Im back with another mission ahead of me, 102 days till my big 40 !

just popped in to say "way to go chick" please send some of your motivation over here xxx

Thanks lastbiscuit, we all struggle at times but I'm sure you will feel back in the swing of things very very soon.

To be honest I'm just thrilled to be a day away from a full week lol. My official weigh in tomorrow and I honestly can't wait I started at 16.2 so will most definitely be in the next st down so who knows the week after I could even scrape into another st and its all the motivation I need to keep me on track. It just gets easier from here so I'm feeling tip top. I have slept longer than usual but I've been working a bit more. I'm not feeling tired during the course of the day nor do I feel cold or have headaches, I guess it's down to my " normal " lifestyle. Obviously I do overheat at times hence being overweight but I do often go long periods without eating at all hence why I think I find Cambridge a breeze once I'm in the zone. I think I have 2 major issues, one I've already said maintenance is a huge thing for me but I also think my metabolism is ruined so that in its self doesn't help. Of course I could be deluding myself about the latter but I'm convinced all the years of dieting will have ruined it.
That is something I will have to work on if that's even possible but hey Ho I'm certainly not going to dwell on as the losses keep showing I'm just going to get happier and happier :)

Keep up the good work girls, I will update after weigh in tomorrow x

Morning girls. . . . . . . . . .

Official week 1 weigh in this morning and I have dropped from 16.2 to 15.5

A whopping 11lb loss which is exactly the same as my week 1 loss last time :)

I am flipping buzzing, walking on air, hyper and most certainly back in the zone for the long haul :) nothing will stop me now as all my initial Cambridge feelings are back.

I'm setting my initial goal at 10.13 which some may think is quite high but it gets me into a healthy BMI and its around that weight where people said I was looking too thin last year and at the moment I would be over the moon to get there so that's my initial aim.

My exante stuff arrives on Tue but I won't be starting that until all of my CD stuff runs out as I don't want to mix the two. My only concern about exante is that there are no ready made tetra which I find so easy for my work case.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day, and once again thank you to everyone for your support and kind words x x x x

Wow that is amazing angel well done you x

Wow that is amazing angel well done you x

Thanks Bex it just makes it all worth while :) I know the losses will slow now but I don't mind as I averaged a st a month last year so will be happy with that :)

Well done Angel! It is great to hear you have that buzz again! I have no doubt like the last time nothing will stop you now! I think getting through the fist week (after having done vlcd before) it the most difficult thing to do first time around. But seeing the difference on the scale and feeling makes such a difference. Very pleased for you, I will cheering and nagging along the way! Though suspect if you are anything like last time you didn't even moan (unlike me ) about the wavering moments and temptation and feeling deprived! Go girl!!

Well done Angel! It is great to hear you have that buzz again! I have no doubt like the last time nothing will stop you now! I think getting through the fist week (after having done vlcd before) it the most difficult thing to do first time around. But seeing the difference on the scale and feeling makes such a difference. Very pleased for you, I will cheering and nagging along the way! Though suspect if you are anything like last time you didn't even moan (unlike me ) about the wavering moments and temptation and feeling deprived! Go girl!!

Thanks Kira, I'm still way heavier than I should have allowed but am fully focused and will get there in no time. You have always been a great support like others my down fall is my social life, I have so much booked over the next few months but I will treat them as SS+ days where possible and stick to non crab meals if I have to eat ( I honestly don't want to but weekends away would be ruined if I didn't at least have a evening meal with hubby ) So I will force myself grilled chicken or maybe salmon, planning ahead is the key as we know so I already have my thinking cap on as our 1st jaunt is 3 weeks time :)

Thanks again for all of your kind words and never ever feel you nag me as its your motivation that keeps a lot of us on track x x x

Awh! It was your motivation that got many of us inspired and going Angel! And you'll definitely do that again! I get so excited seeing everyone's weight loss not just my own! I'm rather glad I don't have a social life just now as I know it would distract me from getting to goal! My excuse is a teenager revising for GCSE's and then almost a month and a half of exams! It's great excuse not to invite people around for dinner! We used to do that a lot before!

Awh! It was your motivation that got many of us inspired and going Angel! And you'll definitely do that again! I get so excited seeing everyone's weight loss not just my own! I'm rather glad I don't have a social life just now as I know it would distract me from getting to goal! My excuse is a teenager revising for GCSE's and then almost a month and a half of exams! It's great excuse not to invite people around for dinner! We used to do that a lot before!

