I'M BACK :-)

Yes it was painful Rachel...it's just bright red and lumpy at the minute :-s

Oh no never good if you don't enjoy your job...what do you do? (if you don't mind me asking)

Well my OH is working this weekend so I am going to go shopping tomorrow (on my own - as I prefer it this way), then Sunday I will mostly be cleaning the house (how exciting). You any plans for the weekend?

Well we have decided on a Indian takeaway tonight and we are going to be having: Onion bhaji, Tandoori chicken and lamb kebab to share and then boiled rice and lamb balti to share with a chapatti to share and he will order some chips but I am going to try and resist these. I know it will be 3.5 for chapati for my half, 8.5 for onion bhaji, rice will be free...I will put a couple of syns for the oil maybe used on the tandoori chicken and maybe 6ish syns for curry....does this sound about right? That would be about 20 syns but if I write down 25 syns to cover myself....would you say this is fair? x

Ouch - that sounds very painful! I hope it heals up soon :)

I'm a graphic designer, but I currently work in a school doing all the publicity etc (hard to explain!). I've also been doing freelance work for the past 2 years - which is what I want to do full time eventually! Trying to break out into the invites industry at the moment! May even start design some wall art.... I shall see how it all goes! Just don't enjoy the day job - too samey samey!

Oooh will you be buying much?! Always better to go on your own, nothing worse than dragging your OH half around!

I reckon that sounds about right for the curry too! x

Oh wow sounds good Rachel....you will have to let us know if you do set a store up so we can all have a browse :)

I am actually just going to go look for some new clothes and shoes....I actually hate clothes shopping so can't say i'm looking forward to it haha x

So I had my curry last night and had pretty much what I planned so total syns for far for week are: 56/105

Saturday 14/09 - EE Day

Breakie

2 w/meal bread toasted (hb)
1 tbsp jam (2)

Lunch

2 McCains jacket potatoes (2)
Beans
30g cheese (ha)
Piece of pasta quiche (5) for cheese and milk in it

Tea

Bacon
SW chips
Poached egg
Mushrooms
Beans
1 sausage (5)

Daily syns = 14
Weekly syns = 70/105

Yay! I got them when they first came out, but then started doing weight watchers and they were too high in points. I'd forgotten all about them.

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Morning lovely ladies,

How are you all?

I had a rubbish day yesterday food wise :-( My OH was working all weekend so I went shopping Saturday and was very good, I waited till I got home to eat but on Saturday I had a very lazy day so I had cheese on toast for breakie (ha and hb) which was fine but then because I hadn't planned anything for my dinner and I was very hungry I couldn't wait to cook something so I ended up with a bag of space raiders (3) and a slice of white bread (4) and THEN I had a cup of tea and 4 biscuits....arrrgghhh why did I do it when I've had such a good week? My total syns now for the week is up to 104.5. I know I am just in my syns with 15 a day but I really wanted to try and stick to the 70 syns this week for a better loss. I am really hoping for a tiny loss (just a lb) to spur me on to next week because if it's a third week with no loss, I know it's going to knock me off track :-(

xx

Hey,

Ah don't worry! I had a major bad day on Saturday - ate a whole pizza to myself! It was comfort food though as had an almighty row with the OH! (Things sorted now thankfully) Although I still don't think I managed to eat up all of my syns for the week! From last weeks weight I've had a gain, but if I look at the weight I had during the week it's slightly lower... so I think perhaps last Mondays reading was wrong as I didn't eat a fat lot on Sunday, hence the low reading!

I will stick to it this week and hope for 0.5lbs off next Monday :)

I'm going for mostly red days this week... need to eat less carbs!

Anyway, a few biscuits and a bag of space raiders shouldn't hurt too much, and if it has this week is a fresh start! x

Oh no, nothing worse than comfort eating but glad you and OH have sorted things out :) Seeing the readings being up and down will hopefully spur you on for a good week and fingers crossed you will get a loss! It's frustrating when you have been sooo good all week and then 1 bad day totally destroys what you've done.

