I'M BACK :-)

I know - I am usually the post patient person ever but with this it's a whole different story....so impatient. I knew it weren't going to happen straight away but after 5 months it gets a bit frustrating. I know I just have to chill out and relax about it and it will sure happen.

Tbh I think if you've had a 100% week since the afternoon tea then I'm certain it won't hinder you getting a good result this week :) I know what you mean as it's embarrassing when they are going round and you've had a gain, or I felt like that anyway so it definitely made me work harder.

x

It will :) it took my friend a year to get pregnant, she's due boxing day!

Fingers crossed! I hope so.... sadly I won't stick around for the meeting... it bored me! I didn't take any tips or hints away from it last week. It was just an hour of the consultant congratulating people's losses. Don't get me wrong it's nice to hear but it doesn't really motivate me anymore than it does standing on the scales! So I'm just going to attend, hop on scales and leave! x

I must admit when I used to go to groups I didn't like staying very much for that reason because it used to last a good hour and people just used to go on about how much of a crap week they'd had yet they'd had a loss and it used to wind me up but then on other hand I thought what's the pointing paying £5 just to get weighed when I can do it at home for free.

It makes a massive difference if you get a good group of people sharing recipes and meal ideas etc.

I just know with me not going to group that I'm not 100% and I don't know why not because I really want to lose weight but naughty food just tempts me too much lol xx

I must admit when I used to go to groups I didn't like staying very much for that reason because it used to last a good hour and people just used to go on about how much of a crap week they'd had yet they'd had a loss and it used to wind me up but then on other hand I thought what's the pointing paying £5 just to get weighed when I can do it at home for free.

It makes a massive difference if you get a good group of people sharing recipes and meal ideas etc.

I just know with me not going to group that I'm not 100% and I don't know why not because I really want to lose weight but naughty food just tempts me too much lol xx

I think in an ideal world if it didn't go on for an hour (in a very cold room too!) then I would stay. It's nice to hear how people have achieved their goals but all they really talk about is what sort of week they've had, I can't remember anything being food related! £5 is a lot but it's worth it for the motivation it will bring :) I really hope I've lost at least something on Saturday!

I'm the same, I love naughty food. I've not bought any bad stuff this week and won't next week! I don't want it there calling out my name lol. May make the odd low syn rice pudding to satisfy my cravings! x

Thurs 17/10

Breakie

2 slices of w/meal bread (hb)
Jam (2)
Banana

Lunch

Jacket potato
Chilli from last night (1)
Apple and grapes
FF yog
Orange

Dinner - Takeaway night

Boiled rice
Plain noodles
smoked chicken (2 for oil)
1 prawn toast (3.5)
Curry sauce (2)

Daily syns - 10.5
Weekly syns - 53

Last edited:
Morning ladies,

Well I am getting weighed tonight...hoping they have gone down a little as been on the bike every day!

Fri 18/10

Breakie

Banana
Apple
Grapes

Lunch

2 w/meal bread (hb)
Tuna
Space raiders (3.5)
FF yog
Orange
Pineapple

I am out for tea tonight but I am going to have salmon with spicy rice and salad and I am driving so will be on diet coke
:)

Daily syns - 3.5
Weekkly syns - 56.5/90 (6 days this week for WI)

Well I got weighed on Saturday and I had put 2lbs on....was gutted as I felt i'd had a good week and I had also been on the bike everyday. My week didn't get off to a great start as my OH had come off nights saturday morning at 6.30am, he then went to bed but didn't end up falling to sleep till about 9am and then he had to be up at 12pm as we were meeting his cousin that he had never met before. I did manage to have small breakie about 10am but then we didn't get back from seeing his cousin till about 5pm and because my OH had had a drink he ended up getting his sister to take us to hers and then drop us at home later. When we got to her house, they were having a Mcd's for tea and because my OH hadn't eaten anything and I only had a small breakie we had one too. So here is my food diary since Saturday:

Sat 19/10

Breakie

2 bacon
1 egg in frylight
Baked beans
Mushrooms
1 Richmonds Thin sausage (3)

Had no lunch

Dinner

Mcds Chicken legend burger (27)
Medium fries (11.5)

Daily syns - 41.5
Weekly syns - 41.5

Sun 20/10

Breakie

Banana

Lunch

2 bacon
Poached egg
1 large flat mushroom
1 hash brown (1.5)
2 w/meal toast (hb)
Butter (2)
Beans and Sausage (3.5)

Dinner

Salmon
Smoked cod
New potatoes
Cabbage
Sprouts
Carrots
Peas

Daily syns - 7
Weekly syns - 48.5

I am following the SW diet but I downloaded an app on my phone just to keep an eye on the amount of calories I was consuming and I am averaging around 1200/1300 a day so I can't understand why I am not losing weight?!?