Good reasons / excuses, my son is doing his at the moment so I hadn't thought of that as a way of getting out of things, I like your thinking Kira :)

Your so motivated and focused your last few lbs will soon be gone x x x

I have to say I am feeling very apprehensive - almost like caving in and having a massive binge session. I won't but I do seem to have developed a fear of eating too much (alas not so with the alcohol!) For obvious reason I cant rely on having a glass or 3 of wine as a way to eat food! It's only because I 've spent most of my 40's being overweight and I'll be 47 this year. I just don't want to spend the next three years overweight. So goal first and then the maintenance which I seem to have been planning since the start of the year!

I have to say I am feeling very apprehensive - almost like caving in and having a massive binge session. I won't but I do seem to have developed a fear of eating too much (alas not so with the alcohol!) For obvious reason I cant rely on having a glass or 3 of wine as a way to eat food! It's only because I 've spent most of my 40's being overweight and I'll be 47 this year. I just don't want to spend the next three years overweight. So goal first and then the maintenance which I seem to have been planning since the start of the year!

Kira you know how much worse you will feel and that's why you won't have a binge. You are too controlled to binge and that's why we all have massive respect for you.
I know you want the last few lb's off and I hate to say it but maybe your body just doesn't want you to ?
Your height weight ratio is pretty damn good and some people would love to have your stats although I know myself that other people saying it doesn't help at all.
You know all of the right things to do and you do them so hang in in there as the last few lb's are always the hardest.
You will get there chick and you know it's all so worth while x

Morning all, another day, another dollar so they say.

My Exante order arrives late this afternoon and I will start on that as soon as I run out of my Cambridge products, my TOTM has been threatening since Sunday so I'm not friends with the scales and will avoid them until Sunday now as I'm conscious not to fall into the daily weight vs mental attitude.

My work blouse is noticeably looser around the middle but not my skirt yet.

Just like last time I'm lucky not to have felt any extra tiredness or headaches and thankfully will now be well into Ketosis.

Hope everyone is doing ok,

That's great you can feel,the difference in your blouse not long before your skirt gets looser too!

Must say I'm tired even though I seem to be in ketosis (i thought I wasn't yesterday but tested today and stick was pink so guess I must be!

That's great you can feel,the difference in your blouse not long before your skirt gets looser too!

Must say I'm tired even though I seem to be in ketosis (i thought I wasn't yesterday but tested today and stick was pink so guess I must be!

Kira I don't test for ketosis but as I'm now well into week 2 I have to be, I'm not sure your style of eating would knock you outbid it so trust your little stick and keep the faith :) fingers crossed your tiredness subsides.

My delivery of exante diet arrived late yesterday afternoon and it all looks good so I'm itching to start but am waiting until my Cambridge goodies run out. The bars look far healthier and bigger than Cambridge ones, they may weigh the same ( I will check but they appearing bigger )
I have 8 weeks supply so fingers crossed I like the products.

I think I'm day 11 today and as I thought my monthly friends have arrived. I am trying my hardest to keep of the scales as I know the fluctuation or smaller loss will only be temporary but I don't want to see it in case of a mental landslide lol.

Here to another day girls, we can do it :)

Last edited:
Well ladies another day over and I could kick myself, I hadn't wanted to tell too many people I'm back on a VLCD as I know most people's reactions but my fitness pal synced with my Facebook and within seconds I had 3 messages asking me :-(
I've un synced now but could kick myself, I just wanted to get in with it without the added pressure of constant questions and sly comments.

I have only 1 Cambridge bar left and only 4 ready made tetras. I do have loads of porridge and a few mint choc shakes but my Exante bars look fab so I can't wait to tuck into those. I will have one full last Cambridge day tomorrow then start Exante on Friday ahead of my weigh in on Sunday :)

I'm praying for any loss this week with my TOTM being here :-( but no mater how small this week I know I should have a good one next week so I'm not worrying too much.

Keep up the good work girls x x x

Angel I understand keeping vlcd quiet. Only my husband and kids knew about me and my space food and were under instructions not to say a word! I just couldn't handle added pressure!

However, I think you just ignore the sly comments and maybe fib to some that you are not doing complete vlcd and re using them only for breaking and lunch? Having at least one proper meal a day so it's like doing slim fast? For some reason people seem to think slim fast it to so bad as a vlcd!

At the end of the day losing weight is a very personal thing and it is your personal choice what you decide to eat or not. Be strong! Ignore and go about your own business. Draw strength for the fact you will succeed in losing and maintaining and prove them wrong. X

Angel I understand keeping vlcd quiet. Only my husband and kids knew about me and my space food and were under instructions not to say a word! I just couldn't handle added pressure!

However, I think you just ignore the sly comments and maybe fib to some that you are not doing complete vlcd and re using them only for breaking and lunch? Having at least one proper meal a day so it's like doing slim fast? For some reason people seem to think slim fast it to so bad as a vlcd!

