Im back with another mission ahead of me, 102 days till my big 40 !

I'm so pleased you had the 3rd pack. I think the point Lastbiscuit /Tori made about the psychological aspect is a very good one as it could set you up for a fall.

By the way I thought at 5ft 7 one had to have 4 packs? Or do you have be be bit taller for that? Maybe worth checking with CDC?

Out of date cd packs are awful I experienced a tetra and it was vile! Return them! Have another good day and do have the bars if they keep you on track and especially if you start your walking. They won't make a difference to losses.

Morning Kira,

I've always had 3 packs so I must be just under the range for needing the 4th.

I'm pleased I had the 3rd as last year I tried to stick to it as much as possible and I know that's the only way it works, I'm contacting CDC today and should see her on Sat.

Day 4 and I'm back in the zone I'm so pleased I came back to the fold lol

Hope everyone has a good day :) x

Angel that's brilliant and not long now for day 4 to be at an end and halfway to weekly weigh in! It's getting those first few days until ketosis is fully in swing that is the hardest I know. Keep going petal and any time you waver post and I will nag though I don't necessarily follow my own advice I am a very good cheerleader and get so excited for everyone when they are doing well! I just want to push for everyone to get to goal. Try and get an early night if you can especially if you are still feeling tired as opposed to the keto buzz some people can get.

Evening all

Day 4 completed and I have to say this has been my hardest so far but I will not waiver.

Ketosis will be in full swing soon and my cravings will go. It was a particular item cooking at work this evening ( I won't mention which as I would hate to make people drool like I was lol ) the smell had me so tempted but I managed to get through the shift and I feel so flipping proud :)

I came home and had a orange bar which was my 3rd product of the day. Hand blender on my next grocery home delivery and I'm all set to keep on track.

Mega late shift tomorrow 5 pm till almost 3am so will figure when to best have my products as I get through the day.

Keep up the good work girls x x x x

Hooray! Well done!! I so know that feeling of overwhelming temptation and it's takes a huge amount of self control not to give into those signals our brains send us to go with the smell or stomach!

Day 5 for you! Almost a fully week! Doing fab!

Hooray! Well done!! I so know that feeling of overwhelming temptation and it's takes a huge amount of self control not to give into those signals our brains send us to go with the smell or stomach!

Day 5 for you! Almost a fully week! Doing fab!

Morning Kira

Morning girls

Day 5 is here and the scales have dropped. I'm not going to record my weight until my full week is over on Sunday :) but its just the motivation I need. I am so pleased I didn't cave in last night at work.

I do think I'm 100% back in the zone so thank you all for helping keep me on track the past few days.

I already feel a lot less bloated and can't wait to get back to the slim me inside who is bursting to get out.

Hope everyone is ok and thanks again x x x

Hi Angel - well done on getting back into the swing of it. I know it's extra hard when you have lost the weight before and gained again but it is possible to lose it again and you will be at that Vegas weight before you know it. Your into day 5 and will soon have your first week over with. Keep strong and keep focusing on the little steps and you'll be there before you know it.

For those wondering its 5ft 8 when you have to have 4 products. So you are an inch under that Angel and ok in 3.

Hi Angel

This reminded me of my life - had lost loads of weight then lost my mum to cancer and battled really hard and so weight piled back on. I will read your diary and hopefully be motivated to keep going on my journey - day 1 nearly over
Take care
Beck

Well girls another day just about over. Not struggled at all today in fact I've cancelled plans to go to a evening reception in a couple of weeks time so I know I'm most defiantly in the zone as I don't want to spoil my hard work and I'm not ready to get dressed for a big night out.
Luckily it was a friend of my hubby so he will go with some of his " lad " friends.

I've just had a chewy chocolate bar and eating that didn't feel like being on a diet at all.
I leave London at 22hr so will fill up on green tea during my trip home ( not that I'm remotely hungry )

Why oh WHY could I not have gotten straight back into it after my wedding I will never know but the good thing is its clicked this time and I know nothing will stop me and I will be back in my size 12's in the summer.

2nd time round may not be ideal as I shouldn't have allowed myself to get so big again but I'm still a stone lighter that the 1st time so it should be a shorter journey to get to goal although I'm now more than aware that's the easy bit.

Thanks again everyone and keep up the good work we will all be stunners for summer :)

Well done Angel. A full week under your belt and you'll be belting your way to goal.

As a third time vlcd'er (countless rubbish unsuccessful attempts inbetween) I highly recommend planning or maintenance or life after reaching gaol with real food. I know from past attempts that is where I went wrong I didn't plan ahead , I don't think or imagine how I would maintain my goal weight.

