more treatments the more you lose you'll soon get there :)

Morning girlies!

Not feeling too great this morning! Didn't sleep well last night, got to sleep about 3am and got up at 7am. And no babba in the house either. I felt REALLY bloated and sore all night and I twisted and turned all through the night.

Got up this morning and it's TOTM!! Not good when it's my first monthly WI!! And not good when I'm not even due on for another 2 weeks! Only came off a short while ago. These tablets are reaking havoc with my cycle!

I'm not going to put it off today though, I'm gonna still go and weigh in see what the scales say.......I'm gonna switch to weekly WI after this tho! Especially if I'm coming on every other bloody week! When I was on SW I used to put on a massive 7lbs on WI day! Then the following week I'd loose it and more....so not feeling too optimistic on the scales today!

Fingers crossed tho!

I'll be posting my (hopeful!) weight loss tonight, as the Boots by me doesn't open til 10am today because of bank hol weekend and then I'm going to pick my daughter up and spend the day with her and my parents so I'll be home about 6pm tonight!!

Well, wish me luck!!

xxxx

hey hun!!!

fingers crossed for the WI! i just know you have done amazing!!

aww sorry to hear annabelle is missing he momma! Hope u guys all have fun today!!

Luv kate
xx

Hey missy how did you get on with your WI i bet you've done a lot better than you're expecting to!!!

Well......I lost 10lbs!

So a good loss. I am a tad disappointed as I thought it would be a bit more, but I'm obviously not one of those people who lose 4-5lbs a week! Just gonna have to try harder this month!

It was the same loss as when I stood on the scales at home before I went, so at least I know now that the both scales ARE the same! So I'm gonna switch to weekly WI's now, gonna weigh weekly at home and then once a month on Boots.

Also disappointed as when I stood on the scales at home on Friday, it was a 12lbs loss. Obv did some damage over the bank hol weekend or it could be TOTM that's added the pounds!

Onwards and downwards! I've crossed the first two targets off my list!

I've set myself a fortnightly target of 4lbs - quite large but I'm hoping I'll lose another 2lbs in water retention after TOTM settles down and then will just need to lose another 2lbs of actual fat, and that will let me cross off all my first set of targets! So exciting!

I've also set a target of 12lbs for September (10 like this month, and then the other two I wanted to lose this month! lol!)

So all-in-all quite pleased, would've like more, but it's a good start!

xxxx

Thats fab....you put in the hard work and you were rewarded. Good for you xx

Thanks hun, but it DOES feel kinda bitter-sweet feelings about a 10lb loss.....was hoping for more! Just gonna have to keep at it!

So far today I've done zilch exercise (been stuck in the car in traffic, travelling all day!) and food wise I've had:

*missed brekkie as had to go to be weighed and then to pick up AB

*Dinner - we had to stop in a greasy spoon caff for dinner, as there was SO much traffic on the motorway, so OH had a mega cooked breakfast.....and I resisted! The healthiest thing on the menu was panini's served with chips! So I asked them could they please make me up a ham one with no butter or mayo! They did and they served it with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cucumber instead of chips and it was yummy!

Not sure how many cals so if I guesstimate at around 550cals then I shouldn't go too far over today!

Tea is going to be my OH's home made chicken curry, rice and a few chips (made the slimming world way!)

So:
Chicken curry - 328cals // 9g fat
Rice - 275 cals // 2.7g fat
Chips - 144 cals // 0.2g fat

747cals // 11.9g fat

So total today - 1297cals

xxxx

Well done!!! I lost 10 at my first weigh in as well. TOTM certainly plays havoc with the scales so hopefully you will notice a difference next week.
Good luck. I love reading your posts they are so lively and inspiring. x

wow hun that is fantastic!! Well done hun!!!

Im so pleased for you! You have done sooo well this month! The water retention will be outta the way soon an im sure you will see a big loss next week!

Bet bella was soooo pleased to see you bless her! Did she have a good time?

I wouldnt worry about the panini its weigh day your allowed to stry a little! Congratson resisting the big breakie! I was not so good and had a large weatherspoons yesterday eeek! I know im gunna pay on friday for it cos i proper over indulged at the weekend! Oh well you can not be 100% all the time hehe

Hope your having a nice weekend

luv katie
xxx

Hey hunnie,

Thanks, bit gutted it wasn't more - but there's always this month!

I'm REALLY puzzled today....I woke up this morning feeling REALLY bloated and then I came on, have had REALLY bad period cramps all day (still have these now REALLY bad), but I stopped bleeding completely about an hour ago?? NEVER been like this before, so is def down to the tabs....

Anyway, THIS MONTH! Me and OH have agreed - no more eating out and no more takeaways! If we fancy take away food we're gonna cook something similar at home, e.g if we fancy takeaway pizza, we're gonna get a yummy one in Tesco that is low cal and less than 15g fat for me! If we fancy chinese, we'll make his home-made curry like tonight and have it with noodles, chips and rice! Its our new plan for at least this month!