Hey,

Looking at your food I think you are eating well! I think you should start taking measurements as it could be you are losing weight but as you've mentioned you've been on the bike everyday so it's likely you could have developed muscle mass. the same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was following the weight watchers diet 100% and on the side I was doing 5 or so exercise classes a week! Everytime I got on the scales I'd either stayed the same or gained weight! I couldn't understand why. I ended up giving up and after a few weeks realised I actually felt better body wise when I was doing the plan and exercise, I felt more toned. I'm pretty sure from what the say muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space! So get that tape measure out and start tracking your inch loss too. I bet that is what it is! I'm actually too scared to do to much gym work in case the same thing happens to me and I go to group and don't lose anything! So I'm going to aim for 2 sessions a week! x

Hmm yes you are right.....I shall get the tape measure out tonight and keep a track of my measurements. It's so frustrating when all you care about is what the scales say and they are going up!! x

Monday 21/10

Breakie

1 slice 800g w/meal bread toasted (hb)
Plum tomatoes

Snack

Banana

Lunch

Jacket potato
SW chilli - tiny amount stuffed into potato
Cheese (ha)
FF yogurt
Orange

Dinner

Chicken
Potatoes - Mash and roasties (fry light)
Sprouts
Cabbage
Peas
Broccoli
Cauli
Gravy (1.5)
Small Yorkie (2)

Daily syns - 3.5
Weekly syns - 52

Last edited:
Tues 22/10

Breakie

1 400g slice w/meal bread (1/2 hb)
30g cheese (ha)

Snack

Breakie
Cereal bar (1/2 hb)

Lunch

Pasta
chicken
Peppers
FF yog
Orange

Dinner

Gammon
Poached Egg
SW chips
Garden Peas

treat size curly wurly (3)

Daily syns = 3
Weekly syns = 55

Last edited:
Weds 23/10

Breakie

2 w/meal bread toasted (hb)
butter (2)

Lunch

Warburtons thins (5)
Tom puree
Chicken
Peppers
Cheese (ha)
SW chips

Dinner

2 sausages (10)
Mash
Gravy (1.5)
small yorkie (2)
Onions
Peas
Carrots

Daily syns - 20.5
Weekly syns - 75.5

Eeeek has quite a lot of syns yesterday :-s

I did 15 mins on the bike and done 10 minutes each other day so hoping the exercise will help a little

Thurs 24/10

Breakie

2 w/meal bread toasted
Jam (2)
Banana

Lunch

Mackerel in tomato sauce
Lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Raddish
FF yog

Tea

Chicken kebab with plenty of salad (9.5)

Daily syns - 11.5
weekly syns - 87

Hi Rachel,

I am good thanks how are you? I am actually going to have a change and start the 5:2 diet from Monday....my first fasting day will be Tuesday so I don't think I will be posting in this section anymore as obviously this is for SW plans but I shall keep checking in on you to see how you're getting on. I will probably do a diary in the calorie counting section of this website :)

I just want to try something different to see if it gives me a little boost. I will probably follow SW on the other 5 days as I have been doing that as well as calorie counting and I've been having around 1200/1300 calories a day doing SW way. How are you getting on? x

Well ladies I lost 2lb last night and I did my first 'fast' day yesterday and managed to eat only 477 calories yesterday....will get weighed and measure on Monday and see how if the fasting has any effect on me :) x

Hi Rachel,

I have managed to lose 3lb in the last 3 weeks and I have also lost 1.5 inch from around my tummy :) It is weird because I literally eat what I want 5 days a week so this way of eating really suits me at the minute. I obviously don't binge on my eating days but I have around 1400/1600 calories on eating days. Apparently if you save up 3500 calories that equates to a pound a week. I managed it last week and I have also saved just over that this week so hopefully the scales will say another pound loss this week! x

Back