Hmm hopefully not but I think it's the fact I've had all 105 syns. I know consultants say they are there to be used but I don't like having the higher end of my syn allowance as I don't think I get good losses when I do that but I'm not asking for a lot...just a pound loss would be great to get me motivated for another good week. We shall see! x

Oh no, nothing worse than comfort eating but glad you and OH have sorted things out :) Seeing the readings being up and down will hopefully spur you on for a good week and fingers crossed you will get a loss! It's frustrating when you have been sooo good all week and then 1 bad day totally destroys what you've done.

Hmm hopefully not but I think it's the fact I've had all 105 syns. I know consultants say they are there to be used but I don't like having the higher end of my syn allowance as I don't think I get good losses when I do that but I'm not asking for a lot...just a pound loss would be great to get me motivated for another good week. We shall see! x

It really is frustrating! This is why I gave up before.... I need some results to keep me motivated! My plan is to hide the scales now until next Monday, stick to the diet, only have ONE treat a day which is 6 syns or less and go to the gym 3 times.... I think that's achievable! I am having Chinese on Fri night but I'll stick to boiled rice and chicken in oyster sauce :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! When do you weigh in? x

I will be getting weighed tonight about 4.15. I started a little group which consists of my nan, 2 aunties, 2 cousins and uncles gf and I take my scales on a Monday after work to my nans and we all get weighed together and I have some weigh-in sheets that I record it all down on so it's like my own little slimming group haha. I also text all of them every day with my food diary and they all text me too so we try to keep each other on track. My cousin is 18 and she has lost 2 stone...she is doing brilliantly!

We are having a chinese on Thursday....it's a bit pants as we used to have a treat night every Thursday when I went to slimming group and that day has always stuck so a bit crappy now I get weighed on a Monday but OH can't seem to get out of the routine and wants it on a Thursday still x

I will be getting weighed tonight about 4.15. I started a little group which consists of my nan, 2 aunties, 2 cousins and uncles gf and I take my scales on a Monday after work to my nans and we all get weighed together and I have some weigh-in sheets that I record it all down on so it's like my own little slimming group haha. I also text all of them every day with my food diary and they all text me too so we try to keep each other on track. My cousin is 18 and she has lost 2 stone...she is doing brilliantly!

We are having a chinese on Thursday....it's a bit pants as we used to have a treat night every Thursday when I went to slimming group and that day has always stuck so a bit crappy now I get weighed on a Monday but OH can't seem to get out of the routine and wants it on a Thursday still x

That's a really good idea! That's great for motivation! I may do that myself as my cousin and another friend are also doing the diet. I may suggest that this weekend :)

It shouldn't affect your weight too much, you have 3 days to recover :) x

Really sorry ladies but I'm in need of a moan about my OH.....we bought our first house together in June this year and him and his family aren't really close yet I am VERY close to all my family. His mum has been to the house twice and his sister has 3 little boys so she comes quite regular with them and we have even had her round for tea with the 3 boys etc. I am very welcoming as I love his family as much as I love mine. However when it comes to my family, my OH is not rude as such but sits there with a face like a smacked ar*e and to me he is being very rude. It's like he just can't wait for them to leave and doesn't make any effort with them.

I know it's quite early but I told my mum that this year she could come to me for Christmas dinner because since I have been with my OH we have at it at home on our own and this year I wanted to spend it with my mum. My OH is working this year till 4pm and we usually go to his sisters Christmas Day tea time for a buffet and to see the kids. So today I asked him if we were going to his sisters and whether he would want a christmas dinner when he got in from work. So the options were for my mum to come to us and we would have dinner when he got in OR if he didn't want a dinner and wanted to go straight to his sisters I would go to mums for dinner. So he replied saying have dinner with whoever you want. I said you haven't answered my question and asked him the same and he just said go and have dinner with your mum. He just makes me feel like he is happy to have his family round at OUR house but not my family. I have now just told him this over a message because I am fuming with him and can't wait till I get in to tell him!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH I am soooo angry!