I really wanna lose as much as poss by Christmas and we both need to save money so it's gonna be for double-good reasons!

I want to be @ least in the 14's by around the Christmas period, is this do-able??

I'm going to aim to lose 12-14lbs/month so that's 12-14's in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec......@3lbs a week, this is a massive 48lbs by Christmas, which means I'll be 200lbs exactly / 14.4 - so that'd be really motivating! I'm normally around a size 16-18 @ 14 stone too so that would be ALL my targets ticked off my Christmas!

So from tomorrow I'm really going for it! I'm going to be varying my cals again from 1200 to 1600 cals to shake things up and what I allow myself will depend on how active I'm going to be!

I'm going for 1300cals tomorrow as I'm going to be fairly sedentary in the day but am going to Aqua Aerobics for an hour in the night...if my period will stop messing around!

Then Wednesday I'm going to give myself 1600cals as I'm going to interviews in the day, then Curves then Aqua Aerobics so will be busy busy!

Thursday I will have around 1200cals as I won't be doing alot, just packing for the weekend and food shopping in the night.

Then Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday I'm away in the Isle of Wight @ the leisure complex, SO I don't be tempted to cheat I'm going to allow myself 1600-1700cals every day over the weekend, as I will be doing lots of walking, swimming and going to the gym and spinning classes every day.

I'm going to avoid alcohol completely, which will be fairly easy as I have AB and I don't drink at all when I have her with me. Avoiding the food won't be so easy! But we're taking LOTS of healthy stuff and I'm going to write a plan of what I'm allowed each day and try to stick to it! If all else fails I'll just sew my mouth up!

Going to bed now to cuddle up to AB as I've missed her like crazy!

xxxx

hey hun!!

thats soo crazy! i have just put on my post i am ditching the alcohol for a while!! Every time i have it i end up eating bad food! I always want a take away and im fed up of it now! So im giving it up for a month and am going to see how it goes! I initially said to OH that i will stop until christmas but he said 'katie, if you deny your self something for too long you will end up craving it and giving in!' Was the most sensible thing that has ever come outt his mouth! So i will do it for a month and see how it goes!

Well done on all the pre planning for your weekend away i just know you will stick to it! you really do sound sooo motivated and up beat in your posts! Its really catchin! i love reading cos it inspires me to do well!

Hope you have lots of happy cuddles with bubba hun!

speak tomoz

Lurrrrrrrrrrrve katie
xxx

Well......I lost 10lbs!

YAY WELL DONE YOU ( oops soz for shouting :rolleyes::D)

So a good loss. I am a tad disappointed as I thought it would be a bit more, but I'm obviously not one of those people who lose 4-5lbs a week! Just gonna have to try harder this month!

Who the hell are these people that you keep saying lose 4-5lbs a week....I don't know them ;)

It was the same loss as when I stood on the scales at home before I went, so at least I know now that the both scales ARE the same! So I'm gonna switch to weekly WI's now, gonna weigh weekly at home and then once a month on Boots.

I swear I'm going to come and hide your bloody scales;) ...stick to the SAME set of scales, weigh once a week, same time of day, same clothes.

Also disappointed as when I stood on the scales at home on Friday, it was a 12lbs loss. Obv did some damage over the bank hol weekend or it could be TOTM that's added the pounds!

You lost 10 freaking pounds!!!! Will you cut yourself some slack, please??????

Onwards and downwards! I've crossed the first two targets off my list!

I've set myself a fortnightly target of 4lbs - quite large but I'm hoping I'll lose another 2lbs in water retention after TOTM settles down and then will just need to lose another 2lbs of actual fat, and that will let me cross off all my first set of targets! So exciting!

A 4lb loss in 2 weeks is a SENSIBLE weight loss goal. A loss of 1-2lb per week is a good weightloss, and is also a weight loss that is more likely to be permanent :)

I've also set a target of 12lbs for September (10 like this month, and then the other two I wanted to lose this month! lol!)

So all-in-all quite pleased, would've like more, but it's a good start!

xxxx

We would all like more honey, but the reality is it took a long time for our bodies to get in the shape they were when we first started our weight loss journey, so its going to take a long time to work it all back off. Slow and steady wins the race. Frustrating? You betcha! Worth the wait, the work and the effort?? You betcha!!!!
xxxxx
xxx

Just what I needed! Love you Ali!

xxxx

You're doing so well Lynsey, just cut yourself some slack hun. You're losing weight, it's going, you're changing your life and making good choices. It's working, and whether you lose 10 lbs or 12lbs, give yourself a pat on the back, because you deserve it xxxx

MRS 10lbs is an amazing achievement just think in 4 months that's almost 3 stone!!!!! So by Xmas you could be 3 stone lighter now how good would that feel!

Don't be so hard on yourself, a weight loss of 2lbs per week equates to 8 stone in a yr!!!

Back