At the end of the day losing weight is a very personal thing and it is your personal choice what you decide to eat or not. Be strong! Ignore and go about your own business. Draw strength for the fact you will succeed in losing and maintaining and prove them wrong. X

Kira your always bang on the head right :) I've had comments all day including,
its worse to put on and loose ALL of the time than it is to stay larger?
WTF I'm flipping livid, the girl in question has lost lots with WW but now has gall stone problems ( sp ) yet she has the cheek to talk to me about dieting.

My TOTM is driving me nuts and I have to confess to having some roast chicken and pitta bread ( no excuse but a bad day )
I do not want to fall into the trap of eating then not eating for a few days. I've spent over £200 on my Exante products and will not waste my money. Tomorrow is another day and I'm moving on from this evening and will start afresh in the morning. It will be my last Cambridge day and I'm off for a long weekend so will hopefully manage a walk or two if the weather is dry.

Feel a bit crap tonight, not just because of the chicken but TOTM are worse as I get older and I often feel sickly.

Off to bed feeling sorry for myself :-(

Hope everyone else is doing ok ?

Here's to a fresh start in the morning x x x

Angel hope you get a good sleep. I did hence I'm an early bird today! Compare a roast chicken pitta with a pizza or fish and chips or lasagne or pasta with creamy sauce or a curry from a takeaway filled with butter/oil (as opposed low cal one made at home). What did you do? You chose something healthier and more nutritious than the other things. Imagine if you had crisps and chocolate?! Hardly any nutrition but yes may have hit the spot to alleviate the awfulness of totm. You made a good choice. Yes if you can stick to vlcd 100% for as long as you can. However, prepare yourself mentally and physically for the days you need to be off plan or simply just need tat extra. Train your mind to accept the better choice of food so it impacts less on your weightloss journey. I'm really sharing my thoughts with you because I went through very much the same as you except I did on and off for 4 years maybe more since my first vlcd attempt and success. This time was enough as you know. To those that proffer advice listen and nod (in one ear out the other) tell them how wonder they are if you feel you need to say anything and how right they are. Then continue doing your thang! Amazing these people never comment when one isnt' on a diet or when one is gaining weight - that would deemed to be rude! Nuts! I know!

Angel hope you get a good sleep. I did hence I'm an early bird today! Compare a roast chicken pitta with a pizza or fish and chips or lasagne or pasta with creamy sauce or a curry from a takeaway filled with butter/oil (as opposed low cal one made at home). What did you do? You chose something healthier and more nutritious than the other things. Imagine if you had crisps and chocolate?! Hardly any nutrition but yes may have hit the spot to alleviate the awfulness of totm. You made a good choice. Yes if you can stick to vlcd 100% for as long as you can. However, prepare yourself mentally and physically for the days you need to be off plan or simply just need tat extra. Train your mind to accept the better choice of food so it impacts less on your weightloss journey. I'm really sharing my thoughts with you because I went through very much the same as you except I did on and off for 4 years maybe more since my first vlcd attempt and success. This time was enough as you know. To those that proffer advice listen and nod (in one ear out the other) tell them how wonder they are if you feel you need to say anything and how right they are. Then continue doing your thang! Amazing these people never comment when one isnt' on a diet or when one is gaining weight - that would deemed to be rude! Nuts! I know!

Thanks as always Kira.

I've awoken in quite a good mood. I had my morning shake and almost 1ltr of water.
I'm going to be 100% and your right about making choices and I did make a good one, I'm sure it won't affect my loss this week, I just pray I have one lol.
I'm hoping to get out and about and do a walk in the morning, I may even set my alarm early and be home by the time the children wake up lol ( youngest is almost 16 so no fear of leaving them sleeping ) its just getting myself out of the door as I am feeling the cold lots so will need lots of layers for my coastal route.

I have my last 2 Cambridge products then will have a Exante bar later this evening when I get home, I'm thinking if I save my bar for later tonight it will stop me going off track.

I'm going to maybe buy some health mags and flick through those. I have a few diet / nutrition books but some of them are too intense for me, I'm usually a fifty shades / shopaholic kind of book girl, anything not to taxing on the brain after a hard day :)

Here's to a good weekend for all of us x x x

You will be fine Angel, willpower all the way and as Ricky Gervais says:
People who criticise you have usually never achieved anywhere near what you have. Most of them would be too scared to try. Keep doing.
You keep going :)

Thanks Bex, today is my 1st Exante day and its going well :)

I think I'm going to do my diary over there as I don't want to confuse ppl or put people off Cambridge as it is a fab plan :)

Hope your journey continues to go well.

Thank you to everyone who have encouraged and supported me over the past year :)
You are all fab and I wish you every success.

I may still pop back in as Cambridge is kind if a way of life and I may feel the need for a consultant again x x x x

Back