This isn't just a one off it has happened numerous times! When we first moved in my family asked if we were having a bbq as a house warming and my OH basically said no but then a few weeks ago we had all his work friends round (who I've never met) for a bbq and it cost us about £60 for food etc and again I was very welcoming. My mum came round and we were sat in the garden and my OH was just sat in the house watching footy...why oh why is he being like this?
I understand he isn't close to his family but he should understand that I am. Anyway rant over and sorry it's a long one xx

Really sorry ladies but I'm in need of a moan about my OH.....we bought our first house together in June this year and him and his family aren't really close yet I am VERY close to all my family. His mum has been to the house twice and his sister has 3 little boys so she comes quite regular with them and we have even had her round for tea with the 3 boys etc. I am very welcoming as I love his family as much as I love mine. However when it comes to my family, my OH is not rude as such but sits there with a face like a smacked ar*e and to me he is being very rude. It's like he just can't wait for them to leave and doesn't make any effort with them.

I know it's quite early but I told my mum that this year she could come to me for Christmas dinner because since I have been with my OH we have at it at home on our own and this year I wanted to spend it with my mum. My OH is working this year till 4pm and we usually go to his sisters Christmas Day tea time for a buffet and to see the kids. So today I asked him if we were going to his sisters and whether he would want a christmas dinner when he got in from work. So the options were for my mum to come to us and we would have dinner when he got in OR if he didn't want a dinner and wanted to go straight to his sisters I would go to mums for dinner. So he replied saying have dinner with whoever you want. I said you haven't answered my question and asked him the same and he just said go and have dinner with your mum. He just makes me feel like he is happy to have his family round at OUR house but not my family. I have now just told him this over a message because I am fuming with him and can't wait till I get in to tell him!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH I am soooo angry!

This isn't just a one off it has happened numerous times! When we first moved in my family asked if we were having a bbq as a house warming and my OH basically said no but then a few weeks ago we had all his work friends round (who I've never met) for a bbq and it cost us about £60 for food etc and again I was very welcoming. My mum came round and we were sat in the garden and my OH was just sat in the house watching footy...why oh why is he being like this?
I understand he isn't close to his family but he should understand that I am. Anyway rant over and sorry it's a long one xx

I feel your anger! I'd be annoyed too. Have a chat with him about it when you get home and put your feelings across and let him know how it makes you feel. I'd be annoyed about the BBQ thing! Good on you for being welcoming, I don't think I could have held it together!

I find with my OH that he doesn't really think about how his actions can upset me! Never ever thinks about how I might feel.

I hope you get it all sorted out :) x

I know how you must be feeling, and hope you get it sorted out.
The only advice I can give you is to remember that men and women are very different, and he just won't see a problem in something that is a big deal to you.
Sometimes I can't quite believe I've been with my OH for so long without murdering him :)
Do what makes you happy x

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Haha thanks ladies! Well he said that the reason he put for me to just have dinner with mum at hers is because is he on standby and he doesn't know if he has to work a different shift or not until the day. I just said well why didn't you say that, would have made it a lot easier and he just said I just jump to conclusions haha. Ah well I feel better anyway as I got what I wanted.....a POUND LOSS...woohoo! I have written myself a weekly meal planner with breakfast, dinner and tea on and I have just been shopping and got everything for the week so I am ready for another good week :) x

Hi there, and welcome back. I am subscribing if that ok?
Have just been reading through your diary, food looks good.

Your OH is like my youngest son to a degree. He is not at all good with his MIL. She is a pain, but courtesy does not cost anything. She is not there very often and I have spoken to him about it in the past. He improves then for a while.

I love the idea that your family get together and have a weigh in.

WELL DONE ON THAT 1LB TOO. :D

Woooo well done with your loss love that u get together with the fam :)

Hope things get sorted with your oh :) just sit him down and tell him how you feel even show him your rant on here and it might sink in

:) xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back