Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I'm back

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Sticky, 12 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello to all my old friends & those who I've not 'met' yet :)

Well, I'm back! I have not been on here for probably a year now but sadly, not for the right reasons.

I was due to get married in May this year, but things started to fall apart last summer and in January this year I called the wedding off. Though I initiated the split, we both agreed it was for the best and to be honest, it's been the most amicable break-up ever (something I am very thankful for!!!).

We were together for 4.5 years and I loved (and still do) him very much - he's one of my best friends and we have a lot of respect for one another. But for me, it was not the right type of love anymore. An affair early on dented us and though we had a great relationship and we moved on, for me it was never the same (he had the affair). If I am honest, in my head I started the separation last summer, but with a wedding date set and plans made I felt like I had responsibility to stick it out, telling myself that despite the hiccup early on, I had a great guy who loved me and a nice way of life. However, I realised that I would be marrying him to keep everyone else happy at the expense of mine and I loved him and cared for him enough to not make vows I meant, but did not feel (I hope that makes sense).

It's been a rough year and though some amazing things have happened, it's taken it's toll. My weight plummeted after the split and I was at my target (by default of not actually being able to eat - NT advisable) and now, sadly, it's swung the other way and I am back to my heaviest weight of 12st2lbs (as of the scales in Boots today).

I've been at SW and going to group the whole time, my weight yo-yoing and slowly creeping up higher with each 'up'. The thing is, my C has not exactly been supportive (she's not at the best of times to be honest).

So today I made a decision - I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN, with help from the Boots scales each Monday and you. You see, I think not using this was a big part of why I lost my way.

It's going to be hard - my weight gain before was medical related and this is just down to comfort eating. So I have habits to break as well as weight to lose.

I know SW though and I know I can do this. I want to reach 9stone 10lbs and do it safely and healthily. Where else to turn than SW?!?!

I am excited about being back and looking forward to 'seeing' you all again. I may not be as active as I was before, simply because I have less free time, but I'll try to come on daily and provide the support I receive in return.

All my love, as always -
    Christina

P.S. One of the good things to happen (it's not all doom lol) is that I've met a new guy! He's really sweet and caring and I feel that 'zing' with him that I lost before. My ex and my new boyfriend get on AMAZINGLY well and are friends (told you it was amicable) and though he is going through a divorce which is taking it's toll, we're happy. Day at a time - not making any mistakes this time!!! But for now, things are on the up and I feel like I am myself a bit more than I was :)

jaylou likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome back Sticky. I was only wondering the other day where you had gone.

4. ellybellybalooba

ellybellybalooba Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Wow what an eventful year! I'm new to the site, but just want to wish you all the best!

x

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Lovely to see you back hun. xxx
    You can do it :) x

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Wowzers hun - sounds like a right rollercoaster. Sending you a huge hug xxx

PS update your goal date 'details' when you can! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.