I know we hear often that lifestyle change is crucial (I hated hearing from my friends especially one particular friend who is a doctor & goes on and on about lifestyle change btw she is 4ft10 and tiny with hour glass figure b***!) BUT I now agree. Without hanging my old habits and relationship with food I will regain. I maintained jan and feb now losing again. A it takes time and practice.

my pat mistake have been getting to goal and the eating like I did before. Goal is not a magic number is what I have to remind myself. It takes ha rd work to,get there but even harder to maintain. I'm please I think I've finally "clicked"? I hope so!

Hi there,

I share ur frustration, i lost 5 and a half stone a few years ago doing scottish slimmers then ince i got to my target weight thought i could maintain it on my own.... How wrong was i.
The weight all near enough piled back on till i was near enough back ar square one an i think i hated myself more second time round as i knew i had worked so hard to lose the 5 and half stone to just throw it away and put i back on. Grrrrr
So hoping to have learned from my mistakes and hoping when i get back down to target to maintain it propery! We can get back there!!! X

Kira, ludgog

I know your both so very right, I'm going to have to think long and hard about this as I do not want to have to keep coming back even though I love it here I'm sure you understand what I mean.

I think for me maintenance is going to have to be as little carbs as possible as they sure are my Achilles heal when it comes to weight gain and loss of control.
I had planned in following slimming world last time but I just knew I would end up with my old habits creeping in and to be honest I'm just not sure how to stop that.

I'm going to have to fully change the way I think of food being a reward ie it was ok last time as it was honeymoon them the next excuse was Xmas and with me there has always been a reason to keep eating all the things which are so wrong for me. In reality I know they are not a treat but are indeed very bad for me but after almost 40 years of eating mainly excessive junk its a hard habit to break.

I'm actually considering hypnotherapy along with a zillion other things, anything is worth a try x

Morning Angel, I must sound like such know it nag! I just you succeed long term because sadly I've lost and regained twice and then spent two years depressed and over weight.

For me it's cutting carbs too bread rice and pasta but mostly bread to couple of times a week. I bought the fast diet book for 5:2 by Dr Mosley from the horizon programme and so far so good, I think that's the way I'm going to go with clean eating. It's idel for maintenance too.

My friend lost a stone and a half since dec/jan and looks fab. I admit I was sceptical when she started but now I've read the book and seen end result its looking good. Hardly any calorie counting only on fast days 500 and sensible eating on eat days!

my main problem when i was at my target was binge eating, id feel bad on a friday, have a huge meal go out drinking, feel worse the next day and eat even more then come sunday i was in mindset i had been bad all weekend and there was no point being good and that id start again on the monday... that monday never came and eventually it just spiralled out of control leading to regaining 3 stone :(

Kira your not a nag at all. I welcome all advise and your always super supportive so I thank you in fact I would rather people " nag " than don't as it all such a help.
I will look into the book thanks.
A girl at work bought a fasting book fromAmazon but I'm not sure which one it was so will check if the same one. Anything is worth a try and something which comes with a good recommendation is a good place to start :)

Ludog binge eating is one of my problems, in Vegas after my wedding I see semi good and fully intended to get straight back on track to get me back to goal but although I thought I hadn't been too bad I still had a massive gain. . . . . . . way more than I was mentally prepared for and I was flipping gutted so the vicious cycle began. In reality I would live to be that weight now. I guess after months of being super good I was just devastated to see my good work undone and started to feel worthless again :-(
I guess we have to learn from our past mistakes and I've come back to the fold and the support here will help us get back to where we should be.

Another day completed for me and I'm loving it, just like I did last time.

I know I'm back in the zone as I've cancelled a night out to one of hubby's friends evening reception in 2 weeks time :)
I don't want anything to come in my way that I can avoid. I'm away the weekend after but I know from last year that I can do weekends of being off plan but being good, a planned break as Cambridge call it. Just I'm being extra selective about what I do and don't do rather than doing everything.

The weekend is so very nearly upon us and I am honestly so pleased to be back :)
Thank you to everyone again for their kind words and best wishes as without the support here I'm not sure I could do this x x x

Morning Angel - I know what you mean about feeling like you we're super good and then seeing a big weight gain. The last time I lost on SS, I had a bad weekend and put 11lbs on!! Obviously it was mostly water and glycogen stores and not fat but it was very disheartening! I then ate to make myself feel better and so the spiralling began.

Its difficult to know how best to maintain and I think it is a matter of trial and error and working out what's best for you and what fits in with your lifestyle. I have heard of this 5:2 may look into it although at moment I am just recording everything using MFP, weighing everything and eating lots of fruit and veg. I have lost 3lbs this week so it's working! I expect that will slow down as I get closer to goal but I'm happy for it to come off slowly, am happy at my weight now and just enjoying re-educating myself on how to eat.

Its important to remember that last time you reached goal was a honeymoon/holiday which is where we naturally eat more. This time you will be able to go through the maintenance steps in a "normal" environment which will help enormously. You can do this Angel, keep up the good work.

Morning Angel - I know what you mean about feeling like you we're super good and then seeing a big weight gain. The last time I lost on SS, I had a bad weekend and put 11lbs on!! Obviously it was mostly water and glycogen stores and not fat but it was very disheartening! I then ate to make myself feel better and so the spiralling began.

Its difficult to know how best to maintain and I think it is a matter of trial and error and working out what's best for you and what fits in with your lifestyle. I have heard of this 5:2 may look into it although at moment I am just recording everything using MFP, weighing everything and eating lots of fruit and veg. I have lost 3lbs this week so it's working! I expect that will slow down as I get closer to goal but I'm happy for it to come off slowly, am happy at my weight now and just enjoying re-educating myself on how to eat.

Its important to remember that last time you reached goal was a honeymoon/holiday which is where we naturally eat more. This time you will be able to go through the maintenance steps in a "normal" environment which will help enormously. You can do this Angel, keep up the good work.

Thanks Laura,

I also use MFP and love the fact it predicts your weight for the future :) great for keeping us motivated. I guess it's all self control which is strange because I'm a control freak just not with food. lIke I've said I've always been a all or nothing kind of girl but hopefully the posts from yourself and others will help me see since and that it can be done.

I feel a bit of a fraud now posting on Cd forum as I've just placed a online order for 8 weeks of exante which was a much better price option and apparently is just as good. no consultant but other than weigh me mine wasn't doing very much so I know I don't need her to come round once a week. I only have enough CD products to get me to next weekend so this will see me through for a full 9 weeks in total :)
Very excited for my arrival. I guess one VLCD is as good as the next so considering its around half the price I hope it's a good but. I will as always keep posting lol.

Just getting ready for work and have enjoyed my banana tetra, chocolate one in my bag and a bar ready for me when I get home this evening. ITs not a bad life as my bar last night was amazing and I didn't feel like I was on a diet at all.

Have a good day everyone :)

Thanks Laura,

I also use MFP and love the fact it predicts your weight for the future :) great for keeping us motivated. I guess it's all self control which is strange because I'm a control freak just not with food. lIke I've said I've always been a all or nothing kind of girl but hopefully the posts from yourself and others will help me see since and that it can be done.

I feel a bit of a fraud now posting on Cd forum as I've just placed a online order for 8 weeks of exante which was a much better price option and apparently is just as good. no consultant but other than weigh me mine wasn't doing very much so I know I don't need her to come round once a week. I only have enough CD products to get me to next weekend so this will see me through for a full 9 weeks in total :)
Very excited for my arrival. I guess one VLCD is as good as the next so considering its around half the price I hope it's a good but. I will as always keep posting lol.

Just getting ready for work and have enjoyed my banana tetra, chocolate one in my bag and a bar ready for me when I get home this evening. ITs not a bad life as my bar last night was amazing and I didn't feel like I was on a diet at all.

Have a good day everyone :)

Expante is good - i tried it for a couple of days..haha...it's actually healthier as doesn't have aspartame in but means you get a worse headache to start with. It's obviously personal preference - for me the exante bars are nicer than CWP but the shakes I didn't like as much - they are creamier though. Definitely cheaper so if you can cope with not as much choice shake wise, it's good!

Expante is good - i tried it for a couple of days..haha...it's actually healthier as doesn't have aspartame in but means you get a worse headache to start with. It's obviously personal preference - for me the exante bars are nicer than CWP but the shakes I didn't like as much - they are creamier though. Definitely cheaper so if you can cope with not as much choice shake wise, it's good!

Thanks Laura,
Do Exante do any ready mates ? Or are they all powder shakes ?
My delivery arrives Tue as its my day off so I will be like a kid on Xmas lol x

just popped in to say "way to go chick" please send some of your motivation over here xxx

Thanks Laura,
Do Exante do any ready mates ? Or are they all powder shakes ?
My delivery arrives Tue as its my day off so I will be like a kid on Xmas lol x

If I remember right, they are just powder unless they have changed them! :) enjoy!

Back